Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

F-16 falcon finished and released

lol, sounds like you're pretty excited. biggrin.gif Though i couldnt of done it without the help of Indy from the G8 Mod, he imported it into ofp.

AHHH why is it Italian. I know that you made it for the G8 mod but it's a USAF plane. Any chance you'll make a USAF version. All you really need to do is change the Italian symbol to the USAF one and make it so there is an american pilot instead of the Italian one. Looks awsome though. Nice work.

the italians also have an f-16. Well, maybe only 2 or 3...but ive done it for the G8 mod, and textures are not by me, only the model.

Ask colourchanger. smile.gif

yeah ... F16's are over te place now ... i dont think the USAF use them much now ... since the  F/A-18's came out, and kinda out did em....

hell i saw the news pakistan had one ...

and us here in New Zealand were looking at getting a few ... but then our airforce got shut down =biggrin.gif

damn our government wanting our country to be a place of peace =biggrin.gif "lol i am not sure if that was the reason ... i think it was cozz the jets we had were due for retierment, and  alot of ppl here didnt wanna waste tones of money for stuff we will prolly never use"

No, the F/A-18 lost the airforce fighter competition to the F-16. They are operated by the Navy.

hhhmmmm maybe ... but there are  mainland vierants of the F/A-18, aswell ... and they still do a hell of a job ....

pluss the  F16's are kinda old now .... i forgotten how long they have been inforce for now ... but they are starting to sell them off ... i am not sure what is replaceing them ....

"new F16's??? with updated stuff in them"

i dunno .. i dont realy follow much on airforce stuff ...

F-16s are still extremely prominent in teh USAF them and F-15s for fighters, but the F22 and JSF are gunna be slowing replacing em, adn the USAF has no F-18s they are for navy carriers

the F-16 is anythin but old, it is still in production, and they are upgrading their current models upto block 55-60 (new avionics, conformal fuel tanks and the such)

and yeah, the F/A-18 was the loser of the competion of what was the F-16 vs the F-17.

anyway, enough of me

gj im gonna go try it now biggrin.gif

Whoa I just test flew these things and one of the versions of the AA version is overly menueverable. I keep going into uncontrollable spins that end up crashing my plane. Also the fuel tank on the bottom doesnt look like it's textured right. But its pretty cool other than that. I still want an American version.

ah ok ..... anyways .... the F/A 18s are fugly looking things ... F-16 look mint =p

i suggest u make one with a mixed arment i hate having things cluttering up my lists in mission editor, also i suggest u just make on fm for the joystick people on lfy with mouse or joystick.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M|N|0N @ May 30 2002,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah ... F16's are over te place now ... i dont think the USAF use them much now ... since the  F/A-18's came out, and kinda out did em....

hell i saw the news pakistan had one ...

and us here in New Zealand were looking at getting a few ... but then our airforce got shut down =biggrin.gif

damn our government wanting our country to be a place of peace =biggrin.gif "lol i am not sure if that was the reason ... i think it was cozz the jets we had were due for retierment, and  alot of ppl here didnt wanna waste tones of money for stuff we will prolly never use"<span id='postcolor'>

You are completly clueless arent you? The USAF doesnt and will never use F/a-18's seeing as how the hornet is a navy plane. The 16 beat the 18 in every test they did. THe 18 has two engines and so its better for the navy. For the rest..... the 16 can kick the 18's ass any day. Ive spoken to falcon jockeys who dogfought against hornets ....... and there is really no contest. The hornet does a great job as a carrier strike fighter but its easy pickings for a falcon. Ive seen US navy pilots get hammered by dutch falcon pilots .... the hornet doesnt turn and accerate like a falcon does. Fu

rthemore pakistan has an entire squadron of falcons ... they shot down indian su-7 or something with them. The f-16 C/D is the mainstay of the US airforce ... they never used a single F-18 hornet. Get your facts straight before posting.

There is one thing you have to remember its a F/A-18. Fighter/Attack aircraft. It was designed for both a fighter and attack aircraft roll. The Navy had the F-14 to cover its figther rolll. The F/A-18 was designed to fill the Attack aircraft roll and as a fighter to protect itself.

True, but one of the F-16's primary missions is Close Air Support. One of the biggest advantages of the F-16 is that it's a highly effective dual role fighter/attack aircraft....just because it isn't called an F/A-16 doesn't mean it can't do it, and do it well. biggrin.gif

Don´t forget the Super Hornet...

I wouldnt think about Hornet or Falcon, just about Tomcat or Eagle wink.gif

supah:

you are a prick!....

if ya read the posts ya would have seen we had already sorted it! so STFU, i never EVER!!! said that pakistan used F/A-18's d@#k head!

i should have said f16's is what i saw on the News  ....

anyways i dunno jack about US aircrafts ... cozz i have just gotten into flight sims...

anyways ya info has tought me something new .... even tho i hated how ya posted makeing me look like an fewl ... could read the rest of the posts ya would have seen we had sorted it ....

anyways...

Red Oct : dude .. .the texturer is still realy busy ... aswell i am =biggrin.gif

i still have to make the cockpit... but last week i had time to work on my A-6 Intruder biggrin.gif , and it is almost done ... but the polys are rocketing up ... so i might make it a recon plane and  make a bomber version with 2  big ass bombs on the inner wings.....  we will see ... i just have to make the  langing gears and  poly up a few area's on the body =)

The main design problems (as i see them are):

- Like Kegetys Hawk, if you want to turn a little, you end up doinig 3-4 rolls. The rolling rate is simply to high.

- The plane has a permanent afterburner, even on land with the engine off or crashed on the ground. It would bw better to leave the flame out if it can't be turned off.

- It doesn't have danish markings - man, what where you thinking about? biggrin.gif (obviously a bug)

Just my thoughts...

Mads

The afterburner is a huge problem....It cannot be turned off when it has crashed or when the engine is turned off, and if you take the afterburner off alltogether, it won't be that realistic.

Wouldn't it be possible to make the afterburners an option in the action menu, just like the flaps and the landing gear, so that you can choose them from the menu when u push enter?

That doesn't seem to hard to fix

Yes, with a little bit of scripting. But i dont know anything about scripts though biggrin.gif

Just uploading the addon to OFPEC....

Hey, i've just sprayed a parked f-16 with a pk and it seems that it can't be hit! confused.gif