Sign in to follow this  
suma

ARMA 2: OA beta build 84108

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[84057] Fixed: Possible crash after calling joinSilent and deleteVehicle.

[83810] Fixed: Rare problem of AI fleeing when all enemies mounted vehicles.

Note: this time there is a server-side fix, which should partially reduce unit lagging in MP (sometimes the same position was broadcasted twice erroneously). The fix by itself is not very significant, but it should reduce the artifacts caused by the interpolation.

Ooh, the MP warping is getting looked at. Yay! :D

Of course, in order to test this, the server will have to use the beta. Any Windows server owners here willing to try it out?

plus non-recognizing of setSkill array values set in missions is still "reintroduced" since [83544] : " Improved: AI skill settings in difficulty options easier to use."

Reported it yesterday in the recent beta thread and here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4483 including a small test/demo mission.

Great to know the game is further improved though :)

Thanks !

plus non-recognizing of setSkill array values set in missions is still "reintroduced" since [83544] : " Improved: AI skill settings in difficulty options easier to use."

Reported it yesterday in the recent beta thread and here: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4483 including a small test/demo mission.

Great to know the game is further improved though :)

Thanks !

I agree, +1

Thanks for this. Performance seems very good from what I have played.

Have not encountered any bugs yet....but it is time for bed. Will eargerly check for any MP feedback in the morning.

Night all : )

I wanted to check it, but as I did not find the demo mission mentioned, I did not.

Any plans for a SetUnitSide command Suma? It would make mission makers lives easier.

And a lot more. I think we should all know by now that not all issues with ArmA will be fixed.

lol just checked that bug in the tracker, suma fixed it 10mins ago! :butbut: :D

Nice but you forgot fix this bug :-/

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23754

This one is really really important. With this broken, user-content like Mando Missiles that is part of most Warfare missions is not working.

Would be super sweet to get this addressed before the patch goes final. :)

This one is really really important. With this broken, user-content like Mando Missiles that is part of most Warfare missions is not working.

Would be super sweet to get this addressed before the patch goes final. :)

It already has been addressed in 84121.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23754#note-7

Note: this time there is a server-side fix, which should partially reduce unit lagging in MP (sometimes the same position was broadcasted twice erroneously).
This statement sounds related to note #15, but I've tested that very case, and the result doesn't change.

lol just checked that bug in the tracker, suma fixed it 10mins ago! :butbut: :D
And others persist for over a year...I'm not impressed anymore.

This statement sounds related to note #15, but I've tested that very case, and the result doesn't change.

here the same, in mp other people still jump a bit back when they stop infront of you. so this seems not to be fixt.

yepp ist exactly like in the video:

greetz

Edited by themaster303

On the Video posted by Alef in post #18 [Devheaven], I am not sure if it is significant, but if you watch closely usually there is one guy who does not slide or warp.

I don't think this guy is the group leader either. Perhaps part of the issue could be related to specific units or unit config?

EDit: Its the guy at the back of the pack at 22secs into the video. He warps a little when approaching the first waypoint but all other units are warping badly up to that point except him. He actually does warp...but much less than the others it seems. He is around the front of the pack on the way back then drops to third position.

Like I say, it's probably an optical illusion, maybe I am seeing things : P

Thanks

Edited by Rough Knight

On the Video posted by Alef in post #18 [Devheaven], I am not sure if it is significant, but if you watch closely usually there is one guy who does not slide or warp.

I don't think this guy is the group leader either. Perhaps part of the issue could be related to specific units or unit config?

EDit: He actually does warp...but much less than the others it seems. Its the guy at the back of the pack when they are moving left to right. He is around the front of the pack on the way back then drops to third position. Like I say, it's probably an optical illusion, maybe I am seeing things : P

Thanks

Just watched the video again...the warping all looks the same to me. :/

It seems that people and Suma think it is a MP problem - it is NOT.

It is also true for pure SP play.

It seems that people and Suma think it is a MP problem - it is NOT.

It is also true for pure SP play.

That's strange. Before doing the test for the video with the dedicated server, I run the repro mission alone as hosted server, without a connected client, and the issue didn't show: the units just run without lag or animation jerkiness (distance 500m).

Can someone please record a video also for this case with the very same mission? It would be good for comparison.

That's strange. Before doing the test for the video with the dedicated server, I run the repro mission alone as hosted server, without a connected client, and the issue didn't show: the units just run without lag or animation jerkiness (distance 500m).

Can someone please record a video also for this case with the very same mission? It would be good for comparison.

I don't know exactly, if this is the same sympton, but try the Benchmark02 mission on Chernarus. At very low fps situations, and that happens a lot in that mission, especially the fast air units (Harriers, SU 34s) "rubberband" like hell. In 1.59 they were only choppy/stuttering. It happens, when fps drop below 20 frames. I didn't try in this build thou, was more like 83780 or even earlier.