Sign in to follow this  
ozzyt109

Airfield Support Package

Wow its been a while. quick update on my progress.

Version 2.1

New Features.

- los based recce (got all of them working in a seperate test, just need to implement)

- A10 strafe (works with any stock jet and most addons)

- reworked medevac (more real based of extracting rather than fixing insitu)

US army, Takistan Army versions. (hopefully)

I plan on releasing this weekend I know I have said that a few times now but I had recently lost faith inthe game after a load of dead ends. however Arma 3 is awesome and I want to start implementing where possible. As such after this weekend I am going to start trying merging and will only release minor hotfixes to the Arma 2 version.

With this change of track I hope to correct issues faster than I have currently and thank you all for the support provided.

Anyway Im off climbing wish me luck for a weekend release

Version 2.1 on Front page. no opfor yet. US is done

Hi guys.

I need to change artilhery vehicles. It's possible?? For example change MRLS to S-213 (Project RACS).

Thx for this very good script!

yes you can jjust change teh vehicle however, you will have to go into the scripts and change the ammo type given to the mlrs before fireing to a compatable ammuntion.

Excellent set of scripts, top notch work.

Having trouble using them in the fallujah map though.

Initially tried a mission merge, but none of the units appeared on the map. Resorted to copy/pasting everything and checking the names etc. all copied across correctly.

When previewing the mission, the dialogues pop up fine and the squad menu works as intended, however none of the support options work. I get their dialogue come up, but don't get the radio chatter about tasks.

None of the base AI want to get on with their intended jobs =[

Any ideas?

there are quite a few hidden marker in the extreme top left corner. the support scripts use quite a few of these. have they been copied across. i have the fallujah map will try at home

Yeah, spotted the markers - thanks for the heads up on those.

Menus now working as intended, but grid references appear to be off for fallujah. x coords are reporting correctly, but y coords are out quite significantly too far north. Needless to say this was a pain in the arse during an extraction -.-

EDIT - yeah, confirmed the y coord error. Need to add 500m to the y coords for your dialogues because (0,0) is not bottom left corner of the fallujah map.

Edited by TurokGMT

Great work Ozzy, excellent and tight up mission framework.

I've been playing around a little bit and I want to check different issues I have; (using ACE, OA 1.62 and CBA 1.0.0.8, no beta)

ARTILLERY

Artillery works great and I love the communication and delay within orders and coords. The adjust fire, after calling artillery and exit the "notepad", you have to put the coords again; my question is why not adjusting directly the coords without drop or add?. Seems that the artillery forget the coords, the marker is gone. Is possible that the last coords used in the notepad remains? or maybe the artillery remember the last call.

CAS

1) I'm having issues with the Fast CAS (A-10), the bombs depending the approach vector and the location (I guess the altitude)

are offset within 100 - 500 meters. If there is something I can suggest, is that the A-10 wait for "target destroy"

confirmation. And the strafe is not working for me, only one time I get the A10 shoots a few rounds.

2) The Attack Helicopter not engage when arrive the zone; I check the script (AHTGT.sqf) and in the waypoint 1 the AI is

disable and Waypoint 2 remain disable. If its put EnableAI the chopper engage but against armour, light or heavy vehicles,

doesn't stand too long before goes down.

LOGISTIC

The logistic work great;

The drop of vehicles from the C130 is not precise but is not supposed to be. The drop of ammo works, the engineer arrives. Also the convoy.

TRANSPORT MEDEVAC

1)The medevac is confusing me (I'm playing with it to understand); in auto the Medic get out (sometimes the Chopper has a collision with trees or structures and loose control or drop the medic team too high with injures).

In Smoke mod, the medic team won't get out, when has the green confirmation, land, and when the injured is ordered to get in the heli, the heli dust off and land right in wheres the smoke was and is very unstable e to get in; and in FLIR the chopper wait for the FLIR and when is confirmed fly ahead 300 meters and wait in the air.

2) The transport works well, the heli comes, team up and RTB. It's for pick up only purpose? From A to B? if player is inside and send in auto to xy (no smoke or IR because the player is inside the chopper) the heli don't land.

If a can suggest in Medivac AUTO, the chopper after leaving the team stand in hover around 50 mts; If the chopper fly

around circle and cover the medic team, it's possible? I've been watching NatGeo Inside Combat and the standard op is that one chopper land and the other circle the area y provide cover.

And if theres a member seriously injured is evacuated and applies the "removeteamMember".

INTEL

I look up the script and i get lost.

I tweak the sqf that makes the helis move in FULL speed, and in combat mode Green (medivac) or Red (Attack Heli)

Final Suggestion

The menu can be draggable and have the option on click and unclick the different actions (like mortar, guns, mlrs; sometimes the mortar are out of range and you have to get out and enter again, and put the coord again).

The markers after calling base in some case appears and other don't.

Is an excellent group of scripts. I'm looking forward for this addon.

Cheers

Edited by mrnchvs

cheers. i'll start looking into them.

with the markers my intention was to have them all hidden however some older scripts still referenece markers.

i'll have a play and see what i can do.