Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

WW4 Modpack 2.5

That is because you're not using the WW4 animations, you're using another animation replacement in the screenshot.

The models were made to fit the WW4 anims :

zreGH.jpg

To add this to the WW4 config, open the config.cpp from the @ww4mod25\bin\

Look for :

class WeaponHolder:ReammoBox
	{
	scope=1;
	model="\misc\dummyweapon.p3d";
	accuracy=0.2;
	forceSupply=1;
	showWeaponCargo=1;
	transportMaxMagazines=1000000000.0;
	transportMaxWeapons=1000000000.0;
	displayName="";

class TransportMagazines
		{
		};
	};

class SecondaryWeaponHolder:WeaponHolder
	{
	model="\misc\dummyweapon2.p3d";
	};

and replace with :

class WeaponHolder:ReammoBox
	{
	scope=1;
	model="\misc\dummyweapon.p3d";
	accuracy=0.2;
	forceSupply=1;
	showWeaponCargo=1;
	transportMaxMagazines=1000000000.0;
	transportMaxWeapons=1000000000.0;
	displayName="";

class TransportMagazines
		{
		};

class Eventhandlers
		{
		init="_this exec ""\ammobugcleaner\scripts\event_init.sqs"";";
		};
	};

class SecondaryWeaponHolder:WeaponHolder
	{
	model="\misc\dummyweapon2.p3d";

class Eventhandlers
		{
		init="_this exec ""\ammobugcleaner\scripts\event_init.sqs"";";
		};
	};

And of course add the pbo for the ammo bug into @ww4mod25\addons\

If some people can test this enough on the conditions (several people, dedicaced servers) that usually create the ammo bug and can report that this ammo bug fix is truly working without side effects, i may then implement it (with credit to Poweruser[RS] of course added to the WW4 intro) in patch 2.

But before implementing it i would like to request a way to detect if the current game is online or offline, as i don't want a script fixing an MP bug being run constantly for a SP game in which this bug does not happen.

I don't know how to do that myself, as the server game logic trick may only be used to see if a script is ran by a server or a client, not a way to detect if it's MP or SP.

Any idea ?

(if there's no way to do that, i could release an alternative config with patch 2 with this implemented anyways)

Edited by Sanctuary

But before implementing it i would like to request a way to detect if the current game is online or offline, as i don't want a script fixing an MP bug being run constantly for a SP game in which this bug does not happen.

I don't know how to do that myself, as the server game logic trick may only be used to see if a script is ran by a server or a client, not a way to detect if it's MP or SP.

Any idea ?

(if there's no way to do that, i could release an alternative config with patch 2 with this implemented anyways)

The new CWA command isServer will only activate in multiplayer mode, you could use that.

But the script does not have a client/server check, meaning that it is/must be running for everyone ?

If i use the IsServer command, it would have the script only detecting if it is running on server, not if the game is currently played online or offline (as it would return false for a client that is playing online).

Another way to check whether it's an online game would be the playersNumber command.

Return count of players playing on given side. Works only in multiplayer, in singleplayer always returns 0.
Edited by Rellikki

If some people can test this enough on the conditions (several people, dedicaced servers) that usually create the ammo bug and can report that this ammo bug fix is truly working without side effects, i may then implement it (with credit to Poweruser[RS] of course added to the WW4 intro) in patch 2.

Now tested on Recon WW4 server and works fine :) Ammo bug cleaned.

Some bug reports:

The new BRDMs' gunners are invincible, they cannot be shot.

There's a transparency problem with the FAVs' backlights, which makes the tires and the shadow on the ground disappear. I realize this is an "engine limit", but perhaps the size of the backlights should be reduced to make it less obvious.

Now tested on Recon WW4 server and works fine :) Ammo bug cleaned.

Thank you for the report.

With Rellikki trick allowing me to turn off the script for when people play in SP, it will make it in patch 2 with Poweruser[RS] added in the intro cutscene to credit his work.

Some bug reports:

The new BRDMs' gunners are invincible, they cannot be shot.

There's a transparency problem with the FAVs' backlights, which makes the tires and the shadow on the ground disappear. I realize this is an "engine limit", but perhaps the size of the backlights should be reduced to make it less obvious.

Thanks i didn't noticed i made mistakes with the BRDM lods , that's fixed now, as it's an important bug gameplay-wise, i upload the fixed version of the ww4_veh.pbo here for people that use the WW4 BRDM in their missions :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0v0hhp

It will be of course a part of the patch 2.

I lowered the size of the back lights for the FAV, it does not seem to make the shadow disappear anymore, included in the download too.

Thanks i didn't noticed i made mistakes with the BRDM lods , that's fixed now, as it's an important bug gameplay-wise, i upload the fixed version of the ww4_veh.pbo here for people that use the WW4 BRDM in their missions

thanks, its an important stuff. i was angry about this sometimes before, in my Mudilov mission was hard to kill brdm but easy to kill gunner now as i imagined when i made the mission.

Q: ww4_veh.pbo must change server and client side too?

ABC fix is very useful on MP server sometimes, when sby load too many stuff into vehicles and makes huuuge ammo bug. it can makes the game unplayable after that incident and generate stress in players after x minutes gameplay.

thanks for ur job Sanct.

To be honest i don't know, just to be safe it would be better that both client and server have the same files.

Ok I know this isn't the editing area but trying to add the WW4 weapons to a vehicle but they aren't showing. I am using the following line as a test in the init box:

_truck addWeaponCargo ["WW4_M16Acog",5]

But the weapon isn't showing up in the truck or in the ammo crate I made. Any help?

Worked fine for me, njmatrix. There might be something wrong with your variable _truck. Or perhaps it's already full of equipment?

If you write exactly what you have in the quote into the init line of a vehicle , it will not work.

You must write then :

NameOfTheTruck addWeaponCargo ["WW4_M16Acog",5]

with NameOfTheTruck being the actual name of the truck

or

this addWeaponCargo ["WW4_M16Acog",5]

If you write exactly what you have in the quote into the init line of a vehicle , it will not work.

You must write then :

NameOfTheTruck addWeaponCargo ["WW4_M16Acog",5]

with NameOfTheTruck being the actual name of the truck

or

this addWeaponCargo ["WW4_M16Acog",5]

OK not sure what I did but that worked thank you. I may have left out a bracket or something. Anyways thanks for the help. Obviously I am not a mission maker but I am working on one to see how I do.

i made this way in my last mission:

[this] exec "crate1.sqs";

and crate1 is:

_gun = _this select 0

clearweaponcargo _gun;
clearmagazinecargo _gun;

_gun AddWeaponCargo ["WW4_AKSUPK01A", 2]
_gun AddWeaponCargo ["WW4_AKSUPSO", 5]
_gun AddWeaponCargo ["WW4_VSS", 4]
_gun addWeaponCargo ["WW4_GrozaGP25", 6];
_gun addWeaponCargo ["WW4_FALScout", 2];
_gun addWeaponCargo ["WW4_V94", 4];
_gun addWeaponCargo ["WW4_RPGLauncher", 4];
_gun addWeaponCargo ["WW4_GrozaPSO", 4];
_gun addWeaponCargo ["ww4_RPK74Kobra", 4];

_gun AddMagazineCargo ["WW4_E545_30mag", 20]
_gun AddMagazineCargo ["WW4_VOG25Vest", 5]
_gun AddMagazineCargo ["WW4_E9x39_20SDmag", 20]
_gun Addmagazinecargo ["WW4_E9x39_20mag",30]
_gun addMagazineCargo ["WW4_W762_20mag", 30];
_gun addMagazineCargo ["WW4_W127_10mag", 15];
_gun addMagazineCargo ["WW4_E127_10mag", 15];
_gun addMagazineCargo ["WW4_RPGLauncher", 10];
_gun addMagazineCargo ["WW4_E545M_75mag", 30];

exit

works fine

Edited by Incubus

can u add blow sound for apcs in next patch please?

im tired to add custom blow and fire script (and always forget it :))

thanks

I don't know what you are talking about, because every vehicles have custom explosion and fire script already in WW4 2.5 (they can be disabled by adding a WW4 game logic)

Are you using a custom main config that could be missing the required eventhandlers entry ?

Yeah i did a car bomb and it worked fine. I am not sure what hes talking about. The vehicles near by exploded as well. All with sounds and flames. Also again off topic but I am using Win8 and cant find the user missions I am working on to add in briefings and stuff. I am sure it is similar to Win7 but I cant find where that would be either.

Edited by njmatrix

On window vista and seven, missions are not saved anymore in the regular folder but are saved in :

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma Cold War Assault\

or

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\

While i'm under XP , i can't be sure, but i often read that it is what happens if you install a program in c:\program files

So, maybe if you install OFP or CWA directly in c:\ instead of their default path that end into c:\program files\ , your mission may be saved in the correct folder.

That was it thank you!!! now I can get to fumbling through this mission I am working and try n make it look pretty. thanks for the help Sanc

I don't know what you are talking about, because every vehicles have custom explosion and fire script already in WW4 2.5 (they can be disabled by adding a WW4 game logic)

Are you using a custom main config that could be missing the required eventhandlers entry ?

now on MP server and even in SP when we hit an APC no blow up sound, only smoking a bit.

as i know all with players happen same

we have no custom main config as far as i know.