Sign in to follow this  
puzzola

AI don't do anithingh - a solution?

Hi, I tought about a solution for the bug that stops the AI crouched and with pistols in hands when you load a mission.

The only thing that free them is the conversation menu (targets, weather...)

But to do so, you must go in front of the AI and sometime it doesn't appear.

Can we create a radio trigger (for debug) to salute an AI in another part of the map? Or create an object that teleport and go to salute the AI?

Let me know your ideas or ather solution if you have. :confused:

Are you using BETA patch? If yes, update to latest version as this was an issue some versions back.

If "no" then; are you running any scripts?

Have you given them wayponts etc?

Are you using BETA patch? If yes, update to latest version as this was an issue some versions back.

If "no" then; are you running any scripts?

Have you given them wayponts etc?

I'm running Arma2 DVD standalone patched to 1.09.

In the mission I have many waypoints and some script, but they stop even in moments uneffected by that.

The problem occurs when i load a saved game or if I switch unit.

Any unit you Teamswitch into an then out of.... goes brain dead. The unit will have to be ordered to do something again before it will do anything. Not an ideal way for things to work... but that's how it seems to be.

Don't know anything about loading saved games.....but the behaviour after loading is probably something similar to the Teamswitch problem.

Any unit you Teamswitch into an then out of.... goes brain dead. The unit will have to be ordered to do something again before it will do anything. Not an ideal way for things to work... but that's how it seems to be.

Don't know anything about loading saved games.....but the behaviour after loading is probably something similar to the Teamswitch problem.

That is a problem too, they don't seek waypoints for example.

But the case I presented are AI thet are stuck and refuse to move with pistol in their hands (no innuendo :p).

They unlock only if greeted.

Have we a way to greet them at distance and for sure?

1.09 is an outdated patch btw.

There's only 1.10 more recent.

And AFAIK introduce only compatibility with Arma Free.

Edit: I saw the changelog, there'are some other stuff, but not the one in object, may I will upgrade a day, but I spent enough time yet for having 1.09 working.

Edited by puzzola