Sign in to follow this  
deltaGhost

The Ingame map

Alrigth so here is the question

Do you have to crate your own ingame map or vistor will auto generate it ????

eee

nop... vis does not create maps automatically... anyway, there are a few apps that create "fantasy worlds" that could be imported into vis to make an ingame map... but even this way there will be a lot of work ahead to succeed... just take a look over those tutorials... chabela washon!

Might be an "english not primary language" question, maybe...?

Do you mean the "ingame map" as in, the map you see when you go to "map mode" in-game? - that's generated automatically...

If you do mean the actual landscape or terrain then.. well, yeah... you have to make that yourself.. that's the tricky bit...

for realworld places you'll need a DEM (heightmap) and maybe a satellite image to match... maybe look at ZeroG's tutorial for an introduction to that...

for "fantasy" terrains it's like Robster says - L3DT, Wilbur, etc...

L3DT's "Design Map" section will create a landscape from scratch with a couple of clicks... plenty of little parameter sliders to fool with - presets like "scottish highlands" and "desert mesa"... it's a good place to start I guess - you can get a full 90day demo of L3DT pro for the asking, or use the free basic edition for a bit of practise to start with...

B

I forgot to mention EarthSculptor... just like aforementioned programs it also can work with real data in some PNG format (i.e.: DEM exported as PNG).

Saludos!