Sign in to follow this  
Anzu

Get player BE GUID within script

Hello, I'm experimenting with some different MP scripts and was wondering if it's possible to determine or check a player's BattlEye GUID from within a SQF script?

Right now, I'm checking player IDs in a script by using this code:

_uid = getPlayerUID _unit;
if ( _uid = "1234567" ) then ...

I'd much rather have this condition check the players BattlEye GUID since the player IDs are so easily spoofable. Is there a GUID equivalent to getPlayerUID ?

Any helpful hints would be much appreciated :-)

sorry. no vanilla commands or functions lets you do that.

however there is a way. but it involves making your own rcon running on the server. paste the players list to clippboard then from script copy from clippboard. alot of work just to get the guid..

i guess its also possible to use make some app tail the serverlog file as the guid gets stored ther. then by some regexpression get the wanted data. then post it on the clippboard. but hey. still alot of work getting the guid.

i guess its also possible to use make some app tail the serverlog file as the guid gets stored ther. then by some regexpression get the wanted data. then post it on the clippboard. but hey. still alot of work getting the guid.

You probably could create a "guids" folder and have an external script write the GUIDs to files. And then it'd be something like:

_guid = loadFile format ["guids/%1", name player];

This has the benefit of being cross-platform as well (the clipboard functions are Windows-only AFAIK - not that I'd want to run a GUI on a server). Also, it's better than writing to one file since it avoids the issue of parsing the file from within ArmA.

If there is enough interest in this, I'll consider doing something like this.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Giving me some ideas...

You probably could create a "guids" folder and have an external script write the GUIDs to files. And then it'd be something like:

This has the benefit of being cross-platform as well (the clipboard functions are Windows-only AFAIK - not that I'd want to run a GUI on a server). Also, it's better than writing to one file since it avoids the issue of parsing the file from within ArmA.

This sounds like a great solution for me since I run on a linux server with no GUI. A bash script would parse the log for player's GUIDs, then write them to files. Then your above code would read those GUID files from the SQF script. I'm going to try some things with this, if I get anywhere I'll post back here my results.

Thanks again, great ideas! :D

Oh and yes I agree, this would be an awesome feature to have for Arma 3 scripters ^_^

Edited by Anzu

This sounds like a great solution for me since I run on a linux server with no GUI. A bash script would parse the log for player's GUIDs, then write them to files. Then your above code would read those GUID files from the SQF script. I'm going to try some things with this, if I get anywhere I'll post back here my results.

Glad to see more Linux server admins around. :)

Another thing to remember is that the built-in logger only updates the file every X minutes. For this purpose, you'll probably want real-time logging, so your best bet would be to use Bash IO redirection to redirect STDOUT to a file (and disable the built-in logger).

If you're using start-stop-daemon in an init script, you can create a separate launcher script for this. I do this not only for real-time logging, but also for automatic restarts:

#!/bin/bash
# ArmA 2: OA server launcher - restarts server after shutdown/crash

NAME=$1

shift

sudo -u $NAME /opt/arma2oa/bin/arma2oaserver $@ > /var/opt/arma2oa/log/$NAME.log

# Restart server (init script is called so it can rotate logs)
/etc/init.d/arma2oaserver-$NAME force-reload

exit 0

I also write the launcher PID to a file. If the server is stopped using the init script, the launcher is killed first to avoid an auto-restart.

I strongly recommend setting up something for automatic restarts anyways, since script kiddies can easily shut the server down. (It also provides a facility for your administrators to hard restart easily, just by using the shutdown button.)

that would work as long as ther is no player with som weird name [*.().*]†♥\/ uber killer

you might want to consider using the pid as a referance to the guid instead.

Edited by nuxil

that would work as long as ther is no player with som weird name [*.().*]†♥\/ uber killer

you might want to consider using the pid as a referance to the guid instead.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. PID is probably the way to go.

I'd love a command to grab GUID instead.

Noted. I hope we can add support for that soon.

Okay I've been experimenting with some ways I can get the GUIDs, IPs, and player names from the logs. And I've come up with this...

I start my arma server with a command like:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/user/arma2
# Rotate net.log if it exists
[ -w net.log ] && mv net.log logs/net.log.$(date +%m-%d-%Y_%H%M).txt || echo "No net.log file to rotate"
nohup ./server -name=myprofile -config=myconfig.cfg -netlog -BEpath=mypath > logs/$(date +%m-%d-%Y_%H%M).txt 2> logs/$(date +%m-%d-%Y_%H%M)err.txt &
exit

then I came up with this script to parse the GUIDs, IPs, and player names from the latest log file:

#!/bin/bash
# Set path where "arma2" folder is
USERDIR=/home/user
# Set filename of latest log file
FILENAME=$(ls -tr1 --hide=*err* /home/user/arma2/logs | tail -n 1)
# Set full path name of that logfile
FULLNAME=$(find /home/user/arma2/logs | grep $FILENAME | grep -vw net.log)

PLAYER0FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/players/player0
GUID0FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/guids/guid0
IP0FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/ips/ip0
PLAYER1FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/players/player1
GUID1FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/guids/guid1
IP1FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/ips/ip1
PLAYER2FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/players/player2
GUID2FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/guids/guid2
IP2FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/ips/ip2
PLAYER3FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/players/player3
GUID3FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/guids/guid3
IP3FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/ips/ip3
PLAYER4FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/players/player4
GUID4FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/guids/guid4
IP4FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/ips/ip4
PLAYER5FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/players/player5
GUID5FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/guids/guid5
IP5FILE=$USERDIR/arma2/logs/ips/ip5
function getdiscname {
# show name of last player to disconnect
DISCONNECT=$(tac $FULLNAME | grep --max-count=1 " disconnected.")
echo -n $DISCONNECT | sed 's/Player /&\n/;s/.*\n//;s/ disconnected/\n&/;s/\n.*//'
}
# Find last player to disconnect, 
# and if their GUID, IP, and player name were stored in the files
# then clear those files
PLAYERDISC=$(getdiscname)
CUR_PLAYER0=$(cat $PLAYER0FILE)
CUR_PLAYER1=$(cat $PLAYER1FILE)
CUR_PLAYER2=$(cat $PLAYER2FILE)
CUR_PLAYER3=$(cat $PLAYER3FILE)
CUR_PLAYER4=$(cat $PLAYER4FILE)
CUR_PLAYER5=$(cat $PLAYER5FILE)
if [ "$PLAYERDISC" == "$CUR_PLAYER0" ] ; then
echo "" > $PLAYER0FILE
echo "" > $GUID0FILE
echo "" > $IP0FILE
fi
if [ "$PLAYERDISC" == "$CUR_PLAYER1" ] ; then
echo "" > $PLAYER1FILE
echo "" > $GUID1FILE
echo "" > $IP1FILE
fi
if [ "$PLAYERDISC" == "$CUR_PLAYER2" ] ; then
echo "" > $PLAYER2FILE
echo "" > $GUID2FILE
echo "" > $IP2FILE
fi
if [ "$PLAYERDISC" == "$CUR_PLAYER3" ] ; then
echo "" > $PLAYER3FILE
echo "" > $GUID3FILE
echo "" > $IP3FILE
fi
if [ "$PLAYERDISC" == "$CUR_PLAYER4" ] ; then
echo "" > $PLAYER4FILE
echo "" > $GUID4FILE
echo "" > $IP4FILE
fi
if [ "$PLAYERDISC" == "$CUR_PLAYER5" ] ; then
echo "" > $PLAYER5FILE
echo "" > $GUID5FILE
echo "" > $IP5FILE
fi

# Get line with most recent Player #0
PLAYER0=$(tac $FULLNAME | grep "Player #0" | grep "GUID:" | grep --max-count=1 "BattlEye Server:")
if [ -n "$PLAYER0" ] ; then
# Get GUID from player 0
GUID0=$(echo $PLAYER0 | grep -o '[0-9a-f]\{32\}')
# Get IP from player 0
IP0=$(echo $PLAYER0 | grep -o '[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}')
# Get name from player 0
# Note: this grabs the text between the strings "Player #xx " and " (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
# Since the format of the log file is "Player #13 Big Bad Joe (1.2.3.4:2304)"
# this will grab the name between the player number and their IP address
PLAYER0=$(echo $PLAYER0 | sed 's/Player #[0-9]\{1,2\}[[:space:]]/&\n/;s/.*\n//;s/[[:space:]]([0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}/\n&/;s/\n.*//') #)
# Write GUID and IP to their respective files
echo -n $GUID0 > $GUID0FILE
echo -n $IP0 > $IP0FILE
echo -n $PLAYER0 > $PLAYER0FILE
fi
PLAYER1=$(tac $FULLNAME | grep "Player #1" | grep "GUID:" | grep --max-count=1 "BattlEye Server:")
if [ -n "$PLAYER1" ] ; then
GUID1=$(echo $PLAYER1 | grep -o '[0-9a-f]\{32\}')
IP1=$(echo $PLAYER1 | grep -o '[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}')
PLAYER1=$(echo $PLAYER1 | sed 's/Player #[0-9]\{1,2\}[[:space:]]/&\n/;s/.*\n//;s/[[:space:]]([0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}/\n&/;s/\n.*//') #)
echo -n $GUID1 > $GUID1FILE
echo -n $IP1 > $IP1FILE
echo -n $PLAYER1 > $PLAYER1FILE
fi
PLAYER2=$(tac $FULLNAME | grep "Player #2" | grep "GUID:" | grep --max-count=1 "BattlEye Server:")
if [ -n "$PLAYER2" ] ; then
GUID2=$(echo $PLAYER2 | grep -o '[0-9a-f]\{32\}')
IP2=$(echo $PLAYER2 | grep -o '[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}')
PLAYER2=$(echo $PLAYER2 | sed 's/Player #[0-9]\{1,2\}[[:space:]]/&\n/;s/.*\n//;s/[[:space:]]([0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}/\n&/;s/\n.*//') #)
echo -n $GUID2 > $GUID2FILE
echo -n $IP2 > $IP2FILE
echo -n $PLAYER2 > $PLAYER2FILE
fi
PLAYER3=$(tac $FULLNAME | grep "Player #3" | grep "GUID:" | grep --max-count=1 "BattlEye Server:")
if [ -n "$PLAYER3" ] ; then
GUID3=$(echo $PLAYER3 | grep -o '[0-9a-f]\{32\}')
IP3=$(echo $PLAYER3 | grep -o '[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}')
PLAYER3=$(echo $PLAYER3 | sed 's/Player #[0-9]\{1,2\}[[:space:]]/&\n/;s/.*\n//;s/[[:space:]]([0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}/\n&/;s/\n.*//') #)
echo -n $GUID3 > $GUID3FILE
echo -n $IP3 > $IP3FILE
echo -n $PLAYER3 > $PLAYER3FILE
fi
PLAYER4=$(tac $FULLNAME | grep "Player #4" | grep "GUID:" | grep --max-count=1 "BattlEye Server:")
if [ -n "$PLAYER4" ] ; then
GUID4=$(echo $PLAYER4 | grep -o '[0-9a-f]\{32\}')
IP4=$(echo $PLAYER4 | grep -o '[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}')
PLAYER4=$(echo $PLAYER4 | sed 's/Player #[0-9]\{1,2\}[[:space:]]/&\n/;s/.*\n//;s/[[:space:]]([0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}/\n&/;s/\n.*//') #)
echo -n $GUID4 > $GUID4FILE
echo -n $IP4 > $IP4FILE
echo -n $PLAYER4 > $PLAYER4FILE
fi
PLAYER5=$(tac $FULLNAME | grep "Player #5" | grep "GUID:" | grep --max-count=1 "BattlEye Server:")
if [ -n "$PLAYER5" ] ; then
GUID5=$(echo $PLAYER5 | grep -o '[0-9a-f]\{32\}')
IP5=$(echo $PLAYER5 | grep -o '[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}\.[0-9]\{1,3\}')
PLAYER5=$(echo $PLAYER5 | sed 's/Player #[0-9]\{1,2\}[[:space:]]/&\n/;s/.*\n//;s/[[:space:]]([0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}.[0-9]\{1,3\}/\n&/;s/\n.*//') #)
echo -n $GUID5 > $GUID5FILE
echo -n $IP5 > $IP5FILE
echo -n $PLAYER5 > $PLAYER5FILE
fi
exit

so far, i'm just getting the GUID, IP, and player name for the first 5 players. just to see if its working. the script will record GUIDs, IPs, and player names to their own separate files as the players connect. it also clears the files for the players who have disconnected.

UPDATE: I havn't thoroughly tested this script, but I'm not sure it's clearing the disconnected players correctly. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it :)

Edited by Anzu
Updated my code