Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 84467

500 AI ingame and remote observation of the AI shows no warping ....good job.

Of course with that many AI they aren't reacting as fast as they should, but one problem at a time :)

Brilliant!

Now that is a result ..

You lucky git, I wish I could even test that amount on my trashcan of a rig :)

Note on the Improved AI handgun animations related to the "AI switch to pistol and get stuck bug".

I dont know for which reason the AI decides to switch to the pistol, but now they dont get stuck any more. Still they dont have any reason to switch to the pistol since my AI guy had many ammo for his MG left.

Broken "costs" in config most likely.

The only 2 cases where AI needs to switch to pistol really are:

- when it's out of ammo

- when it has a sniper rifle and the enemy is within 50-100m

Broken "costs" in config most likely.

The only 2 cases where AI needs to switch to pistol really are:

- when it's out of ammo

- when it has a sniper rifle and the enemy is within 50-100m

Make that 25m... any military issue pistol is worthless beyond 25m in RL.

RL pistol practice is done on a 20 range for a reason.

Even high grade 6" sporting pistols with aimpoint or scope are not shot beyond 50m.

Make that 25m... any military issue pistol is worthless beyond 25m in RL.

This. It's amazing how much of a numpty most people are with pistols, myself included.

Also I finally want to see AI to learn to fight kneeling when in "AUTO" stance

Damn it I just wiped out 14 AIs without much effort just because they were standing

They should almost completely forget about standing stance when under fire/ the enemy is in view and use it only when absolutely needed

Of course with that many AI they aren't reacting as fast as they should, but one problem at a time :)

:cool: Never thought i would hear this.. at least for A2

i'm going to test this once I can get my jaw up off the keyboard

if its true, i'll probably get back into the MP scene again!

Thanks again to BIS for all this work on the new interpol..

you guys live up to the hype

There´s still something wrong with objects ingame:

in one map all vehicles were floating 10 meters in the air, in another all tables and laptops and stuff...

(all in MP)

a lot of dead unit were still on their foot, inanimate. they disappear like corps after a while. critical bug

repro is not so easy. because i was playing warfar benny 2.0.70

Edited by gL33k

Well this is a "highly experimental" beta after all so there's got to be something wrong as revealing and fixing it is what it's for)

Had 2 issues last night after some hours of MP:

- Sometimes the gameplay freezes/locks for 5 seconds and then it resumed

- Got 3 of this "freezes" at total, but in the last one the game crashed showing that "AO PMC Stoped Working..." window box

But the ai infantary movement is really more smooth this time, but not the airplanes

I experienced another bug, structures placed with the warfare build menu (mission is Benny's Warfare 2.070 final, running on the XR server) are not turned properly, they are all pointing north:

this is with this beta (and a few before it):

76w8ebei.jpg

and this is how it is supposed to be (with 1.59.79384):

2vwd7shd.jpg

It is not just a cosmetic problem because I am able to walk through the gaps (which renders the walls useless for defense purposes) and my vehicles are spawning at the side where I see the container, but for other people they spawn at the side where they see the container. Totally confusing. Would really like to see this fixed.

I experienced another bug, structures placed with the warfare build menu (mission is Benny's Warfare 2.070 final, running on the XR server) are not turned properly, they are all pointing north:

It is not just a cosmetic problem because I am able to walk through the gaps (which renders the walls useless for defense purposes) and my vehicles are spawning at the side where I see the container, but for other people they spawn at the side where they see the container. Totally confusing. Would really like to see this fixed.

Might be related to http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24368#change-108788

oh ok, I was just about to make a ticket on the CIT, but if it is a known issue then nevermind.

setDir and setPos are broken right now, that's why the funny stuff happens.

I made a repro mission which uses setDir with hardcoded values in

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24368

but setDir works there.

The buildings in Warfare BE might point north because you did not turn them before placement. :P

No, joke aside, you're comparing two pre-built infrastructures and I doubt you built a full base twice in different game versions to show that setDir isn't working, so this must be savegame related.

This means the direction of buildings isn't saved or loaded anymore.

Furthermore it could also mean that the savegame isn't compatible to the later beta anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

a lot of dead unit were still on their foot, inanimate. they disappear like corps after a while. critical bug

repro is not so easy. because i was playing warfar benny 2.0.70

I think that happens when you mix different beta builds server- and client-side or even a server with 1.59 final and beta clients.

Non-local objects (in MP game) are moving jerky.

This BUG have 3 parts:

1. BUG "non-driver passenger" ... NOT FIXED

2. BUG "observer outside vehicles" ... FIXED ... "[84464] Improved: MP: Remote units should move a lot smoother."

3. BUG "stop jump" ... APPEARED AGAIN ... "[84285] Fixed: MP: Remote units jumping back when stopping"

Other informations and VIDEOS of those BUGS are here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24252 .

No, joke aside, you're comparing two pre-built infrastructures and I doubt you built a full base twice in different game versions to show that setDir isn't working, so this must be savegame related.
No, this was the same live MP game, just in one picture I looked at it directly (from a tower) and in the other screenshot someone used the unit camera feature on me to see what I was looking at (good way to get the same viewing angle), so it is the same area at basically the same time.

And the structures were all placed manually by the commander in game (yes he took his time^^), nothing pre-fabricated. In the build menu you can choose single factories, statics or wall parts, and you can rotate them before placing them. As you can see in the second screenshot, he did that, just the new beta doesn't recognise it, so that the wall parts don't form a closed wall.

But in the ticket that Sickboy posted above Suma says that he has fixed the issue already. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that these problems are gone with the next beta.

Edited by Brainbug