Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

New ARMA3.com website with new Intel

Hint: Space is lovely this time of year.

You have to look in the forums.

As far as I can tell you're all excited that USEC is closing it's FSX branch? Or else you're excited about something in a private forum, in which case no one cares. :)

Only gripe I have with site is this annoying thing called "Age Verification". What purpose does this even have? By listing the answers people give there, how many are not born on a 1st of January?

That's an affliction that has spread to all American game sites. Is it less common in Europe?

That's an affliction that has spread to all American game sites. Is it less common in Europe?

You sure you don't mean "from"? :p Spreading into Europe? I've only seen it before at Bethesda Game Studios (and their similar company sites), which is US based. I'm now so annoyed with them I just close the page rather than choose a year (except the forum). And yes, I get annoyed very easily. :o

Hell, even adult sites manage to make shit like that less annoying with one click verification rather than seven clicks (or three for those who just change the year - not possible in all designs).

It doesn't look so much removed as much as adjusted to field of viewso that it doesn't blind you when at the corner of the screen but rather when looking more directly at it.

So my worries were true

BIS indeed cut out the blinding sun

Why?!

Why indeed! It may have been annoying, but it was realistic. :(

Edited by b00ce

It looks like it only affects the sky colour around it - nothing else.

You can see the same in earlier videos except I was thinking that was due to a sun being obscured by clouds more or less.

Together with magical rangefinders inside optics - looks like I'm in for a disappointment

Why indeed! It ma have been annoying, but it was realistic. :(

Most of all it was tactical. Especially in PvP people wanted "improved". The "sun direction" was less prone to attack. Or that's what defenders thought - depending on how cunning and risky the attacker was.

Edited by metalcraze

Maybe the clouds are affecting it? I like the blinding effect, it adds immersion.

Could a dev comment on this?

I didn't see any clouds over the sun.

Edit:

Untitled.jpg

Edited by b00ce

It's occluded by your gun's magazine count display. Duh. :P That's why it's not blinding.

You know he could have certain settings turned down that kills the blinding sun, much like some ArmA2 addons do. That or they simply do not have it implemented yet in that particular demo.

You know he could have certain settings turned down that kills the blinding sun, much like some ArmA2 addons do. That or they simply do not have it implemented yet in that particular demo.

Yeah true, for a moment there I forgot the game is in pre-alpha :p

one thing that got
in my head

I heard the word demo"something"? :confused:

Probably just a demo of their playing with land vehicles + PhysX, a video if you wish.

Yeah he's just saying that they'll have working demonstrations of vehicle physics (with actual weight, not lofty like the earlier videos) in future videos.