Sign in to follow this  
dlder

Bonus Mission "EW"

Hi

first of all: this mission rocks! I totally enjoyed it and until now it was the finest and creepiest mission (don't know about AO yet).

But unfortunately at the end, when everyone has to pick straws, the copilot got the shortest one and says something like he doesn't accept it and is going to kill me. Everyone else points their gun at him and then it just stays like that. The game doesn't freeze or anything; I and the others still jiggle a little bit but thats that. No one shoots and I can't do anything 'cause I'm still in "movie mode" (meaning there are still the black bars top/bottom of the screen).

Could you tell me what happens next? Or point me to a video? Or better yet, tell me how to resolve this problem? :rolleyes:

I searched the net but only found to other posibillities:

Endless Waiting - You pick the shortest

Escape Way - Another picked the shortest

Thanks in advance,

Well in my case

When I joined the russian team we went to the harbor where the pilot or copilot was left behind, we took the boat and off we went. The mission ended then.

Try and replay from the last mission. The only advice I can give you.

cheers

No, not using any mods; well, I'm running mixed Arma2-Retail + OA-Steam = Combined Operaions, but other than that...

Anyway, thx for the info; maybe I'll try again tonight

cheers

I get to the rendezvous point, meet up with the Spetnaz and follow them to the Coast. There are a few endings ...

The first time, I reach the pier. I see a boat at the end run to the boat, the Spetnaz watch me. A voice from the boat yells "Hey Blufor, hop in". I jump in, the crewman takes off and the Spetnaz shoot up the boat, killing both of us on the boat.

The second time, I walk down the pier, when I reach the end, I turn around and shoot the Spetnaz automatic gunner (the guy who opens fire on me from the end of the pier - I get "Blue on Blue!" warnings). I hop into the boat and we take off to Utes. Suddenly, I'm on a hilltop. looking at Utes when a mushroom cloud appears. There are also alternative endings (as far as I have read), including where you draw straws and lose and the Spetnaz take off, leaving you behind to be lynched by a mod of Chenarussians. You could also draw straws and win but as you take off to Utes, it gets a-bombed by the Ruskies. I think the point is no matter what happens, everyone gets nuked. Good hunting!

Edited by MissionCreep

I hop into the boat and we take off to Utes. Suddenly, I'm on a hilltop. looking at Utes when a mushroom cloud appears.

I am not aware of this ending. Do I understand it correctly you escaped with US soldier, leaving Specnaz team behind?

@Dlder:

There are four endings, all of them based on result of drawing the matches.

It's possible some recent Operation Arrowhead AI fix caused Russian pilot not to shoot you. However, you reached the ending, and only what would follow would be your death and ending credits.

I'll investigate what's wrong.

I am not aware of this ending. Do I understand it correctly you escaped with US soldier, leaving Specnaz team behind?

@Dlder:

There are four endings, all of them based on result of drawing the matches.

It's possible some recent Operation Arrowhead AI fix caused Russian pilot not to shoot you. However, you reached the ending, and only what would follow would be your death and ending credits.

I'll investigate what's wrong.

Yes ... the Spetznaz kept killing me as I tried to get to the boat or as the boat left.

So I took out the Spetznaz (blue-on-blue) from the far end of the dock just before I got into the boat (I believe I only had to take out the the Spetnaz squad automatic gunner - I recall if I killed him first, the others did nothing ).

Once that was taken care of I hopped into the boat (I'm not sure if I became driver or not - I may have). But the boat sped off and then there was a sudden cut to a group of men talking on a hillside overlooking the water and then a fireball in the distance. This was about 3 Arma2 patches ago that I played it.

I just want to add that I got the same bug. Everybody just stands their with their guns pointed but the co-pilot doesn't actually shoot you. Good campaign regardless.

What happens once he shoots you? Do they shoot him and then fade to black? Or does he get away with it?

I remember I played EW back when it had been just released.

Once I ran to the boat and the Spetznaz killed me before reaching it, once I reached it and they killed me once when were leaving, another time they killed the pilot and we drew straws, but the russian pilot never shot me he only said that thing that I should be left behind.

Since I've been running A2+OA+RFT they always kill the boat pilot and we all draw straws. I never got the shortest one, nor the russian pilot. It always was the Spetz leader or the sniper or someone else.

Edited by folgore_airborne