Version: 2.1

Download link

http://www.2shared.com/file/0XdRs8le/Airfield_Support_v21.html

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15157

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/arma2oa2011082017390193.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/arma2oa2011082017385721.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/8/arma2oa2011090710342124.jpg/

Brief

This script pack adds multiple support features for the player to use.

the features include:

-Helicopter Transport

-Helicopter Gunships

-CAS(autonomus/JDAM/Strafe)

-Medevac (actual extraction)

-Supply convoy

-Ammo Drop

-Vehicle Drop

-Engineer Support

-Artillery

-Recce's

it also add some squad commands

-Assault Position

-HC assemble/disassemble CSW's

-Assault house

-Clear Compound

Change log

added cas strafe

fixed compound clearance

modified vehicle drops

recce based of LOS

Actual extraction in CASEVAC

added dialogs

added spawn mode

added house assault

added compound clearing

organised folder

bug fixes

Installation

merge the mission with your own and copy the scripts across

SPAWN MODE

in the editor there will be a logic called jetspawn. set the first variable to true to enable spawn mode if there are no other jets.

How To

use the communication menu(0-8) to access the features

this will open a dialog box, input the required grid (8 figure grid refence), for transport and medevac choose landing type remember green smoke to land red to abort. I tried to make the dialog easy to use.

most of the squad command is mapclick / cursor point.

assault position is have the croshairs over a position then execute the command (0-8-2-1) this will initiate the assault, recommend puttion the selected units at the end into engage at will.

assault house is the same as assault position however you need to have the assaulting party selected before issuing command.

compound clearing is simlar to assault house

- select assault team

- send order

- map click center of compound

- action menu stack up behind me ( gets every one immediately behind you)

- entry point (red or green) red if member of assault team has satchel charge green if not. point croshairs and entry point and then send action

- breach and clear, send it wait 5 seconds and blow the wall if red, enter the compound via enrty point.

- clear house, point at house and select

- all clear removes all actions

special note

the extraction of crew is autonomus just meet up with the crew and use the action request extraction to send a extraction helicopter

I'm not Brilliant at describing what the process is as it has evolved to my requirements so if you have any issues with things not working as they should let me know on the BI forums thread and I will resolve ASAP

Issues

stobe landing not fully tested

Thanks to

[GLT]Myke

Das Attorney

Kylania

Draper

Mandoble

Morten for his dialog tool

SAoK for LOS Scripts

many others for insperation and example scripts that I learned how to use commands from

Edited by ozzyt109
UPDATE

Issues

some script errors

As I also have a similar system I've been working on I thought I'd take a look and noticed my .RPT file was flooded with errors, as well as calls not completing.

Good attempt though, looking forward to improved versions in the future.

None of the choppers want to land even after smoke is thrown.

take a look and noticed my .RPT file was flooded with errors, as well as calls not completing.

yeah need to tidy up the code to stop this just wanted to get it out for use

None of the choppers want to land even after smoke is thrown.

are you throwing the correct smoke (green) sorry forgot to mention on the orig release, had a large readme detailing all the features and how to use that got lost on my computer

I downloaded this and merged it onto a domination map I was working on. Copied the scripts folder over into my map, have all the assets on the map but dont have an anything available when I press 0 then go to communication. Any thoughts. It's obviously operator error on my end since every else is working. :-P

I downloaded this and merged it onto a domination map I was working on. Copied the scripts folder over into my map, have all the assets on the map but dont have an anything available when I press 0 then go to communication. Any thoughts. It's obviously operator error on my end since every else is working. :-P

yeah, I noticed this when I recently merged it with a warfare mission.

in the AirSupinit.sqf (from memory) put in a sleep 30; at the start to allow for the domination scripts to load, that worked for me, let me know how it goes

In the airfield_support mission folder, in the init.sqf (The only one I could fine close to what you said), It only had one line. It now says

sleep 30;

execVM "scripts\supinit.sqf";

Assuming I did that correctly, it still wasn't working.

Edit: Bring up radio, then communications (8), and then it's just blank.

ok i'll try merging it with a domination on my end and tell you how i get it to work. as a side note not sure how it would work multiplayer, as its not been tested as such

I figured it might not, but I figured I'd give it a try. Now to find something like this for Chern :)

i can transfer it across to chern if you want, planning on making a taki, chern, and zarg versions for east and west

Hey Ozzyt109!

I hope You're still out there.

Your Airfield Support Suite was a god-send until i ran into a curious case of the Artillery Batteries firing on their own.

I send a lenghty description in a PM.

I could use your help.

Good stuff anyway.

>S!

hi guys

as mentioned in a PM to Dondaddah new version coming soon. just need to test it to make sure the ai isnt stupid flying near enemys. thank god for disable FSM. not sure on an eta but it will include dialogs, mock house clearance and possible jet/heli spawning (for smaller maps)

Ozzy, can you include all files in a single folder, I mean, instead of having the 'arty', 'commands' and 'scripts' folders, can you put them inside a single one? So we can organize each script in the missions.

Thanks for your efforts!

hey this is good stuff, i was wondering if it is possible to use your Rescue side mission separately with other aircraft in my mission

Hi guys, just an update here, i hope to put the new version up tomorrow along with a demo mission to demonstrate all the features, i just need to run through it myself once more to ensure minimal bugs.

added features include:

-Dialog control (start practicing getting grid references quickly)

- better more realistic vehicle drops

- clear building

- breach and clear compound

- spawnable jets as an option for maps without airports

jsc yes you can use it, the scripts you need are damage.sqf and extract.sqf see the triggers near the hangers to see how to set it all going, as a note it may not work well with jets as the marker is created at the point of damage so the helo/jet will continue to fly till it hits the ground, i like it this way as its last known contact with the aircraft and relies on an actual search.

UPDATE

not going to release today discoverd major bugs in jdam system when spawning jets, need to work on it.

Edited by ozzyt109
additional info

Update released see first post for details.

Enjoy and let me know if anything doesnt work

Ta

Ozzyt109

hi guys

as mentioned in a PM to Dondaddah new version coming soon...

Loving version 2.0

THANK YOU!

You are Appreciated!

Sorry I am confused on the Grid Coord? I use the GPS and it interprets the number as another location? If GPS is 054117 what do you put in for x and y?

x would be 0540 y would be 1170, ( ive used 8 figure grid references as they are more accurate)

ah that would explain it! I will give that a try, does this work in MP on a Dedi Server?

unfortunately it doesnt work mp as it refers to player alot, future updates will fix this