Sign in to follow this  
Psychobastard

co30 Hohei Evolution 2 - the Evolution must go on!

Hey, thank you for this. i will update the stringtable with your suggested translations.

can you explain how you fixed the player marker system on the map? the 1.62 patch broke ours quite badly so it no longer updates for JIP.

I haven't fix anything on the marker system cause i use a completely different system like your's.

It work's with the cba framehandler and it is not simple to implement it. (you can't copy one or two scripts and it that it was - it used many internal functions and it's linked in many other scripts)

I have planed to explain these system to another guy with an example mission. if i have done this i can send you the example mission via pm.

regards

thanks mate - i had looked at the script you use and couldn't understand it at all well lol

Hey Psycho,

Will you be adding side missions in your 2.08 release? If so will they be the standard three missions or will you be adding more or including an option to add your own side missions?

Cheers.

Hey Psycho,

Will you be adding side missions in your 2.08 release? If so will they be the standard three missions or will you be adding more or including an option to add your own side missions?

Cheers.

I think he is waiting for ArmA 3 to be released before he works on a new version. Do not quote me on this.

Were the red missions ever fixed? I remember a lot of spawn bugs and issues with class-specific abilities.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Were the red missions ever fixed? I remember a lot of spawn bugs and issues with class-specific abilities.

Realy? I'fe didn't found the time to test it atm. (or fix it) But if someone can write a list of RED issues i will fix these if i have a few free minutes.

regards

So I suppose this is where I post bugs? I'll repost from the website I posted this on. They told me to bring it here since they didn't make the mission. Mind you, this server uses the ACE version of Evolution on Takistan.

As far as I can tell, it is absolutely impossible to repair vehicles when anything is in the red. I've tried driving repair trucks out to them, I've tried air lifting them back to base, I've tried to tow them but it won't let me because there are people still in the vehicle (there aren't really, just corpses)... Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? :S

Any service points like the FARP or air base only refuels a busted vehicle. It doesn't heal it.

EDIT: Okay, this is @#$%ed up... I decide to scuttle the tank, so I fire a few shells at it until it's a flaming wreck, then go about my day waiting for it to respawn. When I go back to check on it, I find I can not only climb into the flaming wreck, I healed the tank to orange allowing the air base to fully repair and rearm it. Wat is this I don't even

Also I can't lift enemy vehicles but I think that is normal. Would be nice though.

In addition, the damage icon up in the top-right corner of the screen indicates the damage at 0. It will try to refuel the vehicle, but the moment I press any direction on WASD, the fuel disappears. This even happened once with a fully healed vehicle.

Also engineers cannot repair anything, but I haven't played ACE long and therefore know not if that is normal.

However, it should also be noted that I cannot tow vehicles when dead crew members are inside. So ACE's tow function is also useless. A roll-mouse option to remove bodies from a blown up vehicle would be nice.

Edited by Spades_Neil

Hi Spades_Neil,

thank you for your feedback.

I will check this out and fix it if there is anything to fix. I assume you talk about the ACE Red Version on Takistan.

regards

Hi,

i have checked it out and all works fine. I drive with a repair truck near a damaged or destroyed (own) vehicle and build a FARP close to it. After i board the damaged/destroyed vehicle as driver the repair and refulling thread startet. After the vehicle has taken the full service the FARP ownner (the engineer) reward some bonus points. Dead bodys are extracted automatically from destroyed vehicles too. I checked it out with latest Hohei Evo RED ACE Version on Takistan (2.07) and last ACE stable.

If it did not work for you i need more informations about your used versions of the mission and the mods. Maybee the mission was edited by someone. I support only original versions. You can also send me your .rpt.

You can find the everytime the latest original mission file on my dev-heaven project site: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/hohei-evo

regards

Hi!

I am not sure if this is the right thread for my question but I am searching for a script to give clan members a particular rank in Evolution right from the start depending on the UID.

Maybe someone has already done this successfully or got an idea how to do it.

Hi,

Can you spawn AI/Control AI's within this game. I was standing at the barracks but was unable to find any options to do it?

Thanks

Joe.

Use the Hohei Evo Main Dialog to recrute soldiers.

(Mousewheel)

btw: Standing around somewhere and wait for something is maybe the wrong approach to solve problems. ;-)

CHeers man, sorted!

Any idea how hard it would be to put the chinook in it? as thats a massivly cooler heli. Also is there anyway to give a user 100 points to start with?

You can set the lobby paramters by mission start to ranked = disabled. So you can use any vehicle and system at the mission start.

I won't create some custom versions or describe how to build custom versions. You can do it or not. :p

Since BIS will sell Arma3 over the Steam network i've changed my opinion about a Hohei Evo release for A3 and i will not develop further versions.

regards

-Psycho-;2301915']Since BIS will sell Arma3 over the Steam network i've changed my opinion about a Hohei Evo release for A3 and i will not develop further versions.

regards

I hope you change heart mate - your mission has a good following.

Our evolution port is also underway now for Arma3, although it's taking a long time to get started, just configuring the weapon loadout recorder took me 12 hours of trial and error. the grenade system is all muzzles now (requiring a specific fix if you removeallweapons, and the player cargo system is a minefield with the vest/backpack/uniform combo... and clunky stuff like

removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon

addPrimaryWeaponItem

removeItemFromHandgun

etc

NVG is now an item whereas binoculars remain a weapon... etc etc

steam sucks totally but if it keeps bohemia afloat who can fault them?

Hey I need some help. I was on a server with your map and the server had a different map that the current version.

The map has more vehicles and the base was made out of shipping containers. If you have a link please send it

Check ur C:\Users\$YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache there its as .pbo

Ok I play this missions but on a server hosted by pressing the 'New" button in the MP tab the custom actions in the action menu are invisible! This issue gets resolved by using a dedicated server but the dedi servers lags more than a server hosted by pressing the new button.

EDIT: It seems to be random whether the menus decide to show up or not

Edited by MeGusta90

-Psycho-;2301915']

Since BIS will sell Arma3 over the Steam network i've changed my opinion about a Hohei Evo release for A3 and i will not develop further versions.

regards

This is bad news, I hope you change your mind.

I think it's a little late, but the mission was abandoned definitively?

I had memorable fights with my squad in these missions, and always wondered how it would be in its final form and the side missions working.