Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

What i need to load on the server and client side to work ONLY WW4 animations?

In the ww4 2.5 download, there's a "Bonus" folder, inside of it there is a folder named "ww4 anims only" that should contain what you need.

@Sanctuary

Thank you for this great mod! I really like it. :thumbsup:

One question though... :o

Is it possible to make throwing grenades enabled while running and pointing your weapon down? :confused:

With current configuration some players (from ww4 LOL server) and me find it difficult to throw grenades while running. I know you can throw a grenade with weapon up animation, however it is easy to forget when you run during a firefight that you have choose a grande as weapon then press R to raise your rifle and only then you can throw grenades. The only option is to stop to throw that grenade.

Don't get me wrong I really love animations in ww4 2.5 mod, but with original animation pack throwing grenades was easier.

Icarus :)

ohh

new version uploaded,very welldone sanctuary,

going to try this one.

@Sanctuary

Thank you for this great mod! I really like it. :thumbsup:

One question though... :o

Is it possible to make throwing grenades enabled while running and pointing your weapon down? :confused:

With current configuration some players (from ww4 LOL server) and me find it difficult to throw grenades while running. I know you can throw a grenade with weapon up animation, however it is easy to forget when you run during a firefight that you have choose a grande as weapon then press R to raise your rifle and only then you can throw grenades. The only option is to stop to throw that grenade.

Don't get me wrong I really love animations in ww4 2.5 mod, but with original animation pack throwing grenades was easier.

Icarus :)

Yes, the grenade throwing while running/sprinting has been annoying me since forever as i have not been able to find a solution without removing the ability to lower/shoulder the rifle, it's just the way the config is done to allow this that is preventing to throw a grenade while running if you have the weapon pointing down.

So for the next release, when i'll get back the motivation to resume work on it; will see a MP version of the config in which i'll simplify the ww4 animation system bu simply removing the ability to lower the rifle, the soldier running and sprinting will then always have it on the hip as it was before.

That's the only solution i can see to this annoyance.

One animation issue I've seen is the standing AT posture. In MP it's not a big problem, but it would be nice to be able to lay down to fire AT's. This seems to change depending on the type of terrain that you're on. If you're not on flat level ground you just move backwards using shift+s.

The big problem I see with this is in SP when you have a dumb AI standing upright out of cover trying to fire a rocket at something.

One animation issue I've seen is the standing AT posture. In MP it's not a big problem, but it would be nice to be able to lay down to fire AT's. This seems to change depending on the type of terrain that you're on. If you're not on flat level ground you just move backwards using shift+s.

I'm not sure what is the problem as you can lay down at any time while having the AT shouldered by pressing back+turbo key ?

For the AI,i'm not sure how to make them using a kneeling animation by default (as they're unable to think by themselves for when they should lay down or kneel) without it impacting the player animation, and without using any script.

@sanctuary

when i tried ww4 armor it showing crew addon missing?

hi,

Damn I love this mod especially the AI spotting and firing range. Since 10 years I was never able to have decent AI without scripting or tricking like hell. Your mod is not only performance friendly because of the optimized models and textures but it's also performance friendly because you don't have to babysit AI by using heavy scripting. Your idea to disable radio to allow more ressources to AI and to make the chopper gun turn at 360° were brillant. I can't wait to play the v3.0.

After I declare all my love for your mod :D I have few suggestions:

- Radio operator class and a weapon radio (like BAS satcom and BAS type 63 radio)

- Forward air observer class and a weapon laserDesignator.

- Enable the laserscan for the Su25 for east and west balance and include it in WW4 BIS Vehicle.

- Make AA missiles to allow dogfight (r73 and sidewinder)

- Make different loadout for A10 and Su25 (AA, tank buster, multirole, CAS) and include it in WW4 BIS Vehicle.

- Static weapon mortar.

That's all for now :p but I will be back with more suggestions (I guess)

Thanks again for your great work.

cya.

Nikiller.

Keep suggestions coming, maybe somehow it will bring me some motivation to get back to work on this instead of doing productive things :D .

when i tried ww4 armor it showing crew addon missing?

None reported that to me yet, and i don't have this problem.

Are you 100% sure you have installed the current mod from the 1st post of the thread correctly, and have not tried to mix several mods into one badly ?

what i did,i downloaded patch from ofpr.info.

ww4_veh size is 35 MB in 2.1 version and in patch it is 26 MB.

what i did,i downloaded patch from ofpr.info.

ww4_veh size is 35 MB in 2.1 version and in patch it is 26 MB.

You need to download only ver 2.5 and patch for it. Both can be found on ofpr.info website (link below):

WW4 Modpack 2.5 & patch 1

And if you have previous versions of this mod - delete them first and only then install this latest ver.

hi,

I have few more suggestions (again :p):

- Combat diver class

- Custom call signs (i.e sandman 3 or Diver team alpha or Saboteur squad) would be cool.

- Tweak V80 (kamov) to allow infantry AI to fire on it when it's in the air (at least machinegunners) and include it in WW4 BIS vehicles.

- Increase grenade launcher dispersion on all WW4 armor since they're pretty strong and can win a mission by themself :D.

- Different AT ammo (AA, AT, AP, ALL...) for SMAW and RPG.

- UAV acting like a chopper (pilot+gunner) with LaserDesignatorOH weapon + UAV acting like a plane with HellfireLauncherCobra/HellfireLauncherHind weapon for east and west. The idea is the 2 UAVs chopper+plane could work together. Chopper paint the target and the plane destroy it. A V80_optika with a big maxFov would be nice for the optic. Moreover there's no scripting needed since player can order the AI or AI do the job by themself.

BTW, I think I found a bug (not big deal) I don't know if it has been allready reported. When you grab a vympel or a javelin launcher from an ammo crate (direct hit) and (top down) dispear in the action menu.

crate's init field

this addMagazineCargo ["WW4_VympelMag",10]; this addWeaponCargo ["WW4_VympelLauncher",10]; this addMagazineCargo ["WW4_JavelinMag",10]; this addWeaponCargo ["WW4_JavelinLauncher",10]

Here's some pics because my english is so crappy that I fear nobody understand what I mean.

Vympel/Javelin taken from crate:

mini_977266ww4launcherbug3.jpgmini_686966ww4launcherbug4.jpg

Rifleman allready equiped with Vympel/Javelin:

mini_822556ww4launcherbug1.jpgmini_890764ww4launcherbug2.jpg

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller
added UAV suggestion

That's strange, it seems that the correct display names only appear when you reload the launcher you took from the crate (as when you take it there's no ammo inside).

No idea why the launcher when empty and taken from ammo crate does not display the correct firemode names, because if you shoot a launcher that is loaded , the now empty launcher keep the correct firemode name.

I downloaded the mod, especially like the vehicles. I have a suggestion: Perhaps you could add Everon Forces some aircraft, such as the AH-1 and UH-1 of the SEB Nam Pack with your camo, would be very nice.

I have not played OFP in years, and I just tried it again with ECP and this mod. I have to say that it is amazing!

I have some questions about WW4 weapons.

Is there a chance that we will see shotguns in WW4?

I made a mission where I had to clear a whole town of enemy forces, and I thought it would be very good to have some units with shotguns for these urban missions.

An Auto Assault-12 (AA-12) is something that comes to my mind. with regular and explosive ammo :)

I was also wondering if you plan to make WW4 static guns? Would be nice to have the M2's without the light during night missions.

I love your mod and I think it is the best around!

hey there sanc i was wondering which part in the config has the speed of how infantry move. Like for example when they are aiming down the sights and walking much apprecation thx

hey there sanc i was wondering which part in the config has the speed of how infantry move. Like for example when they are aiming down the sights and walking much apprecation thx

in each anim class (inside the class CfgMovesMC of the main config) there's a speed = ..... that define at what speed the rtm will play, lowering or increasing the value will make the rtm being played more or less quick, and for walking should increase the speed or lower it.

For walking while aiming, it's in

class CombatWalkF:Default

Is there a chance that we will see shotguns in WW4?

I made a mission where I had to clear a whole town of enemy forces, and I thought it would be very good to have some units with shotguns for these urban missions.

An Auto Assault-12 (AA-12) is something that comes to my mind. with regular and explosive ammo

I was also wondering if you plan to make WW4 static guns? Would be nice to have the M2's without the light during night missions.

I wanted to include 1 western and 1 eastern shotgun, just didn't found the time to devote to this, hopefully next release.

Didn't thought about static guns, i'll see if i can summon enough motivation and energy.

I downloaded the mod, especially like the vehicles. I have a suggestion: Perhaps you could add Everon Forces some aircraft, such as the AH-1 and UH-1 of the SEB Nam Pack with your camo, would be very nice.

I have a few ground vehicles that are always in the work since a lot of time, but eventually i'll get to add some air vehicles too, but considering my current level of motivation, it will take time.

Now, considering Megaupload that was one of the only file hosting that wasn't deleting files regularly has been killed, it means the ressources packs that were always hosted by Megaupload (all the other links being long dead due to every other host deleting regularly files that aren't active enough) are then no more.

I'll re-upload but it will take some time before i can do all of them. I just hope i always have them in my archives.

Edited by Sanctuary

hi,

I found a bug (easy to fix). Soldier AA (east and west) fires on tanks :D. I suggest to add irlock=0 for AA class in the next release.

class AA:CarlGustav
	{
	hit=400;
	indirectHit=150;
	indirectHitRange=2;
	minRange=50;
	minRangeProbab=0.5;
	midRange=400;
	midRangeProbab=0.95;
	maxRange=1200;
	maxRangeProbab=0.3;
	airLock=1;
	[color="#FF0000"]irLock=0;[/color]
	cost=10000;
	manualControl=0;
	maxControlRange=1000;
	maxSpeed=350;
	thrustTime=3.0;
	thrust=1000;
	maneuvrability=4.0;
	};

class 9K32:AA
	{
	};

cya.

Nikiller.

It's not a bug, it has always been like that, a AA soldier will give priority to air targets (because the air vehicle have a higher cost = .... line in the config making it more attractive for the AI able to shoot air and ground and their threat line have higher value for air than ground) but they are able to engage ground vehicles too.

Maybe i'll decrease the threat line of the AA soldiers to give them less "want" against the ground vehicle though.

Anyways, as with the recent Megaupload servers and affiliated websites being killed , it meant that tons of files have been lost, and the ww4 modder ressources despite fully legal disappeared too.

So thanks to Mirrorcreator , here are a bunch of links to find them again, don't wait too much though as more file hosting website could get caught in the current file hosting witch hunt and lead into more links becoming dead.

Modder Ressource Pack 1

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0JCLBWBX/WW4ressource2.rar_links

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/WW4ressource2.rar

Modder Ressource Pack 2

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/FV6Z6EKX/ww4_ressoww42.rar_links

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/ww4_ressoww42.rar

Modder Ressource Pack 3

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/03QXJEIG/WW4ressource3.rar_links

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/WW4ressource3.rar

Modder Ressource Pack 4 (mlods of every ww4 units and weapons)

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1UGS4ADV/WW4ressource45.rar_links

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/WW4ressource45.rar

Modder Ressource Pack 5 (a lot of self made camo patterns, before wrinkles have been applied)

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0FNSSOPM/sanc-camo.rar_links

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/sanc-camo.rar

Modder Ressource Pack 6 (MLODs of every BIS replacement WW4 soldiers)

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/BWOZONOQ/ww4_rpl_MLODS.rar_links

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/ww4_rpl_MLODS.rar

Modder Ressource PLUS (28 more weapon MLODs)

http://www.mediafire.com/?u5ra01b8554bng4

( OFP.info mirrors thanks to Rellikki )

IMPORTANT :

You are free to use those ressources for your own addons and modifications, no need to contact me for permissions.

Edited by Sanctuary

hi,

It's not a bug, it has always been like that, a AA soldier will give priority to air targets (because the air vehicle have a higher cost = .... line in the config making it more attractive for the AI able to shoot air and ground and their threat line have higher value for air than ground) but they are able to engage ground vehicles too.

Maybe i'll decrease the threat line of the AA soldiers to give them less "want" against the ground vehicle though.

Ho ok I never paid attention about that :). Thanks for the tip ;) and sorry for alse bug report :o.

cya.

Nikiller.

@Sanctuary keep up the great work on your Mod :)