Sign in to follow this  

has there been any word if it will be available on Steam? i haven't seen anything about the possibility on here.

available? most likely

needed for play? hell no!

If you're referring that Steam is needed to play Bohemia Interactive's games, then you are wrong, All of the ArmA games can be played without Steam and automatic updates can also be turned off for each game.

The only difference is that with Sprocket more money goes to the developers. That is good, but that is also bad, because if anyone here asks where they should get the game, it's like walking into a damn shoe store. Pushy salesmen. People promoting Sprocket like they are shoe salesmen.

I can almost guarantee that it will be on Steam. I recall reading somewhere that Steam really brought in a LOT more revenue for Bohemia Interactive, so that's why they started releasing their games on Steam.

If you're referring that Steam is needed to play Bohemia Interactive's games, then you are wrong, All of the ArmA games can be played without Steam and automatic updates can also be turned off for each game.

The only difference is that with Sprocket more money goes to the developers. That is good, but that is also bad, because if anyone here asks where they should get the game, it's like walking into a damn shoe store. Pushy salesmen. People promoting Sprocket like they are shoe salesmen.

No i'm not, if I were to digitally download a BIS game Sprocket would be the only thing for me

I recall reading somewhere that Steam really brought in a LOT more revenue for Bohemia Interactive, so that's why they started releasing their games on Steam.

:/ Your logic fails me.

Lets say Bohimia gets 20€ per copy from sprocket and 15€/copy from steam.

And they sell 1000 copies on sprocket and 10000 on steam. Then sprocket is a bad deal for Bohimia?

They technically get more cash from steam but if they had sold all 11000 copies on steam they would have gotten less money overall.

All numbers in this post are pulled out of thin air.

Obviously releasing their games on as many platforms as possible is the best option, since it raises visibility.

:/ Your logic fails me.

Lets say Bohimia gets 20€ per copy from sprocket and 15€/copy from steam.

And they sell 1000 copies on sprocket and 10000 on steam. Then sprocket is a bad deal for Bohimia?

They technically get more cash from steam but if they had sold all 11000 copies on steam they would have gotten less money overall.

All numbers in this post are pulled out of thin air.

First of all, can you please point out to me where I said they made the most money on Steam?

I said that Steam brought in a lot more revenue, not the most revenue. As I said, I recall reading a interview with Maruk where he said Steam really helped them. Steam has a very, very large user base so I can see how it would bring in a lot more revenue, if not the most. Yesterday when I looked, I believe Steam had roughly 4 million members online. (Hell, there are 3.5 million on right now, in the middle of the day.) That is a very large user base compared to what Sprocket probably has.

One last example of the power of Steam - EA is not releasing Battlefield 3 on Steam, I've heard of a lot a people that aren't going to purchase it, just because it is not on Steam. Although, probably not enough to effect their sales. But if a "strike" such as this were to happen with Bohemia, they might be in some trouble.

Edited by Nicholas

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. Please advise me.

Hi, here's is a great advise: be more clear when you post

Before riding a bicycle, always check the brakes.

When in doubt, whip it out!

When skydiving, it is advisable to not forget the parachute