Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

New ARMA3.com website with new Intel

I'm liking it, but I'm a fanboy so that's a given :) But, it's a good place to centralise all release info and media. Now I don't need to scour the various nooks & crannies to find stuff :)

Prepare to operate wide range of personal weapons: pistols, ultramodern assault and sniper rifles, machineguns, missile launchers and even some experimental weapons.

I wonder why nobody has whined about that yet :)

I wonder why nobody has whined about that yet :)

this forums section is fuuuull of whining about that...

The site looks good, it need atleast one new video with ingame footage though :D

Looks good. Clean and to the point. I'm still waiting on the other videos though ;)

I was hoping for more detailed and which types weapons are ingame and some newer video showing some towing feature or something new - in style of VBS2 videos :p

Only deep reconnaissance, special operations and field intelligence services personnel may be encountered in the area of operation.

Support for your mission is scarcely limited.

Does this mean that the BLUFOR units in game will only be spec ops and not a full order of battle? As a game that's fine, but as a simulator limiting the troop types like that (think BAF but more limited) is worrisome.

Does this mean that the BLUFOR units in game will only be spec ops and not a full order of battle? As a game that's fine, but as a simulator limiting the troop types like that (think BAF but more limited) is worrisome.

They also have tanks, APC's/IFV's, armoured recon cars, boats, self propeled howitzerz, helicopters...

I'd say they are even.

:391: Why Wordpress?! BIs cant create a CMS, forgot PHP syntax?! LOLOLO :D:D:D :confused_o: If you need a good cms and web syte tell ... to community!!!

You could advertise competition for the best website design...

Damn :936: Sorry but crap, again and again...

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Delete my post after its developers read

:391: Why Wordpress?! BIs cant create a CMS, forgot PHP syntax?! LOLOLO :D:D:D :confused_o: If you need a good cms and web syte tell ... to community!!!

You could advertise competition for the best website design...

Damn :936: Sorry but crap, again and again...

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Delete my post after its developers read

i'm sure you can code better CMS than Wordpress and Joomla is, right? :)

this forums section is fuuuull of whining about that...

Indeed, we can now have news without having to read all the BS on this forum section.

Thats all relative my friend ;)

I personally really enjoy all the new information i got and get a better picture of the concept and the idea behind the game. :)

Dont give up, you will get your shiny, full HD gameplay. Also keep in mind that some very interesting parts are still "classified" so that has not been all of the show ;)

i'm sure you can code better CMS than Wordpress and Joomla is, right? :)

I won't comment on WordPress as I've never used it, but heard all good things about it. As for Joomla, then I can claim, that yes, I can. Shame that the current stable version of CMS I've helped develop is in my language only, otherwise I'd offer your web guys to try it out. :)

Ontopic:

There seems to be an issue that some people are having with age verification. My real birthdate got accepted OK, but apparently some people are having issues with it. Some reports can be found in this thread.

If you have such issues, might I randomly suggest, clearing out your cookies related to arma3.com as something might have gone wrong there. :)

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Not even a couple of new screen shots? Did we really need a week long, hype building count down for a web site redesign? The site is nice, but everyone who goes on there is just going to look for (expecting) new material, of which there is none.

Ps it's Desalinator not "water de-salter" :p

everyone who goes on there is just going to look for (expecting) new material, of which there is none.

Everyone that is following A3 development. The always welcome newcomers may find some "new" and nice stuff there, like the compilation of many screens that where shattered around the foruns.

the new info its self was mostly worthless, but it did allude to a much more developed and complex history (which i really hope will be given to us in great detail some day!)

the new site ultimately did not live up to the week long count down timer. the site is fine, and will some day have what we want, but the hype that was built up was a let down.

when you tease us with something for a week with anticipation for something new and exciting, but then only give us what we already know and a couple new names, its just a little disappointing

OTOH if BIS will release the rest of parts with Jay Crowe talking ASAP this may ease the disappointment

Some of you are ungrateful little whiners...I love the new site. I keep looking at the stills and drooling...Nice job BIS. I look forward to any and all new intel you plan on releasing in the future.

If only I could hibernate 'til next summer now...