Sign in to follow this  
fabius

What Controllers are People Using?

Just wondering what people are finding works well with Arma?

I am thinking of buying USB adapter to use Xbox 360 controller.

Xbox Gamepad here. just to keep it simple an easy.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I guess some stuff will still need mapping to the keyboard?

Downloading combined operations now.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I guess some stuff will still need mapping to the keyboard?

Downloading combined operations now.

Get Xpadder, works wonder with the 360 controller.

The 360 controller is great for Arma, it's got pre-mapped controls that work damn well too

The 360 controller is great for Arma, it's got pre-mapped controls that work damn well too

Thanks DaveP. By the way, some of your Volunteer Battalion vids was to final push to buy it again. (Lost the serial manual and so serial key to box version of OA). Figure I get used to the contols and go for a realist leaning team.

Liquidpinky. Wpadder is softwars, what does Xpadder add exactly?

Thanks DaveP. By the way, some of your Volunteer Battalion vids was to final push to buy it again. (Lost the serial manual and so serial key to box version of OA). Figure I get used to the contols and go for a realist leaning team.

Liquidpinky. Wpadder is softwars, what does Xpadder add exactly?

Nice one mate, if you're good with the basics (infantry/car control) put in an application today and you might be able to get in on the missions by the end of the week

Nice one mate, if you're good with the basics (infantry/car control) put in an application today and you might be able to get in on the missions by the end of the week

Thanks DaveP

Need to order my USB to wireless the 360 controler and headset.

Then you use Teamspeak, right?

Also- I'm going to be a real rookie because I usually toy with the lad's shooters on Xbox and go more for strategy/tactics stuff myself. So I'm going to be so sloowww for a short while. :)

Yup, don't worry about working out what to download and sort out; when you put in an application there's a short MSN Q&A with one of our section commanders where they'll sort you out on stuff like that, and don't worry about experience; many of our members new and old were fairly fresh to the game when they showed up

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me, I suppose we may as well try to keep this topic going in case anyone uses any different controllers, heh

Using mouse/keys for everything but flying - flying joustick, either Saitek evo or logitec freedom 2.4

Thanks DaveP. Will head over there after I have a burn with Arma2 tonight. T

Dorph;2014046']Using mouse/keys for everything but flying - flying joustick' date=' either Saitek evo or logitec freedom 2.4[/quote']

Dorph, what's the flying part like? I'm guessing it's not true sim standard, but I've always fancied getting a setup close to having a cyclic and colective. I had actual 'go's' on Gazelle, the old Scout, and Lynx.

For me, I have a Razer Nostromo to my left, keyboard in the middle and Rat5 to my right.. if only I could find the right button’s.....:j:

Edited by HR4 Elite

For me only way to fly is with a joystick - controllers is ok but only for sofa-playing.

Flying are simple, but nice when u get used to it.

Dorph;2014418']For me only way to fly is with a joystick - controllers is ok but only for sofa-playing.

Flying are simple' date=' but nice when u get used to it.[/quote']

Yeah, I really want to get to grips with the helo controls. Slick piolot would be one of my favourite rolls.

Did some clicking around the forum and link last night and saw the TRS5? head motion device. Looks good but at £130 that will have to wait. Made me wonder whether any techy's have got the Xbox connect to work it.

I still have a old PS2 controller around, anyone tried such a beast?

Got my USB adaptor for teh 360 controller on the way from Amazon.

Presuming we can map different keys to the various buttons. What have others mapped for quick use?

I've got the trigger sorted ;)

Guess I'll want these handy;

Prone, crouch, stand,

Walk

scope sights and zoom

reload

interaction.

Got my USB adaptor for teh 360 controller on the way from Amazon.

Presuming we can map different keys to the various buttons. What have others mapped for quick use?

I've got the trigger sorted ;)

Guess I'll want these handy;

Prone, crouch, stand,

Walk

scope sights and zoom

reload

interaction.

I use it like a lefty.

Left trigger for fire, left stick for wasd, left shoulder to raise/lower a weapon, D pad up/down for scroll menu and left right for accept or backspace the menu.

Back for map and start for GPS.

I use my mouse also for superior aim and the mouse buttons are now for crouch or prone, fwd/back buttons are for sprint and ads.

I have used this setup for many years and never felt handicapped by it at all, in fact the left stick for movement allows more control over just using a keyboard.

Plus other uses on the mouse (depending on how many buttons you have) like reload, zoom in/out, sight zeroing up/down, weapon switch etc.

I have the yellow Y button assigned to getting in or out of vehicles, old GTA habits die hard. :)

I have a question, I have an XBOX 360 Controler, where do I go to order the piece to use it for Arma2/OA? Sorry i dont know even what that adapter piece is called! Oh and about how much does it cost?

logitech G9 mouse with steelseries mouse mat

saitek keyboard

xbox controller for flight and driving only

Sorry to revive an old thread but seemed like a good place to ask a question.

Arma 3 Alpha and Razor Nostromo lay out.

Its a dilemma trying to configure this game and RN I have been looking for an answer to this for a few days now but no real joy.

If you are using a RN what is your layout, I think the ones I need to apply the most are the movement and stances ones.

Comment on the Alpha, I haven`t bought a video game in years but some guys I know on our forums suggested this game, I have to say I am pleased, Arma 3 could be a major title for many gamers who play other games, less tactical so to speak.

Too many buttons though :rolleyes:

Any help here would be appreciated.