Sign in to follow this  
solidsnake2384

9/11 10th Anniversary

Let us all respect the victims and everyone who helped on this day. Please dont go off topic here on some retarded conspiracy theories.

Please visit this link. Its a collection of home videos from 9/11 and its very creepy. Dont watch if youre easily disturbed. Includes the suicides of the workers and the plane crashes. I just want to say there is alot more footage when it was aired on television from the home videos and I dont know why some of it was cut out on the website.

http://www.history.com/interactives/witness-to-911

From the moment it happened it was the thought of those that had to make the horrific choice to jump that's always rattled my spirit. There's just something about the fact that you had workers, just starting their morning maybe grabbing a coffee or conversing at water cooler -and next thing you know your plummenting for 10 seconds free fall towards inevitability.... :(

R.I.P poor souls.

Rest in peace the 9/11 victims of terror, you will not be forgotten. Condolences to all the families we saw on TV today, whose grief is still so raw.

Hopefully one day we will be free of the grasping evil hand of the terrorist. It's something that has affected every country I have lived in and some of my earliest memories are of explosions in the night and fire on the horizon. To absent friends also.

And for you to do something like that. You had to be in a real shitty situation with absolutely no way out of it but that. Just imagine what they were thinking while falling.

I watched a programme last week where the New York mayor Julianno (spelling) said:- he'd like to think that the heat was so ferocious it forced them out, rather than they 'chose' to jump!

Giulliani is an complete moron as far as I am concerned. A statement like that completely takes away the sense of the despair and hopelessness those that jumped must have felt. It dishonours them as far as I am concerned.

9/11 was one of those moments that will be seared forever in the brains of those who were old enough to understand what was going on on that fateful day. I think it changed the world in a significant way and its repercussions are felt to this day. Whether the change is for the better or for the worse it will be many more decades along before it is understood.

16067202.jpg

Robert Peraza, who lost his son Robert David Peraza, pauses at his son's name at the North Pool of the 9/11 Memorial.

Sums up the day of remembrance for me.

I watched a programme last week where the New York mayor Julianno (spelling) said:- he'd like to think that the heat was so ferocious it forced them out, rather than they 'chose' to jump!

He said as he catered to socially conservative voters too Christian to countenance "suicide" in such a situation.

Was reading a very in-depth blogsite about it last nite but won't link due to many photos which I believe would be in bad taste.

Basically some were literally running anywhere they could that could help, if only for brief relief, from flames and the inability to breathe. Others were backed into a choiceless corner with unbearable heat and flames approaching and some waited for others to jump as if perhaps finding the act of not doing it alone.... There was also a picture of two holding hands as well. Makeshift parachutes were also attempted but could not sustain the force generated by their falls which either ripped fabric (tablecloths, drapes...) or were snatched from their hands.

I'm sure any God of any faith would have nothing but mercy.

Edited by froggyluv

That sound is engraved into my head now. Whats scarier is that youre pretty much watching him die.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

That just put me into a bad mood....

Hearing recordings of men die is disturbing stuff, there's a similar recording of a US sub going down and not coming back up.

I'd suggest we try to celebrate the lives of these victims rather than the manner of their deaths.

I'd suggest we try to celebrate the lives of these victims rather than the manner of their deaths.

Never a more wise sentence that this.

Did a whole unit of English on the whole jumper issue, to say that they were all forced out is incredibly disrespectful (entirely untrue too, in face of evidence).

Their choice to either stay or go simply proves that in the end they had direct control of the outcome of their lives, and wasn't dictated by the perpetrators.

It was a horrific tradegy, but it was ten years ago.

I care for those 3,000 (+152,000) people that died on that day ten years ago as much as the 155,000 that die everyday.

That's all I have to say.

TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS TERRORISTS

Edited by Dead3yez

<----In the light of my join date:

Had many an argument and lively discussion in this forum since that day. Went from an outright jingoistic-nationalistic attitude to perhaps a more enlightened attitude. Looks like just about everyone that used to be here back then has moved on. Some of the people that were around helped in my shifting attitude toward the whole War on Terror bit.

And don't forgett the first responders which died on sicknesses the years after 9/11 beause the Air was toxic and the gov. told them that it would be safe.

retarded conspiracy theories

Absolutly. To think Ali baba aaahm Bin Laden and 19 Raiders from a cave could conspire to do such a massive crime is something for people which are mentaly retarded.

I care for those 3,000 (+152,000) people that died on that day ten years ago as much as the 155,000 that die everyday.

Whise words, but most time it is a big difference if you die in NY during a Terrorattack or you die in a nameless village somewhere in eastern congo.

And don't forgett the first responders which died on sicknesses the years after 9/11 beause the Air was toxic and the gov. told them that it would be safe.

Absolutly. To think Ali baba aaahm Bin Laden and 19 Raiders from a cave could conspire to do such a massive crime is something for people which are mentaly retarded.

Alrighty, well this about wraps this thread up! It's all downhill from here, folks.

Edited by ryguy

And to think some cave dwellers are able to create hundreds of complex road bombs. Gotta be an idiot to believe that.

Now back on topic plz.

A university-educated millionaire and successful wartime commander lacks the genius necessary to order someone to sneak a pocket knife onto an airplane in a sleepy regional airport?*

*The airport in my town was where several of the hijackers got past security.

*The airport in my town was where several of the hijackers got past security.

Don't worry, TSA strangers grab your genitals now or cook you with radiation and this will never happen again.

a pocket knife

Here is my idea. Take a small pocket knife and try to force some adult people to follow your orders.

First responders decry exclusion from 9/11 ceremony

The first responders are not invited to this year's September 11 memorial ceremony at ground zero,

I agree, the need for perspective in relation to other events is necessary, however to show such immense apathy to an event of the scale of 9/11 not only shows your lack of understanding of the event but total contempt to those who died and continue to die since 2001 in the wake of the attacks.

You got a response out of me, i hope you're happy, now back under your bridge.

Here is my idea. Take a small pocket knife and try to force some adult people to follow your orders.

You must be one of those people who thinks knives aren't dangerous because they don't cause hydrostatic shock.

Anyways, when people tried to hijack commercial airliners back in the day, the flight crew would cooperate. The hijackers would fly to a regional airport in a third world country and disappear after extorting their cash or making their political point. Happened all the time, and everyone went home safe but inconvenienced.