Sign in to follow this  
tarabas

Still warping / Network Lagging

After the release of Arma 1 me and my clan expierenced the well known Arma warping. Player and vehicle warping and stuttering.

This has not changed after Arma 2 OA.

Will BIS ever solve this Problem?

I know that network lagging depends often which server config or hardware will be used.

Lagging is on different servers, not on 10-20 Player Servers but on the bigger ones.

Problem is so heavy that you cant aim at distance, cause all players lagging and warping around...

Frames are very good. Tested on different high end machines with different internet connection.

Will Arma 3 have this lag ? Its the same engine so i suppose...

Heres a typical lag video:

Edit: we only play PvP without the cpu demanding bots..The netcode is broken.

Edited by tarabas

this is being addressed by BIS...you might want to try the latest beta patch

Oh nice information, but doesnt it need a server side patch for this?

do you have any links where is pointed out that thsi issue is adressed? or posts from user feedback?

I read the changelog...nothing--But a user experienced more lags/rubberbanding:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2012220&postcount=92

Edited by tarabas

ok tested it warping is much worse then without latest beta patch....only play pvp btw

After the release of Arma 1 me and my clan expierenced the well known Arma warping. Player and vehicle warping and stuttering.

This has not changed after Arma 2 OA.

Will BIS ever solve this Problem?

I know that network lagging depends often which server config or hardware will be used.

Lagging is on different servers, not on 10-20 Player Servers but on the bigger ones.

Problem is so heavy that you cant aim at distance, cause all players lagging and warping around...

Frames are very good. Tested on different high end machines with different internet connection.

Will Arma 3 have this lag ? Its the same engine so i suppose...

Heres a typical lag video:

Edit: we only play PvP without the cpu demanding bots..The netcode is broken.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23241

thanks i read that the nectode is still unplayable for a mp-shooter and that the game engine is broken.

BI should just name their next game to Arma3: The Warp Brothers.

There is no way in hell that I would be buying next Arma game if they don't fix the warping.

What a pile of crap! Update your PCs before you start whining. I get only a little warping but that is around 500m with a TON of AI on screen.

Here's some advice ..... uninstall if you are that unhappy !

What a pile of crap! Update your PCs before you start whining. I get only a little warping but that is around 500m with a TON of AI on screen.

It's not a pile of crap but something that needs to get adressed, the sooner the better. And it can't be solved by just updating your PC as it is a problem of the engine itself.

Not only AI is affected by it but also players in PvP only modes without AI. The more players the worse it gets.

And your last advice, uninstall if you are that unhappy, is what many players already did because of it. And in my opinion it is not a good advertisement for the game itself.

Xeno

I'm totally sick of COD kiddies coming here and comparing Arma2 to 'other' MP shooters.

If I get a tiny amount of warping with a ton of AI then it cannot ONLY be the game engine.

My last advice stands to those that aren't willing to tough it out and enjoy what we DO have. I don't think that people have uninstalled only due to that. There are other things that have split the community.

Nertheless the problem does exist, it is annoying and it is definitely putting people off the game. Fortunately it is also being addressed.

You claiming not to experience it and basically telling people to "suck it up or fuck off" isn't at all constructive or helpful in any way.

An interesting turn of phrase, but I claim to experience it in a small way. This is because I defrag my HDD and make sure all drivers are updated, and my machine is capable of running it (together with fast broadband) - hence the 'upgrade your machine' quote.

Which still has nothing to do with bad or not optimized netcode.

You can have the fastest available hardware, the whole game on a RAM disk, a ping of 0 and a 100 MBit connection, units will still lag.

Xeno

Kremator, if interested, take a look at the tickets I linked earlier, and all their relations, for a picture of the issues.

It is true that bad server configuration, hardware / connections, software, etc can influence (amplify) the issues,

but there are several problems in the game that need fixing to resolve the issues in MP.

For one, it seems that Helicopters work pretty damn well - no jumping back and forth while moving,

while infantry and other land vehicles can have serious issues, which are especially apparant at distance (~500m), and especially problematic for snipers :)

Annunaki found that the issue does not exist or is much better in the last official ArmA1 patch (1.18),

while the bigger issues started to occur at the ArmA 2 1.01 version.

Still, I remember units 'jumping' at distances over 500m, even back in OFP, which often was improved by reducing minErrorToSend settings on the dedicated server.

The current issues seem hardly improved when trying to apply this to A2.

Perhaps the issues were as bad in A1 but solved in some patch, and perhaps those changes were not merged correctly to A2, ... guess work :P

Edited by Sickboy

Being ignorant does help no one Kremator.

Will certainly agree that helicopters are near enough perfect.

Also will have to agree that there is always room for improvements in the netcode. I will vote those tickets up then for the good of the community :)

I can hop into an empty server and not have a bit of warping until someone else connects, it's not the hardware.

Of course its not the hardware, the guys who wrote "COD kiddies", "Update your PC looozerS" and such stuff are ...

Lets hope BIS adress this issue in 1.6, we waited long since first arma release for a better (playable) netcode.

Support these improvements -it aint hardware exclusive. I'd say teleporting enemies is #1 turnoff to online play.

Simply put, this is a problem with the netcode.

Even when I host locally I get the same problems and that is on a gigabit LAN with a 980x etc.

I've spent hours messing with the net settings and the problem remains.

The "warping" showed in the video within the opening post is actually really good. You've seen NOTHING if you think that is bad.

Seriously.

But as everybody else has said, BIS is aware of the issue and they are working on it.

Can the devs give us an update on the fixes to the netcode? With the release of PR and PvP in general, smooth animations and no warping is a major necessity to good gameplay.

Can the devs give us an update on the fixes to the netcode? With the release of PR and PvP in general, smooth animations and no warping is a major necessity to good gameplay.

From what I understand, it could still be a while. Suma indicated that they would try to push out 1.60 fairly soon with single player interpolation only. Multiplayer will still be the old 1.59 system, i.e. warping.

Once 1.60 is out, they should get on the MP interpolation fairly soon, which we will most likely be testing in the form of beta patches.

So improved MP gameplay should hopefully be coming in 1.61, though it's unlikely that we'll get any kind of definitive time frame for it.