Sign in to follow this  
icebone

COOP 08 The Hunt For Colonel Aziz, Nagara, Takistan

Task:

Locate Colonel Aziz at Nagara, Takistan and eliminate him!

hunt_for_colonel_aziz.jpg

The basic principle of the mission is similar to one of my older OFP Resistance missions, called "Kvilda Naval Base". It took place on Nogova years ago.

Scope:

• start at Loy Manara Airfield by helicopter;
  • rendezvous with Colonel Aziz and his 2 assistant ladies at Nagara and eliminate him;
  • afterwards return to Loy Manara Airfield or make your way to the extraction point NW of Nagara.

This mission offers a high replay value due to some randomness and dynamic features, implemented for the ai units:

• random locations of Colonel Aziz at Nagara;
  • random locations of hostile outposts;
  • random waypoints of patrols;
  • hostile mortar artillery fire;
  • unload of ai units, transported by helicopter to locations selected dynamically;
  • besides the standard bis concept for ai units, to search and engage enemy units within their local area, there is a more global "hunting" concept implemented. It is based on the knowsAbout function and starts working, as soon as some ai units know the position of some players ...

So keep stealth for as long as possible. :)

Mission download, teaser video and more information is available at: www.where2link.com/IceBone/

Have fun

IceBone :bounce3:

Edited by IceBone_

Hi all,

I updated this mission in the following way:

- The mission is more balanced now and offers 12 player slots. Besides the basic 8 player slot assault team, there are slots available within 2 sniper teams.

- The surrounding of Nagara village is secured by additional hostile outposts :D.

We tried that mission yesterday, seems to be a tough one. We had one big problem though: No radios!

So we couldn't communicate (via ACRE) with the sniper team. It ended in a mess. :o

just played the mission ...

First,i expected at least to see Aziz being protected by the 2 hot girls equipped with MP´s,carefully looking after him - so it "could" end JamesBond style ...

Anyway,gave it a go as DMR sniper and found it a first atmo breaker that the ammo crate doesnt feature a list full of weapons suiting the engagement (no M107,no M110,no MP7D - basically nothing from use for "my" style of gameplay,but a lot of satchels and mines ... ok,no big deal)

Packed 2 charges for the eventually needed Radar objectives to avoid detection and had 4 mags DMR

Proceeeded carefully to a scout point near Nagara,always on the look out on those Radar strongpoints,as a LZ patrol´ed above my head (nice idea)

On scouting,i spotted around 25 soldiers standing in the open field idleing ... kept on scouting and didnt faced a immidiate thread to me,so i fired away on single soldiers down in Nagara to force a reaction - guess what,you can just single snipe nearly anything down there without getting a decent reaction in return ... its just a snipe fiesta that way

Found Aziz then just standing in the open near mid carpark and took him out from about 600m distance - mission accomplished (no message or objective ticks off when u kill him)

Returned to my chopper and headed Homebase,which i m still sitting on cause the end trigger doesnt seem to work :eek:

So,for my taste a nicely setup mission,just lacks a bit of randomness/patrols/enemy reactions

In other words - its a cakewalk!

none of the less,1 thumb up

P.S. where s the damn Kamov that is promised in the entry pic too?

:D

Hi TheScar,

thx 4 your feedback.

It's a cakewalk - do you mean the mission could be accomplished easily?

Then you probably have not copied the additional icebone folder, which includes all scripts for controlling the ai, randomness, patrols and enemy reactions.

Just check the information about the icebone folder and folder structure on my website

About the Kamov:

Randomness determines between a Kamov and a Mi-24 Hind.

IceBone

Hi,

I updated the mission, to make sure, that it only runs in case it is hosted by a dedicated server and in case the IceBone folder is accessible. Otherwise the mission will debrief. This should avoid confusion (like TheScar's experience above) in the future.

There is a 13th player slot for an undercover agent also now, to add additional tactical approaches, to solve the mission. This agent in Takistani local clothing is the ideal unit for reconnaissance tasks and for locating Colonel Aziz at Nagara. He remains undercover as long as he does not behave in a conspicuous way ...

His behavior is checked periodically. This means, that his status will switch from conspicuous to inconspicuous to East and vice versa, in case he acts accordingly.

More information is available at:

www.where2link.com/icebone/missions_for_download.aspx

P.S.:

a second mission called "TEC ePower" is finished. To add more atmosphere to the mission, I am looking for 2 native US English speaking voice actors (accent doesn't matter). :singer::singer:

One is for a chopper pilot and the second is the voice of an radio operator on the USS Khe Sanh aircraft carrier.

If you are interested, then please drop a short note on my website.

hi icebone!

we hunted aziz several times during the past few days and i have to say: this mission is an awesome challenge!

we tried it several times in different ways, but random enemy outposts, enemy extraction by chopper behind us and patrols gave us a lot of headaches. :yikes:

we came in from the mountains in the west, from the airfield in the east and from the north and were surprised of the enemy counter reactions each time!

the agent player is a nice idea by the way. we used hime to place mines at nagara and he helped us a lot. even one time we spotted aziz

thank you for this gr8 dynamic mission. very well done ! :icon_dj:

feedback on TEC EPOWER is on the way ... we already blew up some buildings

:D Ben