Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

EOD Mod

It was not intended to be harsh. Cant get that to work as i have no idea what the modules name is or how to implement that. Is it _eod, _reezo_eod and how does it fit in with the

player addeventhandler ["respawn"].

The module name is whatever you name the module when you place it in the editor. Like with any other object.

Try a:

playerName addeventhandler ["respawn","_this execvm '\respawnScript.sqf'"];

Make a respawnScript.sqf in the mission dir, and in that file put a:

moduleName synchronizeObjectsAdd [playerName];

Remember to change out the moduleName and playerName to what you have named the module and unit in question.

Thanks Nielsen. I will test this out asap. I am hoping this will address the issue i have been having.

So for

moduleName synchronizeObjectsAdd [playerName];

PlayerName is the named variable in the units name?

So i would need to write a line for each player unit in the respawn.sqf for each playerName like.

Respawn.sqf

moduleName synchronizeObjectsAdd [player1];
moduleName synchronizeObjectsAdd [player2];

wouldnt that cause it to fire off every time anyone respawn and resync with every player in game even though still alive?

Edited by Cytreen

Yes its the variable in the name line in the editor. But actually you can just use 'player' as that will return the local player/unit name. the eventhandler is local (afaik) so it will only fire for the local unit. I should have used that in the example, sorry.

Assuming you dont mess around with dedicated servers, do the following. Put a module and name it myModule.

Put the following in your init.sqf, or in any init field.

player addeventhandler ["respawn","_this execvm '\respawnScript.sqf'"];

In the respawnScript.sqf, put:

myModule synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];

That should do it I would think...

Yes its the variable in the name line in the editor. But actually you can just use 'player' as that will return the local player/unit name. the eventhandler is local (afaik) so it will only fire for the local unit. I should have used that in the example, sorry.

Assuming you dont mess around with dedicated servers, do the following. Put a module and name it myModule.

Put the following in your init.sqf, or in any init field.

player addeventhandler ["respawn","_this execvm '\respawnScript.sqf'"];

In the respawnScript.sqf, put:

myModule synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];

That should do it I would think...

Yes everything i build is run on a dedicated server.

Yes everything i build is run on a dedicated server.

I just remembered. There are some general problem with resyncing on respawn. AFAIK the sync has to be done within the first .5 seconds of the mission, so the command is really useless. At least for modules like the SecOps manager.

Check out this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81331

hi

How do I equip my units with the THOR backpack? - do I need to addWeapon? - if so, what is the weapon name?

I have ACE installed. No THOR ruck is visible in the ACE ruck crates.

Thanks

JJ

Thanks, that's a great resource and one that I wasn't aware of, but unfortunately it doesn't contain a specific THOR backpack. I am assuming that Reezo's mod adds one into the weapons but I don't know the classname for it.

JJ

edit: i asumed ofcourse that you had your EOD backpacks from a crate or whatever the addon comes with...

if so, try the below to gather classname, or.... this is just a suggestion, read the readme included in the addon....

try this:

equip your backpack and run this code from a radio trigger

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/files/sys_ruck/fnc_FindRuck-sqf.html

_null = [] spawn {
  _ruckName = [player] call ACE_fnc_FindRuck;
  copyToClipBoard format["%1",_ruckName];
};

now exit game after radio trigger is activated and paste the current backpack used with ACE.

also this one is for vanilla packs.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/unitBackpack

Thanks for the suggestion. If there was any info in the Readme, I wouldn't be posting here...

The videos at the start of the thread show Thor Backpacks being used. Apparently they are included in the mod. I believe they use one of the ACE rucks as the model. The Readme gives no indication of what their class name is. None of the units are equipped with them by default, nor are they in any of the crates, therefore it is impossible to equip one and work out the class name as per your suggestion.

I guess what I am driving at is - as I am the only person in this thread who has posted a problem like this, am I missing something very obvious? In which case fair enough, maybe there is something wrong at my end.

JJ

Edited by jiltedjock

Hi guys, I am working on the release of a final version before I stop developing this.

Final means "no longer developed", not "perfectly working", so be prepared to send bitter words my way if things go boom the wrong way.

1) Evidence stuff on triggermen and suicide bombers: this should be working already and it is being developed.

2) MP Respawn compatibility: the modules, for the moment, work in a way that transfer the sync to the team leader to the next group leader alive. So if a TL dies, the module syncs with the next highest rank in the group, until the group is empty.

The modules wait for the next leader to be alive, so even in the event that the entire group is wiped out, the module will still wait for the highest rank in the group to be alive and then it will start the loop again.

I think I can improve it by making the

while {count units _grp > 0 } do

into:

while { alive module } do

because this way we avoid any possibility of the main loop exiting and never restarting.

3) Weird bugs, sounds, stuff etc: I've never experienced those, so you would need to provide me with repro steps.

4) Is the loudspeaker too loud or too soft in terms of audio intensity (= mere volume)?

5) A Thor 3 backpacks crate will be available

6) There will not be more or less documentation than the one that is already available.

Best wishes for a 2012 full of working EOD mods, regardless of who will develop them ;)

Hey Reezo, Cool mod! I've been running through some test missions just trying to get a feel for it (I'm new to ACE, so that's taking some time by itself) One problem I have is just setting the EOD AREA module, I detect the IED with my Thor3 and spot the trigger man.. but can't seem to get any reaction from him. Watching your video, it looked like you just put him in your cross hairs for a bit. I tried about everthing I could think of.. including the ACE interaction menu (search / disarm). Any thoughts?

hey, am i the only one with the problem of the EOD modules not functioning? I've tweaked, un-tweaked, anything possible but it just seems the ambient and EOD area module wont work. and the suicidebomber wont detonate. he just looks about :S

solutions would be most welcome...

Edited by briceuk

Standing by for incoming...

I know it's all in the videos but as I'm serving away with the forces I can't access them!

Anyone have a test mission or can tell me how to set this up, init lines, etc?

I will love you reezo if you get the MP respawn and jip functioning.

Edited by Cytreen

To begin, i really like this mod. It adds loads of depth to even the most mundane single player gameplay, and it also greatly rewards people who like to manage inventory and bring along extra equipment just in case (like myself). I skimmed the last 13 pages and didn't see anything about this so I'll assume it hasn't been brought up.

Is there a way to change the models of the suicide bombers/IED triggermen? ideally to Chernarussian civilians. I have absolutely no experience with modding but i assume the Takistani civilian models are all in an array in the mod? If so is it possible to change them to Chernarussians through a script?

On a slightly related note, I really enjoyed your roadblock duty mission Reezo, i would love to see more like it (perhaps with EOD mod support?). Keep up the good work!

Hello reezo.

Great mod! kylania gave me a hint a few hours ago and i am enjoying it.

I do however have a question about the diversity and such about the mod.

When placing a IED say a IED area and giving it all the variables. i only seem to get one kind, that only works against cars.

I maybe reading it ALL wrong, but how to get all this with triggermen, radio controlled and so on? I might be missing something but i just cant see what :)

Also. When placing a Suicide Area nothing ever happens... Never! same variables as i put in IED area.

And last but not least, how does the mine detector work?

Great mod!

I am trying to create a mission where a foot patrol reaches an IED area about 15 minutes into the mission.

I have noticed that civ vehicles spawning can set off vehicle pressure plate IED's before players reach them and assume civs on foot will set off man pressure plate IED's.

Has anyone found a way to avoid this or create just radio controlled IED's.

thanks for any help

GHOG

Standing by for incoming...

I know it's all in the videos but as I'm serving away with the forces I can't access them!

Anyone have a test mission or can tell me how to set this up, init lines, etc?

Anyone making/developing a Vallon (VMH3CS) as used by the British? Enyone else think this would be a great ingame feature to detect IED's with one? Scripted so the user (when Vallon is deployed) is set to "walk" and "stand" of course!

http://www.vallon.de/products.lasso?a=mine-detection&b=4

IMGP0166_1_YORKS_200.jpg

9422c94e.jpg

How to use it, tried what in the vid, nothing happened,and i don't know how to make an Editor place IED, please help reezo

Just to echo what a few of the previous posts have said, I'm having real trouble getting the mod to function as advertised.

I've synced both the ambient modules to the player and have spent a significant amount of time driving / walking around Takistan and have not yet encountered a single IED or SIED. I have been able to spawn them using the area modules but IED's always appear as pressure plates or RCIED's minus the trigger man (i'm not sure which; i've equipped the unit with a Thor 3 ECM pack and it doesn't detonate but I'm get to get so much as a beep out of my ECM). In the case of area SIED's a man is created but seems to remain static irrespective of what BLUFOR units are present or what they do.

Any ideas? Has something changed in ACE since v2.22 that has caused this? I'm running CO with BAF and Merc's with the latest patch, ACE V 1.13.0.522 and CBA V 0.8.3.175 and no other mods.

Ok problem solved but I really have no idea how. I was initially trying to get the modules working on Takistan with no joy. I then loaded up an old test mission on Utes which I had created under a previous version of EOD. I cross referenced with the Takistan mission to check that they were both set up exactly the same (they were). The SIED area module on the Utes mission was working but not on Takistan. I was still getting no luck with the ambient modules or the IED area on either map. I opened up a clean mission in Takistan, merged in the old Utes mission and not only did the SIED area script remain functioning but I also got a working IED area module and my ECM is now happily beeping away. I haven't explored much yet so can't confirm that the ambient modules are working. As I said, no idea at all how this worked but it did!

Edited by JoeAnorak

Alright, I watched both videos. I planted all modules along with the parameters.

I'm getting no IED or Suicide spawns what-so-ever.

To be honest the Tutorials aren't extremely in depth about the spawning itself, just setting up parameters and what they do.

What else, must we spawn civilians and synchronize them to the Ambient and Area IED's? What must we do?

How do we spawn an IED, how do we spawn Suicide Bombers?..

Can someone inform me how this addon performs on a server with a population near 30?

Has anyone actually got the EOD Loudspeaker working on a dedi server? I know the function is there etc, but does it actually clear civilians? It doesn't appear to work for me. It looks like the code to clear civs runs locally on the client and not the server?