Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

This is the BIS smoke and fire effect, there's definitively something wrong in the mod folders you are using , because i modified the default smoke and fire effect in the config.cpp, so if you are seeing the BIS effect it is because when you're playing, the game is not using the config.cpp of the @ww4mod25 but is using another that has the BIS standard smoke/effect.

Be sure that the @ww4mod25 is in the end of the mod=... target line

Because it is the modpack listed at the end that take priority.

-mod=@packofaddon1;@packofaddon2;@ww4mod25

NOT

-mod=@ww4mod25;@packofaddon1;@packofaddon2

Because in the last case if @packofaddon1 or @packofaddon2 have their own main config.cpp, they will take priority over the one from @ww4mod25

all players has ww4 at the end of shortcut i seen when they connect to server and i have last element in OFPwatch the ww4mod

Try to play offline with only :

-mod=@ww4mod25

And tells me if you see the WW4 (works for me in SP, and worked for people that i played with during development) explosion and fire effects.

all players has ww4 at the end of shortcut i seen when they connect to server and i have last element in OFPwatch the ww4mod

Well not me. After my fresh system install I used the same folder load order I had before with WW4 at the end and it caused a mini crash and I had no game sound, but Windows sounds continued. After an hour of frustration, reinstalling the mod and updating drivers I filtered the mod folders and found if I chaged the load order and moved WW4 in the middle I had sounds again.

Remember Incubus I added the vehicle patch to the server, maybe all players didin't install it yet?

Ah ok, that's something different from what i was thinking, this can't be responsible of what Incubus is seeing.

With this pbo update or without, it does not change the fact that in Incubus video it is plain BIS explosion and cloudlet

And if using the config.cpp of @ww4mod25 as the main config it's impossible considering i changed those cloudlet definition in the config itself (size/speed and colors of the particles have changed and are totally different from the video, and the orange/yellow particles are replaced by fire particle, while in the video it is the BIS orange/yellow one appearing in the explosion).

(and that even without the scripted explosion and fire effect that is attached to every vehicles in ww4)

I don't know what is exactly the problem, especially if you guys are sure that the @ww4mod25 config.cpp is the -only- main config used and none has modified it, but it is very strange.

Try to play offline with only :

-mod=@ww4mod25

And tells me if you see the WW4 (works for me in SP, and worked for people that i played with during development) explosion and fire effects.

strange...

just tried, same no effect. only ww4mod nothing more, no ECP, no any addonpacks.

@Zulu: yes vehicles what u sent... i forgot to replace too :j:

Can you upload the config.cpp of your @ww4mod25\bin\ folder so i can give a look to make some comparison ?

Because if you see the BIS particles like in your video if playing with -only- @ww4mod25, there's no way this config.cpp is the one that came with the @ww4mod25 download in the 1st page (especially as other people have confirmed that they see the effects).

If you look at their website they use a ton of addons with the ww4 mod as well. I know he states that it is vanilla ww4 but I just went in and simulated that video and the tank I killed burned with flames for a long time (some reason I am getting black screenshots out of my screenshot program so I can't upload the pics)

A bad addon was what i was thinking, but if Incubus do not see any effect and see the BIS particles when using only @ww4mod25 , i can only see the source of the problem being the config that is not the original one from the ww4 download.

So for you it looks like it's normal, i wonder why for Incubus it's completely different if you're all using the same addons packs.

I did further testing on the server;

Editor in local host mode on the server, proper fire and smoke.

Saved to MP missions and connected to server on server, proper fire and smoke.

Connected to server via LAN on game computer and again proper fire and smoke.

You guys must be running ZekMod or something that also has Bin or Dta folders that is over-riding WW4. This doesnt really make sense though if you're loading WW4mod last.

My test mission is on the server, it's 123.intro. Try it tomorrow Inc. and see what happens.

edit....another MP addon list bug is "WW4_earmy". I had to add it manually. It poped up also on one of the conversion missions also.

Edited by Zulu1
oh btw...

i just tried ur test mission Zulu.

same. no boom or big fire.

i have no other mod ECP, Zekmod or any other loaded in.

only lol addons and after ww4mod.

lol addons hasnt got config file only addons in one folder named addons ;).

no clue why i cant see the effect and i know im not the only one.

yesterday 4 players said no effect visible.

and i not remember ever seen this effect in ww4mod MP or even in SP since released.

damn looks great on ur vid Z.

my config.cpp from ww4mod folder:

thanks for help Sanct and Z.

Edited by Incubus

@Incubus

I quickly looked at your config.cpp and indeed, it is NOT the ww4mod25 config.cpp

- that config does not have the eventhandlers allowing the explosion fire effect

- it does not have the modified cloudlet sections

and probably more.

I don't know where you downloaded this modified config.cpp, but i can only suggest to redownload the mod from the 1st post of this thread in case there is more than the config.cpp that is different from the real ww4 mod 25 release.

And tell all your friends to do the same, as if they're using that config.cpp too, they're not using really the ww4 mod 25

(and don't forget the Patch 1 too)

edit....another MP addon list bug is "WW4_earmy". I had to add it manually. It poped up also on one of the conversion missions also.

Thanks for this report, i checked and it looks like i forgot to add the vympel wielding soldiers in the CfgPatches unit list of that specific addon, meaning that if you have a Rifleman Vympel from the East Army (W) or (D) on the mission, it's going to puzzle multiplayer.

Will get that fixed for patch 2

Edited by Sanctuary

Hey Sanc,

In the Silent Killer mission I am getting a similar iron sight like this one (but the MP5 version actually, I am having issues getting screenshots and this is the closest thing I can find to it online):

Stock Iron sight example

Is there a WW4 replacement? I would love to see something besides the stock mp5 iron sight.

Edited by njmatrix

The '85 weapons are not replaced, they're always BIS weapons and sights.

I'll see if i can get some mission conversion with patch 2 using ww4 troops and weapons if i find the motivation.

@Incubus

I quickly looked at your config.cpp and indeed, it is NOT the ww4mod25 config.cpp

- that config does not have the eventhandlers allowing the explosion fire effect

- it does not have the modified cloudlet sections

and probably more.

its shocked me :eek:

can u believe me im not downloaded any different config inserted to ww4 modfolder and coming here to laugh on me for this. im not dumb to do that.

no idea why its happened, is it possible any other config file overwrote this one?

well np :) dl-ing again and replace whole modfolder.

thanks for help again.

EDIT: i reinstalled mod, the config file really different same date, but different size. im sure not me modified or changed it (why can i do that?).

but what about others who has same problem? ill try to keep investigate this weird thing :)

Edited by Incubus

Sanctuary,

A couple of small bugs to report.

Since we play in vet mode it dosen't matter, but in cadet mode where tags are visible the Medic tag says Rifleman.

It's probably one of those odd muliplayer things but a couple of times I've run out of ammo and the round/magazine counter says 0. I look at my gear in the briefing book and it shows I have plenty of magazines. I dropped my gun and picked it back up again and it was OK then.

For the medic, it must be because i setup the accuracy too high, as my goal was to make it so you couldn't recognize a medic from a normal rifleman at long distance, i will try with lowering it to see if the medic tag appear only when not too far and is not visible anymore at long distance.

For the ammo, i'm rather puzzled.

So i can check in configs, what was the rifle, and the soldier you were using then ?

Did you picked up ammo from some crate before noticing this problem ?

Sanctuary,

A couple of small bugs to report.

Since we play in vet mode it dosen't matter, but in cadet mode where tags are visible the Medic tag says Rifleman.

It's probably one of those odd muliplayer things but a couple of times I've run out of ammo and the round/magazine counter says 0. I look at my gear in the briefing book and it shows I have plenty of magazines. I dropped my gun and picked it back up again and it was OK then.

i seen some weapons has 2 types of magazines in briefing.

JAM and the default. i think thats why another addonpack using paralell with ww4mod.

i seen some weapons has 2 types of magazines in briefing.

JAM and the default. i think thats why another addonpack using paralell with ww4mod.

That might be it. The next time it happens I'll look at the reload option in the action menu.

Just a note, in the Gear tab, the WW4 ammos are using a JAM picture (but the weapons use my own self made pictures), didn't have the time and motivation yet to make WW4 version of ammo pictures.

So if an ammo in your Gear tab is not displayed with a JAM2 pictures, chances are that they're not from the mod.

You can check WeaponClasses.txt (in ...\@ww4mod25\ClassesNames\ ) to see every ammo a specific ww4 weapon can use.