Sign in to follow this  
yurapetrov

Seahawk Addon By YuraPetrov

Words...

Make sure you're talking about the same airframe. An AF -60H =/= a Navy -60H, so some of the weapons are going to be different and in different configs. I'm pretty sure the Pavehawks have their guns up forward where as the Seahawks can't do that because they have the Interconnecting Box on both sides, just behind the pilot and co-pilot seats. This drastically changes the gun options, as the GAU .50 cal needs to have enough room which means the door for a Seahawk.

Yura, these look fantastic. Thanks for the release (and continued updates). I'd say leave the windows open as default, as that matches the config they'll be in for TERF and over-land landings.

Yes, I'm aware there's differences between those 60s.

Then why are you asking for a configuration as if it exists in real life? If you have a picture of a Navy -60H with a GAU-16/GAU-21 in the left window, I welcome the correction, but I haven't seen such a configuration in real life or pictures and I'm not even sure how it would fit.

Gatordev, I never said you were wrong. Stop trying to start an argument please. The GAU mounts I'm referring too are generic floorboard mounts that attach to the boards in the cabin. It was a nice-to-have technicality that isn't common as previously stated.

@gatordev

please stop discussing, it is pointless anyway. SpectreRSG had a idea and if Yurapetrov will do it is Yurapetrov's decision, regardless if it's realistic or not. So any further discussion between you both about this stops now.

Great work Yurapetrov!

But I am missing a wheel at the SH-60F Indians and SH-60F Eightballers.

http://imgur.com/1dzeVte <- Eightballers

http://imgur.com/zCeTXkN <- Indians

Is this normal?

Am I missing a file or something?

no, i forgot link the wheel to rear landing gears ;-( It is bug ;-(

By the way, why my addon looks much better on your screens than on my PC?

That is a filter he uses to make that blue look :) i think there is a blue filter module in I44 mod

Lol that was my second guess :p Yura i wouldn't use the mod if i was you... Somehow it fucks with buldozers shaders at least after i used it my buldozer didn't work.

Hey Yura...i download the Sea Hawks and copy-paste the fastrope thing in black hawk...but...still the same problem if on map is Konyo CH-47...all in all...as always great job..and keep it on :D

Hey Yura...i download the Sea Hawks and copy-paste the fastrope thing in black hawk...but...still the same problem if on map is Konyo CH-47...all in all...as always great job..and keep it on :D

Just tested it on my PC. Both choppers made fastroping very well. Try to delete all addon files and replace them again?

p.s. I ported seahawks in Arma 3 just for test, they looks good, hovewer i not going to release A3 version, still want to add working mirrors and FLIR display.

arma3seahawk.jpg

Nice. Can't wait for these in A3.

IMHO because of the A3 engine the texture looks too bluish...They're (HH's) gray for the most part - a standard US Navy gray. As seen here:

Edit: also the HH60s just have the pylons extend over the fuel tank; there is no room on the pylon for missile mounts so they'd need to be shorter by about half.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Yes, as Yura says. Try to delete all addon files and replace them again.

Make sure you have my latest MH-47E version too (v1.3).. & It should work fine :D

Just tested it on my PC. Both choppers made fastroping very well. Try to delete all addon files and replace them again?

Ok...i will do that...i did deleted CH-47 and instal the 1.3v and i will do the same with your addons..

p.s. I ported seahawks in Arma 3 just for test, they looks good, hovewer i not going to release A3 version, still want to add working mirrors and FLIR display.

anddd i am soo happy to hear this...i cant wait to get my hands on those helicopters in A3... :D Youuu are the best!!!

PS. Koyno i love your Ch-47 too...you and Yura have the best addons... i love your work..i hope i will have time one day to learn to make addons like you guys..i realy want that :D

keep it coming i cant thank you enough for that what you do..to make my gameplay better and enjojable :D

I liked SH-60F HS-5 "Nightdippers" paint scheme, i decided to make it. Here a one WIP picture, clickable to get a HI-res image (690 KB):

hs5nightdippers100k.jpg

Hell yeaa :D Nicee one :D i like this paint on tail... :D

Ps. I get working Fast Ropes :D :D :D

Regrads!

Yura, was looking into it further and I still stand by my coloring comment - the bluish is overkill IMHO, these are flat gray HH60s.

Also, the door gunner has a 240 on external mount as seen in this and this photo.

The wing side has a GAU mounted externally seen here.

A few more requests:

Can we get cabin lighting like this?

Can you put on formation lights like on your MH60?

Can you individually package the HH60s (separate the HH60 from the Sh60s)?

Can't. Wait.

Edited by SpectreRSG

i like bluish color on seahawk's and i saw a lot of photos wich has bluish seahawks like those :

http://www.aircav.com/dodphoto/dod04/hh60-039rs.jpg

http://www.armybase.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/an-hh-60h-sea-hawk-helicopter-from-the-tridents-of-helicopter-anti-submarine-squadron-3.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7151/6624253057_fbcfc8c095_z.jpg

But i found a lot of "gray" pictures too like this one:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/3/6/1/0819163.jpg.

As i said i liked more bluish version, i don't know why some choppers are gray and some choppers are bluish. Maybe color faded on the sun? Maybe Navy changed seahawk's color and paint new helicopters in new color? Anyway, i don't want to repaint all my seahawks! It is too much work to repaint all textures. If i will decide to change color, then you color get upcoming MH-60R and MH-60S choppers.

Is my 240 external mount different, than on your photos?

I will think about the cabine lighting. I added the pilot's cabine light to HH-60J Jayhawk and i think it is good.

Yes, i can put formation lights on seahawks ;-)

No, i won't to make the separate package with HH-60H's, because it is a work to edit paths in all rvmat's, textures paths in model and in damage section of config file. And HH-60H's using some common files in SH60 package, like pilot's cabine are the same as in the SH-60F.Troop seats , m240 gun mount, hellfire's pod, external fuel tank, main and tail rotors the same in all seahawk's.

Yeah, I was looking further into it as well, and I think it's just the squadron role that differentiates the blue vs gray.

I can say though that the US Navy's HH60's are all being phased out to be replaced by the MH-60s. EXCEPT for HSC-84 and HSC-85. These two squadrons are keeping the HH60s as they are exclusively now apart of the Navy's Special Operations groups (aka SEAL support choppers); all photo's I've used are from HSC-84 (click here for more info)

Also as a reference, the HH60's pylon is elongated and short - it runs the length of the entire fuel tank and does not extend over it. Its quite small actually.

If you want, again I'm willing to help out with texture stuff to recolor a HH60 or two. Just let me know.

As per the 240, the mount you have I believe is correct, I dont have the version of the model you have, so I can't say for sure. But essentially its the same external mount for the 240 and GAU (can someone fact check that for me?)

Myke;2373414']@gatordev

please stop discussing' date=' it is pointless anyway. SpectreRSG had a idea and if Yurapetrov will do it is Yurapetrov's decision, regardless if it's realistic or not. So any further discussion between you both about this stops now.[/quote']

Copy. The intent wasn't to start an argument. Apologize if it was received that way.

But essentially its the same external mount for the 240 and GAU (can someone fact check that for me?)

Please understand I'm NOT trying to be a smart ass here, this is an honest question: I have the answer to the above question. Is it okay to answer it?

Edited by gatordev

Also as a reference, the HH60's pylon is elongated and short - it runs the length of the entire fuel tank and does not extend over it. Its quite small actually.

Sorry. I don't understand. What do you means?

If you want, again I'm willing to help out with texture stuff to recolor a HH60 or two. Just let me know.

As per the 240, the mount you have I believe is correct, I dont have the version of the model you have, so I can't say for sure. But essentially its the same external mount for the 240 and GAU (can someone fact check that for me?)

No, 240 and GAU mounts are different. I know it, because i made them both ;-) Why don't you have the latest version? So can download it from first page of this thread. I released the latest version. My "work" version are the same, except i copied some Arma 2 files (crew animations) to SH60 folder to made it work in Arma 3.

p.s. I mean the GAU-17. It is a Navy version of M-134 minigun. It is not .50 cal machinegun.

Edited by yurapetrov

Hey Yura....can u tell me witch is this helicopter

http://i.imgur.com/rQKInZO.jpg>over 100kb

is this pawehawk???

I just finished watching 6th episode of "Inside Combat Rescue" where they are using 2 of those :D + mustage :) :)

and i must tell u..i like that fuel probe..lol...i dont know why..but it gives helicopter some power :D :D and it looks great on it...so i saw there was something about pawehawks on this thread..i will not tell you anything but when u have time...just switch fuel probe to one of seahawks :D :D

Thank you..milion times..for making such great addons :D