Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

MBG_Killhouses

RELEASED!

island007.th.jpg island002.th.jpg island011.th.jpg

island008.th.jpg island009.th.jpg island010.th.jpg

island005.th.jpg island006.th.jpg

MBG_Killhouses adds 7 new walkable buildings. These buildings are purpose-built to suit Arma2: This means floors, doorways, rooms and the overall collision-model have been adjusted to cope well with the current collision-detection. Here is a quick overview of all the building's features:

• 5 killhouses
  • 1 Shoothouse
  • 1 Big Warehouse
  • Fully usable in both the Editor and Visitor3/4
  • Highly precise editor-icons for easy alignment
  • Averaging 100 positions per building
  • Several wall-segments (Straight parts, corners, doors, gates, 3m height an 0.8m height.
  • MP-Synchronized door/gate sounds
  • Breachable doors and wall-segments

Classnames:

==== AVAILABLE IN EDITOR: ====

MBG_Killhouse_1_InEditor

MBG_Killhouse_2_InEditor

MBG_Killhouse_3_InEditor

MBG_Killhouse_4_InEditor

MBG_Killhouse_5_InEditor

MBG_Warehouse_InEditor

Land_MBG_Shoothouse_1

MBG_Cinderwall_5_InEditor

MBG_Cinderwall_5_Corner_InEditor

MBG_Cinderwall_2p5_InEditor

MBG_Cinderwall_5_low_InEditor

MBG_Cinderwall_5_WoodDoor_InEditor

MBG_Cinderwall_5_SteelDoor_InEditor

MBG_Cinderwall_5_Gate_InEditor

Land_MBG_Woodplanks

_KillHouseArrayEditorObjects = ["MBG_Killhouse_1_InEditor", "MBG_Killhouse_2_InEditor", "MBG_Killhouse_3_InEditor", "MBG_Killhouse_4_InEditor", "MBG_Killhouse_5_InEditor"];

==== AVAILABLE IN ISLANDS: ====

Land_MBG_Killhouse_1

Land_MBG_Killhouse_2

Land_MBG_Killhouse_3

Land_MBG_Killhouse_4

Land_MBG_Killhouse_5

Land_MBG_Shoothouse_1

Land_MBG_Cinderwall_5

Land_MBG_Cinderwall_5_Corner

Land_MBG_Cinderwall_2p5

Land_MBG_Cinderwall_5_low

Land_MBG_Cinderwall_5_WoodDoor

Land_MBG_Cinderwall_5_SteelDoor

Land_MBG_Cinderwall_5_Gate

_KillHouseArrayIslandObjects = ["Land_MBG_Killhouse_1", "Land_MBG_Killhouse_2", "Land_MBG_Killhouse_3", "Land_MBG_Killhouse_4", "Land_MBG_Killhouse_5"];

CREDITS AND THANKS:

Thanks to:

• Toadball for providing me with a generous amount of blueprints.
  • DaveP, Friznit AND da12thMonkey for providing me with a tremendous amount of reference pictures
  • Volunteer Commando Battalion
  • Task Force 86
  • =UKTF= Tactical Realism Clan

One or more textures on this 3D-model have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default. Please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.

DISCLAIMER:

This addon is not related in any way to Bohemia Interactive Studios or Bohemia Interactive Simulations. You may ONLY use this addon in Arma2: Combined Operations, Arma2 and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead.

DOWNLOAD:

MBG_Killhouses @mondkalb.org (43.8mb)

MBG_Killhouses @armaholic.com

MBG_Killhouses @armedassault.info

Initial WIP announcement:

Oh noes, not ANOTHER building addon...

Yes, tru dat, but this is different, as the intention for this project is not to give island makers new toys, but to give the people that play the game some serious new toys tailored to their needs.

So what I am talking about? Killhouses!

This addon will bring a variety of new and fully walkable buildings for your disposal.

All the buildings come with:

• Animated and destroyable doors
  • Breachable wall segments
  • High fidelity Fire Geometry LOD, so no small invisible bullet barriers anymore + proper bullet penetration
  • Rooms and halls wide enough to cope well with A2's dodgy collision detection
  • A fairly high overall quality
  • Complete path-LOD (Building positions and the like)

Less talk, more pictures:

Click for higher resolution pictures:

http://mondkalb.org/MBG_Killhouses/MBG_Killhouses_010_thumb.jpg

This is a small one story building divided into several rooms.

Stairs allow access to the roof. Note the blown-up door. An M1014 Pellet shot usually does the job of breaching open a door.

http://mondkalb.org/MBG_Killhouses/MBG_Killhouses_003_thumb.jpg

All the window shutters (26 to be precise) are animated, which means you can open and close them, if you like. A small hallway gives access to the first floor.

http://mondkalb.org/MBG_Killhouses/MBG_Killhouses_007_thumb.jpg

A two story building, full of rooms, some with windows. Also a ladder allows access to the roof.

http://mondkalb.org/MBG_Killhouses/MBG_Killhouses_011_thumb.jpg

A shooting house (Correct term?). Simple structure for the very basic.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3064/arma2oa2011082904111434.th.jpg http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2403/arma2oa2011082904112484.th.jpg

Naturally more to come.

Now, I would like some help with this project.

If you have some good reference pictures of kill houses, or even better entire floor plans, please share them with me. If you have particular ideas about what the new buildings should look like, be built like or have any special features, please let me know! I made already contact with some MilSim units, and they were most helpful.

But I wouldn't want to keep this project from the rest of the community and pretend to be elitist about it. So hence this thread.

Also, along with this addon, I am planning to release a small 2x2km training terrain (Oh noes, not again!!!111eleven. Yes, I know...) with several kill house cities. If you have ideas about how the killhouse-cities should be laid out, and what other buildings besides my killhouses should be used, and what the entire terrain should look like, this is the thread to let me know.

To sum up all this: Now is wish-hour. You tell me your wish, and I'll see what I can do to this addon project.

Edited by Mondkalb

Your Spot on from what I remember training with at San Luis Obispo, Fort Polk, and Camp Bullis. They were center block construction with wooden doors. The only thing that is not presented was the sewer system.

Would be good if you can add backyards, compounds, small alleyways and some bigger buildings perhaps with basement + rofftop terrace. Ah and don't forget to add a connection/entrance between a few buildings - something that will keep players stressed while clearing rooms. :D

Btw is it possible to add some working + switchable ceiling lights/lamp into certain rooms/hallways?

Sounds awesome, Ravenshield environments for ARMA; perfect place to use ACE's teargas and gasmasks!

Obvious question from someone a mission designer who has no idea about map making; please add lots of AI waypoints (even per room), for both support of random building positions, as well as the various building patrol scripts out there. Assuming you do this in the map making phase! :)

And please ensure that AI cannot accidentally walk off the roof, as is known to happen with certain OA buildings: AI using any kind of urban or building patrol script will eventually suicide of the roof, which is very frustrating!

Looks awesome!

Nice project, thumbs up! breaching will be awesome :D

If you have ideas about how the killhouse-cities should be laid out, and what other buildings besides my killhouses should be used, and what the entire terrain should look like, this is the thread to let me know.

To sum up all this: Now is wish-hour. You tell me your wish, and I'll see what I can do to this addon project.

Something like moutmckenna map in AA:3 would be nice - it´s quite well balanced for pvp aswell.

...as the intention for this project is not to give island makers new toys, ...

WHAT!!! Those houses are exactly what I need to make my Ft. Benning and Ft. Irwin maps perfect. :) Really looking forward to these beauties.

Jens

BTW: If you need images of MOUT areas/houses I can provide you a bunch of images of the buildings from the McKenna Urban Training Site.

Awesome doesn't even begin to describe this.

Great work, and thank you for sharing it!

Kind Regards,

Melvin

This is absolutely awesome Mondkalb.

I loved all your buiding addons so far, and this won' t be an exception i' m sure, especially since i' ve been waiting for something like this for a while.

Since it' s make a wish time, here is mine:

Any chance you could make a version of the shooting house with a walkable surface above the walls accessible via a ladder for the instructors?

I feel inclined to say that these buildings are totally legit to the point where even grenades thrown into upper floor windows or through doors in ace will properly roll/bounce and not just drop through the floor

We're also impressed with the copehill down style house, nicely done!

(for reference: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg854/scaled.php?server=854&filename=cimg01681.jpg&res=medium )

Vis a vis interiors, I shoulda said this before but forgot, the best examples I've seen of good training layouts would be the training missions from the old Rainbow Six games, like the office layout (6 rooms either side of a main corridor with mutual support needed to avoid getting hit while checking out rooms)

But then I realised this seems a bit limiting.. one option is to make a modular system, do a couple of basic blank square/rectangle/L shape rooms with doors, some spare bits like crouch height walls and walls that require going prone to get under (perfect for rolling grenades) and then allow mission makers to craft them together however they like

As far as layout, here's the aerial view of Copehill down german village -I suppose the key is to emulate reality, rather than trying to give it a defined structure, and gives the opportunity to practise mutual support from one house to another while moving up the road

7NJX0.jpg

For some more inspiration, here's a little video of the town in action (in fact inside a house very similar to yours)

NfIL8y6VTxI

Edited by DaveP

please add lots of AI waypoints (even per room), for both support of random building positions, as well as the various building patrol scripts out there.

Those are defined in the path-LOD, and each building so far has those. The biggest one offers 116 building positions.

:)

BTW: If you need images of MOUT areas/houses I can provide you a bunch of images of the buildings from the McKenna Urban Training Site.

Those would be awesome. Though keep in mind that this addon's main purpose is to be tailored to fit into ArmA2 and not to recreate some geospecific terrain.

Any chance you could make a version of the shooting house with a walkable surface above the walls accessible via a ladder for the instructors?

I was planning that, but then decided against such a catwalk, as I wasn't sure how useful it will be. But once I get two more killhouses done, its time for a catwalk.

But then I realised this seems a bit limiting.. one option is to make a modular system, do a couple of basic blank square/rectangle/L shape rooms with doors, some spare bits like crouch height walls and walls that require going prone to get under (perfect for rolling grenades) and then allow mission makers to craft them together however they like

Excellent idea! Though modular building kits are usually quite flimsy to assemble, I recommend using Creationism inside the 3D-RTE, so you can export your structure. The standard 3x3m wall of Creationism is breachable.

But some connector-elements to hook up two buildings into one large one is definitely something I will create.

I was planning that, but then decided against such a catwalk, as I wasn't sure how useful it will be. But once I get two more killhouses done, its time for a catwalk.

Yeah a catwalk over your Shoothouse would be awesome, lets people ensure the people running through the house are clearing their corners, covering sectors of fire, etc.

Great job as always Mondkalb! I'm still working with your 2nd pack ;)

Good to hear. keep up the good work!

Here's a small update:

I've created highly accurate editor-icons for all buildings and wall segments.

The small triangle in the middle shows you where to grab the object.

cinderwalls.th.jpg shoothouse.th.jpg

newtypej.th.jpg precisionn.th.jpg

Thats overkill MDB, even BIS doesn't have that detail ;) *applause*

Well, I don't see much point in training in CQB in artificial areas that will not exist in actual missions, but those buildings do look awesome enough for me to hope to actually see them on some island sooner or later. Looks awesome!

Next time you take screenshots, could you please also place a soldier or something so we can get an idea of how big/small stuff are?

Is it possible for you to make the building of Osama Bin Laden as a killhouse?