Sign in to follow this  
celery

3rd person and crosshair - enable by default in MP?

What should the default difficulty level with default settings have enabled in MP  

180 members have voted

1. 1. What should the default difficulty level with default settings have enabled in MP

• 3rd person and crosshair
    • 3rd person, not crosshair
    • Crosshair, not 3rd person
    • Neither 3rd person nor crosshair

Still it's not particularly diificult to change the actual difficulty the mission is set to...

here we go again...

This is starting to sound more like a get out of jail free card for lazy admins.

Imagine the uproar from teh co-op field and the noobs if you defaulted to no 3rd person.

Read all my post again. I DON'T want removed 3rd person NOR croshairs on the regular which is the default - out of the box difficulty set! More, i DON'T even want the said default difficulty for the out of the box changed to a harder one.

All I WANT is to be able to SET the FUCKING DEFAULT DIFFICULTY to whatever i i feel the need to, without messing with individual entries for each particular difficulty! Is that so god damn hard to grasp?!

Note that I am by no mean a computer/arma noob. On the contrary (KH server has been running 24/7 since 2007). But not every server admin knows or in fact is suppose to know all the tips and tricks by heart, nor is he suppose to be on the server 24/7. Please stop preaching to the priest.

NP PuFu,

I know I posted in response but I didn't mean to target you or anyone in particular, and if you read back through my posts you'd see we're pretty much in agreement.

Perhaps the only point where I might differ is how important it is for BIS to direct resources to making it happen.

Ok we are all in agreement then that it would be nice if they expanded the dificulty menu with a few extra entrys to make everyone happy.

Will it happen? Who knows? Stay tuned to "As the Dificulty Changes".....

And what without admin?

Please drop your narrow view and open up your mind.

I honestly can't tell whether you're trolling or not... :confused:

I honestly can't tell whether you're trolling or not... :confused:

Shows how much you know. When a server autorotates missions without an admin, the difficulty level always stays on regular.

When a server autorotates missions without an admin, the difficulty level always stays on regular.

Thats kinda dumb, but as b00ce already mentioned it's pretty easy to set the same settings for all difficulty levels.

But sure fixing this would be a good thing.

No you cannot set the same settings for all difficulty levels.

No you cannot set the same settings for all difficulty levels.

Are you sure?

In the .profile:

class recruit
{
	class Flags
	{
		Armor=0;
		FriendlyTag=0;
		EnemyTag=0;
		HUD=0;
		HUDPerm=0;
		HUDWp=0;
		HUDWpPerm=0;
		HUDGroupInfo=0;
		AutoSpot=0;
		Map=0;
		WeaponCursor=0;
		AutoGuideAT=0;
		ClockIndicator=0;
		3rdPersonView=0;
		UltraAI=0;
		AutoAim=0;
		CameraShake=0;
		UnlimitedSaves=0;
		DeathMessages=0;
		NetStats=0;
		VonID=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	skillEnemy=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
	precisionEnemy=1;
};

class mercenary
{
	class Flags
	{
		UltraAI=0;
		DeathMessages=0;
		NetStats=0;
		VonID=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=1;
	skillEnemy=1;
	precisionFriendly=1;
	precisionEnemy=1;
};

JW Custom please read this thread. It links to CIT tickets that explain all the issues in extensive detail.

JW Custom please read this thread. It links to CIT tickets that explain all the issues in extensive detail.

I have read most of this thread.

From one of the CIT tickets i read:

You can create/edit existing player profile and copy that file to dedicatedServer and rename to something like this:

C:\Arma2OA\server.ArmA2OAProfile

Than start dedicated server with line like this:

C:\Arma2OA\arma2oaserver.exe "-name=server" "-profiles=C:\Arma2OA\"

Make sure that you have line:

difficulty="mercenary";

in profile file server.ArmA2OAProfile , and also whole class Difficulties { ... ... };

Notice:

1. You can place profile file where you wish, but you must change "-profiles" path according this.

2. You can name profile as you wish, but you must change "-name" according this.

3. Of course, change C:\ to your path to the game or profile file.

4. You can also edit some unlocked difficulties in profile file.

I am using this from Arma1 game, and it works nice.

This is how i've been running a dedicated server and it seemed to work.

Seemed to work.

See this is the problem.

Seemed to work.

See this is the problem.

Well i can't speak for everyone..... jeez!

But that is the point. It does not work.

But that is the point. It does not work.

Well i did for me, but i was hosting a dedicated server on same computer as i joined from which was why i said "seemed" to work.

Anyways like i said in one of my previous posts...

But sure fixing this would be a good thing.

I think there needs to be more definition between the difficulty levels to be honest. At the moment they somewhat blur into each other. Maybe just three options would be a good idea, so you'd have normal, hard, and custom.

I think there needs to be more definition between the difficulty levels to be honest. At the moment they somewhat blur into each other. Maybe just three options would be a good idea, so you'd have normal, hard, and custom.

Considering that its still a milsim, why not remove the difficulty settings all together, and have one set.. setting.

ArmA has a broad appeal, within a specialized genere, why would you exclude some players from ArmA, just because they like to play ArmA differently than you. Remember these players have been able to use crosshairs and 3rd person, since Cold War Crisis.

Everything about ArmA is customizable also the difficulty levels, why limit yourself or others?