Sign in to follow this  
Janxy

Sweden rolls out invisible infrared tank

Hi all

Same from UK BAE rolled out a tank with adaptive armour that allows it to appear to be a car or cow or just look like its background. All fully modable in ArmA so expect to see this in game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14788009

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Awesome technology.

Imagine this.

"Hey man, I think something is moving over there, check it on the FLIR"

"Chill out, its just a cow.....Damn that cow is fast"

:p

awesome technology.

Imagine this.

"hey man, i think something is moving over there, check it on the flir"

"chill out, its just a cow.....damn that cow is fast"

epic :D

Yes I bet it works well until there’s an electrical short, then you will glow so much your imposable to miss.

Still I suppose when the technology and resolution advances as well as the thermal image library’s it could lead to some out of place amusing object for the surroundings.

Though if they couple this thermal technology with very low intensity LCD etc panels capable of only showing limited base colours to cover tanks then you could have a thermal signature and a visual representation or at the very least be able to have reactive camouflage rather than a fixed colour/s paint.

the problem with this cow is when it's spits you get a sabot up on your ass.

not funny trust me.

Awesome technology.

Imagine this.

"Hey man, I think something is moving over there, check it on the FLIR"

"Chill out, its just a cow.....Damn that cow is fast"

Spotter:

HQ we have contact 10oclock 750m, one table, two chairs, a cow, a table lamp, three desks and a giant chicken.

HQ:

Negative, that’s the French who are interior household and office furniture and farm animals, we are looking for exterior furniture and pets, I repeat, exterior furniture and pets only.

:rolleyes:

Spotter:

HQ we have contact 10oclock 750m, one table, two chairs, a cow, a table lamp, three desks and a giant chicken.

HQ:

Negative, that’s the French who are interior household and office furniture and farm animals, we are looking for exterior furniture and pets, I repeat, exterior furniture and pets only.

I almost spat my coffee out all over my keyboard. PMSL.

spotter:

Hq we have contact 10oclock 750m, one table, two chairs, a cow, a table lamp, three desks and a giant chicken.

Hq:

Negative, that’s the french who are interior household and office furniture and farm animals, we are looking for exterior furniture and pets, i repeat, exterior furniture and pets only.

lol :D

Just have a look at this concept:

ogqAQrvS6To

Sure one can still see something + dust/dirt etc - making stuff invisible does need more than just a single click on "stealth"/"cloak"/"magic mumbojambo".

btw: usually Infantry and tankers don't rely that much on FLIR as some might think. For target recognition you need Mk. II Eyeballs or you will produce Friendly Fire in a row...A lesson learned the hard way in '90 during Operation "Desert Storm". FLIR is used by aircrew more often. And the "cool tanks live longer" slogan is old by now...it's was technologically introduced back in the 90's as pure IR signature reduction.

you need Mk. II Eyeballs

Mk 2!?!?! Has there been some upgrade I havent heard about?

Mk 2!?!?! Has there been some upgrade I havent heard about?
Mk II is with two eyes, old Mk I is one eyed pirate canoneer.

Remember...russian units in ArmA 2 have no TI....so nothing would change at all.