Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 84467

gee i wonder why all these mp fixes are coming all of a sudden :rolleyes:

Strange problem with this one:

Start Cipher-CO 10 and have one client connect, taking up spot #8. Cipher is a bit peculiar in that all units start in the same spot, with some of them moved into a helicopter, and the rest moved to another starting location and the teams split.

With the new beta, the team that is normally moved to the other starting location remains at the original point (where they have been placed in the editor). It used to work with the previous beta

Can anyone confirm this ?

I'll try to come up with a repro, but this is probably not going to be easy to reproduce.

[84464] Improved: MP: Remote units should move a lot smoother.

Ok I am totally pwned. I bow before you after reading the above.

hmm. not sure, but looks like setDir is broken in this build. anyone seeing this too? everything keeps being aligned straight north.

Edited by thhamm

Just played a game of domination. The only thing I can say is....WOW. This is for me the very first time I could enjoy multiplayer in arma :D BIS you are awesome!

After seeing that youtube movie it seems to be much better now :)!

but if you look at 1 min some units still stop and move if you look very closely. Is this because they try and stay in formation?

WOW!!! Testing now in a MP Domination server and again WOW!! Ai warping is gone for me :))))

WOW!!! Testing now in a MP Domination server and again WOW!! Ai warping is gone for me :))))

Shut your a##!!!!!!!!! Really? Can someone please call an ambulance and hand me that bottle of Whisky!

I can confirm. I just played at a warfare server that was running on 15 FPS - AI and other players barely!!! warped around, mostly they were fluidly moving through the landscape.

I joined a COOP server - 20players and ca 60 AI, no warping.

There is still an issue though that when the units STOP the interpolated model goes too far and then gets "reset" to the stopped unit's location.

There is still an issue though that when the units STOP the interpolated model goes too far and then gets "reset" to the stopped unit's location.

Wasn't that one considered fixed in one of the recent betas? I believe that was your ticket, wasn't it?

So does the server need to be running the beta or just the client for MP interpolation to work?

So does the server need to be running the beta or just the client for MP interpolation to work?

That's what I would have thought, but according to those above ^ it doesn't...or there are already severs running the Beta?

Edited by -=seany=-

Seems like it doesn't...I guess it's just client-side calculation of where other clients are via the server, so probably just the client needs it. I'll be giving this a shot ASAP.

Wasn't that one considered fixed in one of the recent betas? I believe that was your ticket, wasn't it?

Nope, I did not do any tickets on that. :-/

Holy warp. First ever I could play online A2 and not feel the utter immersion breaking warping, at least with bots that were about 300-400m away;

There wasn't any PvP action going on so I could not test with humans. Could someone confirm that human players are neither warping anymore?

There will be no testing of this beta with Warfare servers. Initial spawning is bugged with game breaking consequences.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24368

That's about the same thing we saw with Cipher, people not spawning/being setPos'ed where they should be.

I would be glad if you could confirm/update the CIT ticket or link it to a similar ticket regarding Cipher.

I would be glad if you could confirm/update the CIT ticket or link it to a similar ticket regarding Cipher.

Just did