Sign in to follow this  
suma

Patch 1.60 - The Good News and The Bad News

Let's BI make it MMO and call it World of Warfare and see how much they sell.

A new genre MWO - Massive Warfare Online.

hopefully the pvp will be fixed to not only the ai, i mean who needs ai..

All those who play offline, which judging buy the amount of people on the servers, are the vast majority.

Except, not shitty. ;)

Good thing you're indicating that you're being sarcastic.

Thanks for the update, great news!

I say, take whatever time you need to make it as good as you can, rushed releases usually fail...

/KC

All those who play offline, which judging buy the amount of people on the servers, are the vast majority.

Indeed most of the ppl seem to be shooting bots which is completely understandable cos the online experience is not that great with all the warping. Now that PR is out most of the top servers in the server list at EU prime time are luckily PvP action. I can imagine that if 1.60 fixes the warping that there will be even more PR servers ruling the server list and ofc more vA2 with whatnot mods running PvP as well. Which is a good thing, for A2.

I don't think it matters how much the online experience improves. You will always have those that either have shitty connections, or just don't want to interact with other people while gaming. Online and offline are seperate groups.

Estimating with Stetson-Harrison method I would say that offline and online groups are not separate completely. So far I've been mostly playing SP stuff cos the MP experience is horrible (warping). I bet there will be a lot of new players flowing to MP when it will more playable. Pr does it mp side excellently, no more struggling with million different addons and mods. Just one mod and it handles all. The A2's strength of moddability is also its weakness. It is a pretty big struggle to get in to MP game with all the different mods every server runs with.

Good to hear that BIS don't give up and move with flankspeed to A3. :)

@Atkins sure with better mp browser and players who are able to read+ask+understand anything goes. Sometimes (or was it 90% of the time?) its PEBCAK. ;)

Edited by NoRailgunner
:P

This is how it has to be done! :) If it's not ready, delay it a bit.

Good news all in all, thanks, Suma!

Wait the bad news is that BIS are polishing the patch? Bring on more refinement.

-k

Granted offline and online groups are not completely separate. I enjoy both. I do think that estimating with the Stetson-Harrison method is superior to common projection. I'd hate to see Arma2 go the same way as so many other games that completely neglected the SP side of the game, to the point of unplayable, to cater for a very vocal MP faction (*cough* Il-2 *cough*). SP does have a life of it's own. If you doubt my words, just read the "User mission requests" thread.

Edited by Morbid_DK
typos

A lot of people play coop since AI knows about teamwork more than an average player on a public server and can do more than an average player on a public server - like driving convoys, guarding villages and patrolling.

Good to hear that BIS don't give up and move with flankspeed to A3. :)

You should expect, that all these engine fixes (or repro cases) will flow into A3, where applicable.

I understand PhysX will make things a lot different, but the basic netcode and AI will probably be ported and adapted, so it does make sense to refine those in a final product like A2/OA, opposed to a pre-alpha stage product.

Thank you Bohemia guys, i can wait even for years if the matters are improvements and stability, thank you very much for your hard work, you' re the best developer and the most serious one in all of the videogaming world, others developers are falling very down right now, expecially in the most selled and popular titles, but you bohemia you're a quality and warranty certificate.

Great news. Look forward to this :)

Will this patch affect dedicated server settings, such as 'MinErrorToSend' value or are they not related in any way? It would be nice if detailed info can be posted in Dev Blogs when it is released, explaining what was changed and how it all works, so server admins can better understand the relationship between all these age-old problems and ensure their servers are tweaked to perfection.

Thanks a lot, it's a good news anyway. Even if we have to wait until we get our hands on.

Excellent news. Managed to dislocate both my shoulders on holiday, so I don't mind the delay as PC gaming (and working) is off the cards until October sometime!

I am missing playing Arma, and testing all those betas, but look forward to the fact that 1.6 will be great.

Carry on interpolating boys!

Glad the warping thing is being looked at :) Can we expect anything new aswell, maby some stuff from TKOH? Fastroping would be great...

Glad the warping thing is being looked at :) Can we expect anything new aswell, maby some stuff from TKOH? Fastroping would be great...
If you want stuff from TKOH, buy TKOH :) (and perhaps ArmA 3) Edited by Sickboy

I know what I would like to have: Object View Distance slider. But somehow I think that the Devs are not Fans of this Idea...