Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

EOD Mod

Thanks Grub and Nielsen! I am glad you like the mod.

About the IED question, Grub:

To spawn an IED at the crossroad, place the module "(EOD) IED Area" on the crossroad and then put this in its init:

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_range",[0,5]];
this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability",1];
this setVariable ["reezo_eod_interval",1];

The first line will make the IED spawn randomly in a maximum of 5 meters from the module and a mininum of zero (= right on the module icon).

The second line will make 100% sure the IED will spawn at the beginning of the mission

The third line will make sure the IED is created once and then never again once detonated/destroyed etc.

Of course you can tweak the range values to make it like [0,10] if it is a bigger crossroad, or [0,2] if it is narrower etc.

I am sorry if I said some BS :) in the video, I probably got myself and my script wrong..I don't remember having said that but it's definitely possible :)

Hi all nice work Reezo, has anyone else had the following issues and if so how did you cure them?

1) no entry binconfig\bincfgmagazines

2) no tone from thorIII mar back pack?

3) multiple suicide bombers and IEDs spawning at my location after placing several IED and Suicide ambient modules on map in different locations.

any help and or advice is welcomed even if its to tell me i am an idiot and placed to much on my map!

extract from RPT for thor problems

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.sr5_thor3_mar'.

Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

Warning Message: Error: creating magazine sr5_thor3_mar with scope=private

Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.

Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.

Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.

Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.

Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.

Warning Message: No entry '.type'.

Warning Message: No entry '.count'.

Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.

Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.

Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.

Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.

Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.

extract from RPT re spawning of AI bombers

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37be9500 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37be0000 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x3b5f9500 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x3b615400 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x3b602a00 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x49249500 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x49222a00 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x49235400 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37c10000 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37c05400 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37bf2a00 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37c19500 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37bfbf00 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x491e9500 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x37c2bf00 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x491e0000 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - Agent 0x491fbf00 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - O 1-2-C:3 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - O 1-2-C:1 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

"reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic_clear - O 1-2-C:2 IS NOT MOD-RELATED OR CLOSE"

RPT for ieds

"reezo_eod_fnc_pressureDetection - IED 36186400# 439596: ied_v2.p3d WAS CHECKED BUT HAS NO vehicle TRIGGERING ITS PLATE"

"ied_postserverinit - IED 36186400# 439596: ied_v2.p3d HAS PRESSURE PLATE SET FOR vehicle"

"STUFF NEAR IED: []"

Edited by bulletoothdan

Rezzo,

Played a long MP mission on a dedicated server tonight, primarily focused on EOD Mod.

Found a single error, when you use the Loud Speaker function when in a vehicle. The ability then remains with you after you leave the vehicle.

Otherwise it ran excellently. Searching suspected trigger men we killed and suicide bombers and actually finding incriminating evidence (military equipment on them) was a nice touch.

The Thor didn`t beep at all, we carried them on point men in each team, but nothing. Would be very immersive if this thing was to beep when you are near a suitable IED. We also feel that this ability should be limited to trigger men over a set distance from their bomb and not the close (wired) guys who are easy to spot.

Made for a very realistic mission, thank you.

Reezo,

In my testing the RPT is written to every second... basically spamming the RPT. I've looked at your scripts and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn this off?

The IED_PostServerInit.sqf writes out to the RPT every 2 seconds for every IED placed. This seems to be a bit extreme. Can you put in a variable to turn this off?

Same with the reezo_eod_fnc_pressureDetection...

EDIT: This is fixed in v2.20

Tup

Edited by Tupolov

Reezo,

I never thought i would install ACE mod (because of how complicated the installation is); the only reason for it was being able to try this amazing mod.

I tried to find the Thor backpacks for smokedog, but i think i did not find the right ones ;)

Everyone on this thread owes you a beer, man, you are gonna get very drunk one day ;)

You are the F***ing Boss.

Reezo,

Just downloaded v2.20. I noticed in v2.20 there is a script error:

File x\eod\addons\eod\reezo_eod_module_iedarea.sqf, line 25

Error in expression < setVariable ["reezo_eod_interval", 600]];

I appears that you are missing a [ before 600 or have included an additional ].

Regards

Tup

Edited by Tupolov

I cant seem to get the IED Area module to work with this latest version, could that have something to do with what Tup has mentioned about the error?

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

The Thor didn`t beep at all, we carried them on point men in each team, but nothing. Would be very immersive if this thing was to beep when you are near a suitable IED. We also feel that this ability should be limited to trigger men over a set distance from their bomb and not the close (wired) guys who are easy to spot.

Not sure about the Thor system, but the only indication that somethings happened on the ECM I've been around is it humming a bit more than usual.

I am sorry if I said some BS :) in the video, I probably got myself and my script wrong..I don't remember having said that but it's definitely possible :)

lol It was quite possibly all me mate.

Updated to v2.22

- Fixed some init bugs (thanks Tupolov)

Mirror away ;)

Edited by Reezo

Reezo,

Might be worth doing a V2 key soon, given the 1.6 patch will require them (I think ?)

Reezo,

Might be worth doing a V2 key soon, given the 1.6 patch will require them (I think ?)

True. I'll make sure it's v2 ready when v1.60 breaks out. This way we add even more suspence to the 1.60 release date XD

Reezo,

Getting the following error since installing the latest version.

Script x\eod\addons\eod\XEH_preServerinit.sqf not found

Was unable to join our server, although server ran up OK and didn`t report this error, so seems to be a client side issue ?

After removing EOD, joined server without issue

Reezo,

Getting the following error since installing the latest version.

Script x\eod\addons\eod\XEH_preServerinit.sqf not found

Was unable to join our server, although server ran up OK and didn`t report this error, so seems to be a client side issue ?

After removing EOD, joined server without issue

Did you try re-download the link and replace the EOD mod? I had the same issue, seems like a binarizing error of some sort..but it was fixed shortly after the release post..

excellent work thanks :)

(the suicide bomber explodes when there are civilians. Is it normal or is there a way that he explodes only when player/bluefor/redfor is detected ?)

I cant seem to get the suicide bombers to explode, made a couple of them via the Suicide Bomber area module, but i can run upto them without them exploding....These are the variables that are being used.

this setVariable ["reezo_eod_probability",1]; this setVariable ["reezo_eod_interval",1];this setVariable ["reezo_eod_range",[0,5]];

Any thoughts as to why they wouldnt be working?

Also it might be worth mentioning that a civilian unit is needed on the map somewhere otherwise the module doesnt seem to spawn a bomber at all.

Also is there anyway to get the IED Area module to spawn an IED offroad? I.e force it to spawn on the module rather than a road near the module?

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Does anyone have any good missions using this yet?

I have your example missions Reezo all works and is fun but must comment on the suicide bombers.

1) When they spawn they don't chase blufor, seems to take 3/4 mins then they chase but if you move they run to your old position and stop?

2) If you run over the dead body in a humvee they explode lol. Not sure this is a problem but is it intentional?

Its a really good mod so far but need serious mp improvement.

bugs i have tested dedicated server.

lose of loudspeaker functionality when player respawns/dissconects-reconnects/Not JIP compatible

lose of all module funtionality from player slot espawns/dissconects-reconnects/Not JIP compatible.

Zone modules have the same problems.

Also when exiting loudspeaker vehicle you can still activate it from any distance away from the vehicle. Sound also comes from players body or it is played local. sound should be positioned from the vehicle it is synced to.

Please fix this or provide documentation on how to fix it in mission. I really want to use this in persistent missions but with no respawn or jip support this mod is useless.

Edited by Cytreen

Hey Reezo I may have a small bug Not sure yet I am using this while other mods are on but the EOD modules are the only ones I placed down. I noticed after I placed IED area I drove up to the IED and boom took my wheels right off then I backed out to the editor and placed another of the same module to see if I could place more then 1 module area Apparently not a good Idea. It stopped working I then tried the other modules and they ceased function as well I even Synchronized the IED are to player but Nothing. SO DO NOT PLACE MORE THEN 1 OF THE SAME MODULE. I think it breaks the MOD. To fix the Issue I loaded another a map and then placed the module It worked again however after it explodes if you exit the editor and then go back in without deleting or moving the Module It will fail to be there. If you delete the Module after it explodes and then place it again on the map in a different location it works. Weird eh I guess the script doesn't stop running when you go back into the editor or maybe it becomes hung. Either way Delete and Repeat. =EDit Unfortunately this doesn't work all the time either after it explodes, even if you just place just 1 module it fails to work when reloading the mission after it explodes even fails to spawn at times . OH well It does at least work just be sure to place it where you want it to be the first time. I hope you can fix this as I like to test my missions over and over again before using them in Multilayer and to reload a new map every time, to place the module can be a pain. Thanks anyway REEZO this mod has come a long ways I love SR5 stuff.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

Please fix this or provide documentation on how to fix it in mission. I really want to use this in persistent missions but with no respawn or jip support this mod is useless.

That seems a bit harsh dude... Have you tried resyncronizing the module with the players after respawn with synchronizeObjectsAdd? Cause when a unit respawns it usually stops being synchronized with modules...

That seems a bit harsh dude... Have you tried resyncronizing the module with the players after respawn with synchronizeObjectsAdd? Cause when a unit respawns it usually stops being synchronized with modules...

It was not intended to be harsh. Cant get that to work as i have no idea what the modules name is or how to implement that. Is it _eod, _reezo_eod and how does it fit in with the

player addeventhandler ["respawn"].

BIS documentation is spotty at best and provides no actual working examples. Its more of an Appendix of commands with no real functional examples showing how to implement it and when it should an should not be used. Its why so many mission have such locality and bandwidth issues.

Another bug found.

When player 1 is in gunner seat of a m224 mortar and another player load a mortar the gunner is hear the Allah Akbar sound.

Edited by Cytreen