by Raunhofer

by KuiK

OPERATION "GREEN VALLEY" REQUIRES:

by Raunhofer

OPTIONAL ADDONS:

by GNAT

by VILAS

GAMEPLAY:

- This is a A&S mission: You can raise your tickets by holding control points on the map.

When tickets reach maximum value, or time is up, then team, which have more tickets win.

Screenshots:

screenshot01t.th.jpg screenshot03b.th.jpg

arma2oa2011090713193635.th.jpg arma2oa2011090713183200.th.jpg

ADDITIONAL INFO:

FEATURES:

- AI support:

- AI defend bases and takes points.

- AI uses transport.

- AI crew:

In COOP and SP gamemodes after respawn some vehicles will be filled with AI crew.

Before it happens you have 25 seconds to take place in vehicle.

After those 25 seconds all empty positions in vehicle will be filled with AI.

If you take place of commander, or driver (or even gunner in land vehicles), then you will get ability to control vehicle via commands or directly.

AI can be disabled via mission's settings before mission start.

- Commander (Singleplayer only)

- Singleplayer respawn

- AI Recruitment (Singleplayer only)

- HQ Assets:

- Artillery mission

- UAV

- Supply drop

- Transport:

This feature allow request transport for moving to any position on the map.

If you will close to the base, then transport will wait you at start position.

If you will far from base, then transport will move to your current position, pick you up, and move to the selected position.

- Evac:

This feature allow request transport for picking you up from any position on the map.

All requests works via support menu (0-8).

Support menu limitations:

- Commander :

- Artillery mission

- UAV

- Supply drop

- Transport

- Evacuation

- Squadleader :

- Artillery mission request

- UAV request

- Supply drop request

- Transport request

- Evac request

- Soldier:

- Evac request

OPTIONS:

You can set view distance and grass density via "Options" in actions menu (Multiplayer only).

NOTES:

- ACE COMPATIBILITY.

Edited by DAP

Cool DAP..... will download it an test now !

I recommend use WarFX Blastcore for more immersion :) Artillery mission looks epic :)

This is not downloading. Please use another mirror.

I run Blastcore and JRSR (with CBA of course, and your First Aid as standard) so it will be great.

EDIT: just saw the second mirror ..... cheers mate!

Edited by Kremator

This is not downloading. Please use another mirror.

I run Blastcore and JRSR (with CBA of course, and your First Aid as standard) so it will be great.

DAPMAN (script version) already included :)

Playing both versions on SP and they seemed very good.

I did find that the Apache owned EVERYTHING!

I wasn't able to call for transport however and was forced to run everywhere.

Will continue to play it.

Playing both versions on SP and they seemed very good.

I did find that the Apache owned EVERYTHING!

I wasn't able to call for transport however and was forced to run everywhere.

Will continue to play it.

Apache is real evil :D In Desert I tried supress him with static Igla behind TKA base, but seems it isn't enough :D

About transport. What map you played? Are you got any messages from HQ about transport state? Also.. you can call transport only if it ready (In those missions all helicopters also transporting another squads from base to combat) Maybe they just works? :) Also they need some time to reach your position :) Here is no "magic" transports, which "come from nowhere" :) All transports stay at base :) If they alive, of course :)

Played the desert one mostly and didnt get any messages about transport from HQ (LOVE the messages by the way!)

I tried to get in an ambulance or truck but had no action menu item to get in.

Played the desert one mostly and didnt get any messages about transport from HQ (LOVE the messages by the way!)

I tried to get in an ambulance or truck but had no action menu item to get in.

Hmmm... :) It works fine for me :) Try this sequence:

- stay at base and wait until transport come back.

- wait until transport land and turn his engine off (it can take some time)

- Open support menu (0-8) and call transport via "Transport request". Don't forget: you must be a squadleader or commander, and cursor must be far from base (better if you set coordinates via map)

- You must get radio message ("Vehicle on the move" - if transport ready or "Unable to comply" - if not)

- if transport is ready - then jump in :)

if not - then wait some time and repeat request :)

About ambulance and trucks :) They are here only as decoration :)

Edited by DAP

Im loving this game mode. Can it be ported to another map? is it possible to increase enemy numbers in sp version...

Im loving this game mode. Can it be ported to another map? is it possible to increase enemy numbers in sp version...

It is already ported to Utes and Chernarus (USvsRU). Also I search additional Islands for porting. Now main targets is Duala, Lingor and Kunar Province. I have some ideas about some winter islands but I don't know any really good units in winter camo for both sides.

About increasing numbers of units... heh :) It can be good for small maps, like Desert, but not for Takistan or Chernarus. They already have option for spawning additional squads at captured flags (6-8 units, so you need really good PC for it :) ). I try make all missions more stable for all kind of systems (even low-end PC :) ) This limitation only for better perfomance :)

Edited by DAP

Thanks for info. I must have missed something because I cannot find the Chernarus version? could someone please show me where to find it Thanks...

Thanks for info. I must have missed something because I cannot find the Chernarus version? could someone please show me where to find it Thanks...

It ready but not released yet :)

Very nice Mission. :thumb:

One thing i noted, compared to the ACE Compatibility : The CLU for the Javelin is missing.

Hi Dap,

I wondered if you might make things a little more SP friendly with teams.

I notice that the groups that are MP slots are removed in SP so you start alone, but I wondered if in SP you could at least start with a small team of maybe 4 so you can then hop into a vehicle/tank etc and go into battle?

I did a personal edit and the MPspawn I commented out the delete vehicle so that all slot AI stay and then scaled this down to my own team, although I respawn still but no team AI respawn.

So I wondered could it be set that in SP you start with 4 other AI in your group that will respawn in some way or if all die you can in some way spawn to base and recruit them again (or if I die as leader they all die and respawn and group to me again)?

Not sure the best way to do it of course, but thought I would post. At the moment I was instantly looking to recruit a team becuase no sooner do you start, all AI vehicles are off and out into battle and im stuck alone with no other AI to help be a gunner etc :)

Please let me know if I am missing something obvious though in SP. I know its not a major part as its mainly MP but it was just a thought for SP folk.

Edited by mrcash2009

Brilliant mission! Classic Battlefield 1942 style with tickets. In fact I got instant BF1942 "tobruk" nostalgic vibes from trying out the desert map :D If you add the possibility to put AI under your command, then it have potential to become one of the best large scale instant action missions around.

Very nice Mission. :thumb:

One thing i noted, compared to the ACE Compatibility : The CLU for the Javelin is missing.

Hi Dap,

I wondered if you might make things a little more SP friendly with teams.

I notice that the groups that are MP slots are removed in SP so you start alone, but I wondered if in SP you could at least start with a small team of maybe 4 so you can then hop into a vehicle/tank etc and go into battle?

I did a personal edit and the MPspawn I commented out the delete vehicle so that all slot AI stay and then scaled this down to my own team, although I respawn still but no team AI respawn.

So I wondered could it be set that in SP you start with 4 other AI in your group that will respawn in some way or if all die you can in some way spawn to base and recruit them again (or if I die as leader they all die and respawn and group to me again)?

Not sure the best way to do it of course, but thought I would post. At the moment I was instantly looking to recruit a team becuase no sooner do you start, all AI vehicles are off and out into battle and im stuck alone with no other AI to help be a gunner etc :)

Please let me know if I am missing something obvious though in SP. I know its not a major part as its mainly MP but it was just a thought for SP folk.

If you want be a part of vehicle crew, then just wait until vehicle will respawn. Then you will have 25 seconds to take place in vehicle (maybe need increase this value, I think about this). After this AI units will take all empty positions in vehicle (exclude cargo) and vehicle will be fully operable (if it is land vehicle - then you can control it via simple commands, if it is air vehicle - then driver (AI or Player) will be assigned as commander.)

About additional squad in SP. Maybe :) I already have request about this feature and now I trying implement this in current script-system :)

Brilliant mission! Classic Battlefield 1942 style with tickets. In fact I got instant BF1942 "tobruk" nostalgic vibes from trying out the desert map :D If you add the possibility to put AI under your command, then it have potential to become one of the best large scale instant action missions around.

Now I think about mission for I44 (Battle of the Bulge as example) ;)

Some info :) Now this pack updated with new missions (1 Utes, 1 Chernarus, 2 Thirsk (Summer/Winter)), added few fixes for MP, added different names for missions (e.g. Operation "Red Dawn" ;) ). When all tests will finished, then this pack will be released :)

Edited by DAP

Right I see, I think the initial position when you start is too far away from a AI vehicle to get to it in time before they pull out and run you over and fly away :)

But anyway I see what you mean, nice about the addition SP units scripting, thanks if you do anything with that. I was just thinking a big enough AI team to take full control of a tank/vehicle or fly, with possible "dismiss" feature that BON inf uses .. so you spawn or start with x man team (they die when you as leader die) then you all as a team respawn again at base, you can then dismiss who you want for example if you want to fly apache and only need another AI so you can dismiss the other x units ... again if you die, you re spawn back with x team again set to you as commander.

Bottom line is in SP you always end up at the base again with x men attached to you to command every time after your demise & return to base to fight once more :)

BTW I noticed that in Takistan mission the empty A10 in the US base has no vehicle init script like all other empty vehicles (which I assume is its re spawn script?) ... not sure if that was supposed to be the case.

Also I dont have specifics but I noted some minor Typos in the radio text when getting instructions and calling certain features (but cant remember what they were) .. minor cosmetic thing though :)

Edited by mrcash2009

If you want be a part of vehicle crew, then just wait until vehicle will respawn. Then you will have 25 seconds to take place in vehicle (maybe need increase this value, I think about this). After this AI units will take all empty positions in vehicle (exclude cargo) and vehicle will be fully operable (if it is land vehicle - then you can control it via simple commands, if it is air vehicle - then driver (AI or Player) will be assigned as commander.)

About additional squad in SP. Maybe :) I already have request about this feature and now I trying implement this in current script-system :)

Now I think about mission for I44 (Battle of the Bulge as example) ;)

Some info :) Now this pack updated with new missions (1 Utes, 1 Chernarus, 2 Thirsk (Summer/Winter)), added few fixes for MP, added different names for missions (e.g. Operation "Red Dawn" ;) ). When all tests will finished, then this pack will be released :)

That is excellent news! Keep up the good work :D

BTW I noticed that in Takistan mission the empty A10 in the US base has no vehicle init script like all other empty vehicles (which I assume is its re spawn script?) ... not sure if that was supposed to be the case.

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Screenshots:

screenshot01t.th.jpg screenshot03b.th.jpg

arma2oa2011090713193635.th.jpg arma2oa2011090713183200.th.jpg

Changelog:

• New missions
  • Mission names
  • Transport marker
  • ACE compatibility improvement
  • Comm menu fixes
  • AI First Aid Support update
  • AI recruitment

All additional information you can find in readme.

Edited by DAP

Thanks for the update DAP.

You are welcome :) Transport markers works properly? They was tested only in SP :)

I also have to thank DAP. Huge Step forward in this Mission. Very appreciated. :)