Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 84260

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[84259] Fixed: Weapons on pylons changed positions after fireAtTarge=t (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24046)

+ 84212 some crash hotfixed

+ the DCCanFire was sent to units holding fire as well (not to units with no ammo, though). Fixed in 84253, see also http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23303.

Edited by Dwarden

Thank for more fixes it helps.

I s there any chance Dotarget could get fixed in the near future as it's actually much worse in some instances than using dowatch or lookat and as a lot of scripts make use of it. I don't know it this is exactly related to the other problem with DoTarget where the unit only aims his riffle for a split seconds but as that causes him to miss the target it could be.

1. I have setup a Shilka to fire at a Hummer but when using DoTarget it misses by around 500meters.

2. I have a second trigger which replaces DoTarget with Dowatch (lookat has the same effect) and accuracy improves to around 20meters short of the target.

3. But to actually get it to hit the target I have to group the player to the Shilka, it takes a second or two for the Shilka to find the target and destroy it.

As this is probably a separate issue I posted a ticket for this in CIT.

AI is set to super AI and skill slider to max, I'm playing as regular difficulty.

Here's a Demo,there's no need to do anything just observe.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gif3iy

A-10 Airstike support is still not working in missions. Try BAF missions Concreate Oasis or Tank Hunters. It works perfectly without the beta though.

Motion in MP is jerky (laggy) ...

I am sure now, that real problem with jerky MP comes with first release of Arma2. Last not affected version is latest Arma1.

There is also some work-around to minimize jerky in MP.

All you can find here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24034

I hope that BIS solve this "few years old MP issue" very soon, other-ways it would be also in Arma3, and that would be disaster for MP community.

Well the carry system is not working correctly for me in a few missions, I carry a dude over 20 meters let him go and once I drop him he reappears on the same place I picked him up. Also I have a few problems now with the AI not staying put where they should, but they start moving and running around when they have explicit orders to stay put(Like POWS). Other than that the performance is good, no crashes.

First time I've installed a BETA release of ArmA. Is it just my imagination, or is the beta quite a bit faster (FPS-wise) than the last official patch? Nice.

Anyway. One thing that has always bothered me is the bugged binocular animations. When using binoculars, the player character has some very strange animation and his gun bugs-out, flipping all over the place when you rotate and view him in 3rd person while using the binoculars. Just really "drags you away from the moment" when it happens. :(

It's not fixed in the beta. Was hoping it would be fixed for the next patch. Is that likely?

Objects destruction animation looks "laggy" compared with 1.59.

Not sure what's wrong in these videos.

Actually it's quite noticeable.

First he shows the destruction with a new beta where falling object is stuttering a lot

And then with 1.59 - where it falls down smoothly

I've noticed this too, but never thought to check out

First time I've installed a BETA release of ArmA. Is it just my imagination, or is the beta quite a bit faster (FPS-wise) than the last official patch? Nice.

Anyway. One thing that has always bothered me is the bugged binocular animations. When using binoculars, the player character has some very strange animation and his gun bugs-out, flipping all over the place when you rotate and view him in 3rd person while using the binoculars. Just really "drags you away from the moment" when it happens. :(

It's not fixed in the beta. Was hoping it would be fixed for the next patch. Is that likely?

I'm not seeing the batten twirling effect anymore so that's an improvement.

The weapon does have a habit of switching from front to back which would only really happen once.

ie

it should remain in front until the unit starts to walk, if he is still carrying the Bins move the riffle to the shoulder and it should stay there until the Bins or LaserDes are no longer in his hand. This would hep smooth it down a bit.

The other problem with the Bins is that mine keeps swapping between looking through the Bins and 3rd person view. This doesn't happen with Laserdes.

Edited by F2k Sel

"Weapons on pylons changed positions after fireAtTarge" <- Congrats for fixing this one :)

I'm still getting helicopters moving up and down in Autohover! This is really annoying.

I thought it had been fixed ?

Me too.

If you look at the video the objects that fall in the first run it looks like the falling object is running at a lower FPS (just the falling object) and in the second run which I guess is 1.59 no beta you can see it normal fps looking and falling smooth, its quite obvious once you focus on the object.

He guys, this ARMA 2: OA beta build 84260 works well.

But did anyone try the uninstall routine of this beta? If I start the uninstall.exe, the prompt ask for uninstall the beta patch, but no files were removed after the uninstall is completed. Any good ideas for a clean uninstall?

He guys, this ARMA 2: OA beta build 84260 works well.

But did anyone try the uninstall routine of this beta? If I start the uninstall.exe, the prompt ask for uninstall the beta patch, but no files were removed after the uninstall is completed. Any good ideas for a clean uninstall?

I get this too, also with the previous betas. Might be because I am on win7 x64, but I am not sure.

Anyway, I just delete the everything in the \[Your Arma Installation folder]\Expansion\beta folder, and that seems to work fine.

Yeah, thanks Morbid. I am on Windows 7 x64 too. Seems that should be the last option. Its the first time, that I got a problem with the uninstall routine on beta patches.

Dont uninstall. Just delete the beta folder. Simple.

Yes, but I wish BIS would remove the non-functional uninstaller to avoid confusion.

Well the carry system is not working correctly for me in a few missions, I carry a dude over 20 meters let him go and once I drop him he reappears on the same place I picked him up. Also I have a few problems now with the AI not staying put where they should, but they start moving and running around when they have explicit orders to stay put(Like POWS). Other than that the performance is good, no crashes.

I can confirm the warping of units once released when carrying them in numerous occasions.

Worst enemy/annoyance in multiplayer are warping units (infantry/Vehicles). One is able to target but not getting a hit because those units make a warpjump up to 100m. Guess its good if BIS HQ just setup a server and invite all the devs + moderators for an internal event/match. :)