Sign in to follow this  
LETHALFLOW

Teamplay

Hi all. So I've been watching many videos on YouTube of squads of people using VoIP and what looks to be user made missions. The missions seem fun and the team-play is amazing. I was wondering how I could find people like this to play with and how I can get invites? I don't have any friends who play Arma so it's tough to play with anyone but multiplayer. Also I would prefer to play on Operation Arrowhead if possible.

Thanks a bunch, the help would be appreciated.

Hello

There's a seperate area on this board for clans/groups looking for players and visa versa.

Ill come back in a min with the URL.

Also, there are some public servers with "proper" missions on, out there, it's just a question of observing mission names in the gamebrowser.

Lastly, the new (unmentionable)? PR:Arma mod is supposed to promote teamplay, but ive not experienced it so far, but it *IS* in in ealy beta stages so could be one to keep an eye on)

brb with the link

Here you are: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Rgds

LoK

Thank you orlok, I'll be sure to post there. And as for PR, do you mean Project Reality? I've played that mod on BF2 and loved it. I know it's on beta stages but do many people play it? Enough for a full server at least?

Project reality is not out yet, so no no one can play it.

check out the squads theirs plenty of them.

Project reality is not out yet, so no no one can play it.

check out the squads theirs plenty of them.

I think ‘Project Reality’ is a squad as well as an idea….;)

Hello

yup that's the mod, its in beta (id say more alpha as its a game play test rather than a full test release) but check their forums as i believe there's some issues with this forum and their devs.

The servers are (were) packed over the past day or so as it a new release. (oveflowing even with several 100 player servers filling up in seconds, yes seconds)

It's worth a look but not a great departure from standard arma as it stands imho. but again its just a test version.

Anyhoo, before we get locked for too much PR talk, have a peek in the area i posted and you will find there's alot of good team play folk out there.

It may take some time to find folk who play your style but they are out there.

Arma2/oa MP play is not dead, as some people may lead you to believe, it just takes a little perservierence to find em.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Is there missions I can download to put on my server to play?, as i never go to other folk's server.

hullo there,

Check their forums for details, although I believe you have to apply for a license to run their mod on individual servers. (dont quote me on that though).

I have seen an SP mission on thier forums, but AI wont accomplish all mission tasks.

Rgds

LoK

If you are looking for simple Coop missions and some folks to game with you may always join us on LOL New Majors. You can find needed mods on our website www.nakedsquid.com or follow the tutorial for using the Six Updater to get set up. It's free, we welcome good folks and have some laughs.

My Squad consists of Ex Military.. One of the Only requirements ... we do this type of play all the time ... and it is amazing what a close nit group like my USMC warriors can do... we do have other teams we play against and they are out there that do get in to this type of play you just have to get on get talking and you can get in or onto teams like this

Ace mod is a good one that focus on Realism