Sign in to follow this  
UnYx

No more player profile & Language stuck

I just bought a new disk because the older was full; win 7 64 took some time to recover its mind (I had used systemrecoverycd to copy my partitions but there was a problem with boot drive letter; this is now fine & Win7 64 run flawlessly) but Arma2; Arma OA & TOH preview now won't work correctly (worked fine until yesterday with the older disk):

I can't select another language than English (my setup was until today in french; the language changed without any action) :o

The profiles list is empty though one is indicated in the bottom right corner of the main screen and though profiles files exist. When I try to create another profile, I can't edit the name and it won't also display then in the list though it appears in the main screen :confused:

Same behaviour with Arma2/Arma2:OA & TOH

Obviously all is licensed as requiered (I even bought Arma2 twice since it was not available in my country at the beginning ...) :cool:

Arma2:OA is brand new (I bought it 1 week ago for TOH preview, which I also pre-ordered).

I tried to reinstall without then with prior uninstall => no effect on the issue.

If anyone has an idea of what can be done, please give me some help ;)

Edit: Damn :eek: ... I posted in the wrong forum! Plz can a moderator move it to Troubleshooting ? :pray:

Edited by UnYx

:yay: I found the explaination :

Windows seven looked well, but 1 thing wasn't : Libraries were messed due to the "hot" swap of new drives letter using Win 7 disk management!

I had made a copy of my data partition as well as the boot one (the libraries are stocked on this data partition), when I replaced the drive letter of the old one by the new, while 7 was running, it totally messed it's library management => impossible to restore it without recloning the boot partition (that I had fortunately kept)!

No library => No documents folder => No Arma profile => Language changed & no profile displayed though the file were still on the new disk :D

To prevent this : swap C/ as well as other using regedit : HKEY LOCAL MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> MountedDevices -> [Drive letters] & write down then replace the hex values of the corresponding drives (mandatory for C:; for libraries, you can temporarily delete all entries in the library places list swap drives & reenter the right folders in the libraries lists)

Edited by UnYx