Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 84223

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[84221] Fixed: Tanks sometimes braking too much or even reversing a bit when slowing down.

[84209] Fixed: AI subordinates sometimes slowing down too much when navigating around obstacles.

Edited by Dwarden

This is still an issue.

The footstep sounds when moving slowly wielding a pistol in crouch position are very badly synced. Everything except moving forward results in very fast footsteps, and moving forward is also out of sync.

On last 2 betas i get "No entry ´bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.recoilCoef´.

I get this as a windows popup before game starts both on my client and on my dediserver.

I have removed prievious betas before installing new. Any knows what causes this ?

We just discovered that this BUG:

Shortly after the remote (non local object) stops moving, it will jump to adjust (fix) its position. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24034

Is present also in first release of A2OA and also in A2 1.05!

Can be this issue, causing strange behaviour of Interpolation in MP?

Or can this leads to situations, when REMOTE objects in MP are unable to avoid each other on roads or in some small space, because their positions are "shifting" in time?

I try to test this latest beta 84223 shortly.

Edited by Anunnaki Nibiru

I noticed a new bug. I got in an abandoned enemy truck as driver and commanded my units in. They formed a circle around the truck and ingored to get in. Also they didnt move no longer when I got out and ordered them to follow me.

The problem with the no collision of createvehicled missiles is gone ;)

The fireAtTarget bug causing ordenance to move from pilon to pilon in planes is still there.

Ticket added here.

Edited by Mandoble

RecoilCoef.... that's new to me. Sounds like there will be a difficulty setting to scale the recoil strength up or down.

Are they adding this to the engine now, or has that always been there?

If they are adding it only now and it will be changeable by people it will create a mess.

You will come to one server expecting a weapon you are used to to behaved like you expect it to behave and suddenly you find MG to be a 200 rounds sniper rifle like in pre1.54

Then you go to another server, get your M4A1, fire it and blam it has a recoil of antimateriel .50 cal sniper rifles

This worries me too. But let's not take the speculation too far until we actually know what it is. :D

´bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.recoilCoef´. the same here!

I bet it is a problem with a mod. @OktoNoBlur active? :rolleyes:

I bet it is a problem with a mod. @OktoNoBlur active? :rolleyes:

I get i on my dedi win server before the console window shows - no mods used. And its not an arma2 popup,

its a windows popup that i have to click ok before the arma console window will launch.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;2016070']I get i on my dedi win server before the console window shows - no mods used. And its not an arma2 popup' date='

its a windows popup that i have to click ok before the arma console window will launch.[/quote']

Most likely you are not using bin.pbo from the beta, only the exe.

hmm i have bin.pbo in "Arma2/Dta" - in "Arma2/Expansion/Dta" - in "Arma2/Expansion/beta/Expansion/dta" - shouldnt the last be used if i start game from "Arma2oa.exe in the betafolder ?

I can live with it till next official patch :)

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;2016214']hmm i have bin.pbo in "Arma2/Dta" - in "Arma2/Expansion/Dta" - in "Arma2/Expansion/beta/Expansion/dta" - shouldnt the last be used if i start game from "Arma2oa.exe in the betafolder ?

I can live with it till next official patch :)

You have to load the beta folder as a mod, otherwise it will not be used. Something like -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

´bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.recoilCoef´. the same here!

Ye, I get the same error, but only when starting ArmA with ACE mod;

it spoils the game alot, though because recoil when firing a weapon ingame is literally zero :mad:

ps and I don´t play on recruit difficulty :p