Sign in to follow this  
Koni

Missing ) script error

This is driving me mad.

Working on a mission, all Tasks have been working perfectly for weeks as I'm slowly making the damn mission, but now I'm getting a script error saying I have a missing )

"carsales" setMarkerTypeLocal "select";

tskpatels = player createSimpleTask["Get new cars for Mr.Patels"];

tskpatels setSimpleTaskDescription["Find new red cars for Mr Patel", "New Cars", "carsales"];

tskpatels setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "carsales");

taskhint ["New Task!\nNew Cars for Mr.Patel", [1, 1, 1, 1], "taskNew"];

taskhint ["Task Assigned!\nReplace old cars with new red ones", [1, 1, 1, 1], "taskCurrent"];

Keep on getting this now on this task, and every so often it starts saying I have the missing ) on all the tasks I have setup, then it stops saying it for the rest of them, and just this task then.

Can you post the rest of the code? If you're getting that task and not the others the error will be below that part.

No, this is the whole task, that's really my point, as far as I know, there is nothing wrong with it, but every time it's giving me an error about a missing )

All the other tasks are basically the same, and at the moment their working fine, it's just this one, everytime I activate the task it's coming up with the error, and I can't see what's wrong with it.

I think it's some sort of gremlin in the game, I have sometimes had errors come up from the BIS Modules in the past, but 99\100 I don't get them.

I don't similiar with the code you use, but some suggestion is:

1, sometimes the error report can't show real problem, for it base on its own way of check.

2, sometimes you can try to use hint "OK"; and check script line by line.

get Squint, copy all of your code into it - find the answer

seriously, just get squint, it saves time :cool: