Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 : OA beta build 84391

I just saw this too and it affected Players and server controlled A.I. as well in MP. Looks like this build is not good on 1.59 servers. We need 1.60 as a new base.

We tested this on a hosted game with one connected client, both running 84391, so it is definitely not a version incompatibility.

New: New entry requiredBuild=xxxxx; in server.cfg preventing obsolete clients to connect. Not reliable until 1.60, clients are still able to connect.

Thank you so much 4 this! Really needful...

Improved: animations with hang gun and gear animations.

Can we please get some more details on these.

It would help to confirm these fixes/improvements and to link them to the CIT tickets.

ty

did anyone also get that jerky movement as gunner when you are with a teammate in the same vehicle.

also checkt in the backseats. really jerky view.

greetz

I get that in 1.59 stock so I'm not sure it's really a beta issue. I think it just has to do with the netcode and being jumpy in general. Hopefully better VSI implementation will alleviate this in future betas/1.60+.

I cant believe that the most annoying AI bug ever from ArmA1, stucking AI with pistol, seems to be finally fixed or at least much improved. Biggest thanks! :) I already learnt to live with that but I still remember hours of frustration in ArmA1 while trying to create AI groups focused mission.

Also the performance leaks seems to be gone or much improved. Looks really great so far. :)

Yeah, I had those as well, and without switching to the desktop.

I also noted that animation of players from other clients are slower than normal. You can even see their own footprints overtake them.

I can confirm the same thing. I'd upload pictures, but the video shows it all. Interestingly enough I didn't see this effect playing on a public 1.59 server earlier in the evening.

-k

Thanks for the new beta!

As I sidenote I would like to point out that servers running ACE v1.11 stable (as we do) seem to have problems running anything..probably @CBA not being compatible or something like that..I am still trying to investigate.

No problems when running Vanilla and great fixes!

Known issue for long time.

Vote up here.

http://www.dev-heaven.net/issues/13360

Yeah, I have the same issue in 1.59 stock, so it's not really from the betas. Would be nice to see it fixed, though, as it looks funky when guys "slide" along like that from the animation and movement being desynchronized.

Can we please get some more details on these.

It would help to confirm these fixes/improvements and to link them to the CIT tickets.

ty

It seems as tho this bug was fixed:

Edited by No Use For A Name

Anything that assists servers, the heart of the MP game, is mosted welcomed :)

Good to see the massive beta Patch'es in recent times, but now was time for a NEW Final Patch for OA (or not) ??? ;)

Good to see the massive beta Patch'es in recent times, but now was time for a NEW Final Patch for OA (or not) ??? ;)
Few annoying bugs that still should be fixed as they're new since 1.59

Vote up here.

This one's different.. The animation was about half the speed, as was the movement. I could see the footsteps on the floor overtake the guy, and after a few steps the player would "snap" to the real position.

Vote up here.

I should clarify: I wrote animations, but I meant the actual movement, i.e. as Alwarren wrote, the footsteps overtake the actual soldier making the footsteps. It looked like the soldiers were moonwalking sometimes, but this might have been the same problem as the deformations seen in the video.

Few annoying bugs that still should be fixed as they're new since 1.59

Would it be possible to provide more specifics to which are the outstanding new issues created by the 1.60 beta?

We feel 1.60 is getting closer to completion so it is important to ensure it does not introduce new issues as side effect of all the new fixes and improvements.

(and I really mean new issues that were not present in current official releaser 1.59, at this stage we do not plan to work on such bug fixes any more for 1.60 maybe except one promissing development).

Would it be possible to provide more specifics to which are the outstanding new issues created by the 1.60 beta?

We feel 1.60 is getting closer to completion so it is important to ensure it does not introduce new issues as side effect of all the new fixes and improvements.

(and I really mean new issues that were not present in current official releaser 1.59, at this stage we do not plan to work on such bug fixes any more for 1.60 maybe except one promissing development).

They are on the CIT and discussed with Dwarden / CIT crew.

All of them describe issues introduced in 1.60 beta, compared to 1.59.

It seems like new issues introduced ref visual state interpolation, or perhaps it's related to the bandwidth optimizations for standing/moving units?

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

For some funny effects see

Kju mentions some others below:

Also this is one introduced by 1.60 betas:

> Bug #24296 - Headshots don't register against moving men

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24296

And it would be great to see the AI view block issue fully addressed:

> Not every grass type blocks AI view - model issue?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24177

Edited by Dwarden

i seriously don't like the new interpolation stuff. soldiers warp back every seconds even with 40+ fps server and low bandwith (on LAN).

it maybe has something to do with my personal basic.cfg settings, wich are :

MinBandwidth=320000;

MaxBandwidth=10000000;

MaxMsgSend=256;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

MinErrorToSend=0.0049999999;

MaxCustomFileSize=1600000;

i seriously don't like the new interpolation stuff. soldiers warp back every seconds even with 40+ fps server and low bandwith (on LAN).

it maybe has something to do with my personal basic.cfg settings, wich are :

See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23555 and related tickets. Interpolation is supposedly disabled in MP still, so you might experience good old http://dev-heaven.net/issues/1915

etc. Or new bugs, I suppose you are at least on the latest beta build on both server and clients.