Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

New ARMA3.com website with new Intel

The layout and presentation of the new site is very nice. The content for those of us that have been keeping more than a passing eye on A3 is, of course, nothing new. :)

The fact that they have made A3 look like little more than a simple player-centric spray and pray FPS, should attract more interest from outside the fan-base though.

Website looks great guys, just a few English language mistakes to point out, I'm not trying to be critical in anyway, just trying to help.

Intel/Factions

A large number of armed petty criminals is are suspected to be present on the island
I stand corrected- this one is perfect.

Intel/Armory

â– Last but not least: embark on a Swimmer Deliver Vehicle and infiltrate the seeming seemingly impenetrable defences under the surface of Mediterranean.

â– SDV provides not just the transportat transportation, but also a powerful observation periscope.

â– Also, a[i know I'm being quite picky here] variety of civilian ships in varying condition may be found along the inhabited coastline of Limnos.
â– Unmanned Ground Vehicles are frequent inhabitants of the modern battlefield
â– You will be equipped by with [makes more sense in my opinion] the state-of-the-art weapons technology, ergonomic load-bearing equipment and the most advanced protective gear.

â– Prepare to operate a wide range of personal weapons: pistols, ultramodern assault and sniper rifles, machineguns, missile launchers and even some experimental weapons.

Intel/Limnos

the first incidents of armed resistance against the New Greece government and Iranian troops was were [plural] recorded
The majority of the island is in the hands of hostile forces
[Again I am being quite picky there]

Those are all of the mistakes I noticed. Again I'm just trying to help with developement, not whine or be irritating :D.

BTW the game looks like it's coming along very nicely, can't wait.

Edited by SW1

Website looks great guys, just a few English language mistakes to point out, I'm not trying to be critical in anyway, just trying to help.

Intel/Factions

A large number of armed petty criminals is are suspected to be present on the island

Your first correction is wrong. The verb is modifies the noun number. That one, my friend, is actually correct.

Edited by antoineflemming

Your first correction is wrong. The verb is modifies the noun number. That one, my friend, is actually correct.
:o Opps I wasn't sure about that one, I'll strike it off the list :D.

i'm sure you can code better CMS than Wordpress and Joomla is, right? :)

Dwarden, nothing selfmate, olny comerce, im understand, but if needed, we can create a very good site focused on resource needs and adapted to higher loads, WP have more a lot of needless, because of this it is very slow compared with the specially developed projects dyal specific conditions and requirements ...

And remember, WP - eazy to hack, tested on a personal and hard way of many researches of code... All freeware CMS's have holes to enter and to exit, smoke code and you see this!

You're great programmers, and for you write a good site (code) does not cost anything, but judging by how quickly BI's are doing patches for Arma 2 OA, I begin to think about BI's quite differently. Stop lazy! :confused:

Sniperwolf572

Yes WP and Joo, good for small blogs & corporate sites(I-shops) and less amount of visitors...

Let's see, you'll have big problems with the WP in the future

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

And where other languages?! WTF!

They also have tanks, APC's/IFV's, armoured recon cars, boats, self propeled howitzerz, helicopters...

I'd say they are even.

Will we have Medics and Crewmen and Pilots and Snipers and Officers or just one generic "spec ops" guy that can dress up in various accessories?

I don't care about balance in the campaign, I care about continuing to have a simulator where we can play out different scenarios with different included units. Sure the community will come out with units eventually, but if A3 is so scare with units because of the storyline that will be a big negative.

I just don't want it to be like buying a "Emergency Responders" LEGO set that came with police cars and ambulances and firetrucks but only SWAT figures.

Love the wallpapers and avatars, the clean menu switching is great to.

Also love the new gun and explosion sounds in the gameplay video ;)

Edited by DanielV

I feel the same, Kylania.

I really don't want the whole BLUFOR to be just a bunch of (universal) specops and judging by the lore BLUFOR may be just that.

I feel the same, Kylania.

I really don't want the whole BLUFOR to be just a bunch of (universal) specops and judging by the lore BLUFOR may be just that.

The NATO faction info only mentioned special ops and intelligence personnel, yet we have numerous photos with the vehicles types I mentioned above, plus photos with NATO crewman and NATO pilots.

I'm sure we will get medics, officers and snipers as well.

It's just a piece of info on a unfinished website of a game that's in pre-alpha stage, that is there more for the new folks than for us forum dwellers :)

Let's not let doubt creep between our ranks ;)

The NATO faction info only mentioned special ops and intelligence personnel, yet we have numerous photos with the vehicles types I mentioned above, plus photos with NATO crewman and NATO pilots.

I'm sure we will get medics, officers and snipers as well.

It's just a piece of info on a unfinished website of a game that's in pre-alpha stage, that is there more for the new folks than for us forum dwellers :)

Let's not let doubt creep between our ranks ;)

And to the fact when you start you are on your own. I dont think BIS would spoil the story from their own game by writing this.

"But later there will come lots of nato forces doing a full frontal assault on Limnos"

Or something.

I´m totally interested in the 27th MEUs valiant stand against the Iranians on Limnos. Or the battle of Brno. Can we get maps? Maybe even missions (A full battle is really just a lot of smaller ops being carried out simultaneously)?

As for the Nato forces, I think the lore only relates to the assets you´ll have available during the campaign. The toybox on the whole will likely be more complete.

Will we have Medics and Crewmen and Pilots and Snipers and Officers or just one generic "spec ops" guy that can dress up in various accessories?

I don't care about balance in the campaign, I care about continuing to have a simulator where we can play out different scenarios with different included units. Sure the community will come out with units eventually, but if A3 is so scare with units because of the storyline that will be a big negative.

I just don't want it to be like buying a "Emergency Responders" LEGO set that came with police cars and ambulances and firetrucks but only SWAT figures.

If that was the case (the campaign), following your logic, A2 would have only a the a few specops on the bluefor side, because all the camp is based on those..

I really don't understand the issues...

Nice new site, works on my crappy mobile too. I can't believe how good the detail is on the Astute class model. Looking forward to more video.

Only gripe I have with site is this annoying thing called "Age Verification". What purpose does this even have? By listing the answers people give there, how many are not born on a 1st of January?

Only gripe I have with site is this annoying thing called "Age Verification". What purpose does this even have? By listing the answers people give there, how many are not born on a 1st of January?

It is mandatory for this sort of content...keeps BIS safe and legal...it's not the first nor the last age verification where its results shows everybody being born on the 1st of January

Website is looking awesome :D

One thing I personally think though, is that the edges of the screen could be utilised a bit more effectively. It seems all the information is crammed in the center of the page but the outsides of the page are left dark and empty.

Just my contribution :)

Damn, I waited 8 days for this site and then you don't let me enter that, because I'm not over 35. That's really bad joke......really bad :(

what the site is missing atm is the minimum/recommneded requiremnets that were previously posted. It might be for marketing reasons that those were removed, but at least the os (dx10 capable) would be needed in my mind ;)

The site looks nice, but I recieved better news at USEC that I saw just this morning. I'm afraid it owned this news. :)

The site looks nice, but I recieved better news at USEC that I saw just this morning. I'm afraid it owned this news. :)

What was this news?

What was this news?

See his signature *hint it's in the spoiler*, but it's nothing interesting unless you're part of the USEC group i guess cause I saw nothing of particular importance.

Anywho on topic, I'm lookin forward to the Armory section to start filling out with the lists of the actual weapons and vehicles. I suppose the Gear Up section will be similar.

Edited by Steakslim