Sign in to follow this  
Psychobastard

co30 Hohei Evolution 2 - the Evolution must go on!

Hi Juggernaut,

i know you have told me this a few weeks ago but i cant reproduce this bug.

Can you give me more detailed informations about?

regards

Psychobastard

dont know, if i test it the cargo is attached to the chute and they come down smooth until the cargo reached the ground. how are you testing? any special things i must know? what do I do differently to you?

regards

Psychobastard

rednblue.png

Hohei Evolution 2 with ACE2 supported versions

Hello everybody!

Today, after another month of development time and work, I would like to present you the new version with support for ACE2.

With this version is reached the first long-range goal of Hohei Evolution 2. The new version now includes over 12 different versions of each of his favorites can choose.

At this point I would like to give a thank you to everyone who supported me with so much feedback and have contributed to the development. A special thank you is adressed to the Combat Group community for continuos beta testing and bug reporting.

What are the most important changes?

A new damage handler for the radiotower was implemented. This allow automatically more lobby options for his destructibility.

To make the mission more usable for full public server (more than 20 players) the artillery system is reworked just as all other mass destruction weapon-systems.

Another nice new feature: the enemy can place now randomly mines along the road near the main targets!

And last but not least is the ACE2 support. The ACE2 versions contains of all weapons and weapon systems (vehicle, airvehicle included) to bring the advanced combat environment to the Hohei and the player too.

All detailed fixes, changes and new stuff you can found in the changelog below.

Version number: 2.05.2210 (beta)

- fixed: engineers reward broken after first respawn

- fixed: wrong location for reward score by medics and engineers

- fixed: no action entry to capture the officer or other arised soldiers

- fixed: sometime targetzone spawn in the middle of nowhere

- fixed: wrong location for player group join request and some other minor bugs

- fixed: negative score requested for some support (artillery, nukes, cluster bombs, etc..) in Red versions

- fixed: player spawn first time on the roof of the hangar (all Chernarus versions)

- fixed: lock/unlock a special vehicle for a special player action didnt work correct (bug #24514)

- fixed: minor bug in client support system (bug #25548)

- changed: new dammage system for the radio tower. Changed cause some bugs occurs with the "satchels only" system. (task #24552)

- changed: reinforcers start a little bit more away from targetzone (for more realistic feeling)

- changed: removed MLRS / Grad from motorpool and static artillery is first time usable from rank 5 (exclude: Spotter slots) (feature #25504)

- changed: Costs for all support requests doubled which give fire support. for example artillery, cluster bomb, ... (feature #25504)

- changed: for using static artillery is rank 5 needed (exclude the player's role Spotter)

- changed: removed black edge around the screen (unpleasant for Track-IR users)

- changed: to fly AHQ 1st rank is required to prevent abuse (feature #25505)

- changed: set Respawntime for AHQ from 60 seconds up to 600 seconds

- chnaged: increase enemys reinforcment speed if more than 25 players in the game

- added: ACE2 vehicles in ACE2 versions

- added: new lobby paramter, choose between no satchel, one satchel or multiple satchels to detroy the rt

- added: new lobby parameter, enemy place mines along the road near maintarget (feature #24263)

- added: new lobby parameter, enable/disable artillery computer engine (feature #25504)

- added: new lobby parameter, choose a max number of Teamkills before a player is automatically kicked

- added: weathersystem (#task 24765), switchable by Lobbyparameter

- added: winter weather effects (only on Chernarus), switchable by Lobbyparameter - script by Rübe

- added: sandstorms (Takistan) and fog (Chernarus), switchable by Lobbyparameter

- added: foggy breath are visible by night, fog or cold weather for all playable units (no AI)

- added: BTK Cargo Drop Script for using the cargospace of some airplanes - script by sxp2high

What are the next steps?

Many things are changed and fixed however, far from all bugfixes and changes. So the development will go on like the Evolution will go on. ;)

The next both important targets for upcoming versions are a usable revive system, the implemantation of sidemissions and a strong administration tool.

But remember: my time is limited and now i have stronger to work for other projects (crw²).

In this sense have fun with the new version! :)

DOWNLOAD:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/hohei-evo/files

regards

Psychobastard

There's some really nice changes there! I can't wait to get home tonight and test it out with my buddies online.

I can't wait for the next release! Having a revive system with side missions would make my day! Keep up the great work, and let me know if you have any areas you'd like me to test specifically.

:yay::yay::yay:

UPDATE: BUG REPORT

Affected Mission Version: 2.05 Beta

When any one player dies all players watch in a sort of cutscene. This is obviously a huge interruption in any situation, but especially when in a firefight or flying an aircraft. I recommend immediate investigation as this is a huge problem whenever anybody dies. If you need any other information please let me know.

To reproduce just play with another player and get him killed.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Hi

I just recently downloaded and tried on hosted mp the

- co30 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Takistan mission, and found that theres no objectives, and the menu with everything is empty,

am i missing something, i mean this is beta right?

They downloadable for testing to make it playable?

I'm so sorry. I have make a big mistake in last release that breaks the game everytime a player died. Thx to Juggernautofwar for report this bug.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25780

The bug is fixed and the download source was actualized. Everybody who as done the dl, pls do it again.

Sorry for my mistake! :butbut:

- co30 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Takistan mission, and found that theres no objectives, and the menu with everything is empty,

@ Günter, i have tested it 5 minutes ago. I cant reproduce this and all works fine. Maybee this was an exception error in intitialization. Please try it again. Did you use any mods?

regards

Psychobastard

No mods, just vanilla Arma2CO.

all i did was extract the pbo and move it to the mpmissions folder for the mpeditor, as I like to edit these types of missions,

but I test them first to see how they play, and then I host a server pw it and then try it.

But when i get in the mission theres the commands in the action menu but their all empty, and then theres no objectives on the map,

its like the mission is empty, suppose Ill try it again.

Hi

am i missing something, i mean this is beta right?

They downloadable for testing to make it playable?

I've never encountered this. Maybe redownload the mission file?

The one I downloaded says this on dev heaven:

Hohei_Evolution_2_04_b.zip and if you hover your mouse cursor over it it says hotfix version.

The first page on the thread is not specific to which one I should be downloading, i mean it says

last update: 22.09.2011

so I grabbed this version:

Hohei_Evolution_2_04_b.zip 09/22/2011 09:50

is this correct or do i need another version first?

the last version is this one:

Hohei_Evolution_2_05.zip 10/23/2011 12:23

which is for ACE2 players, I just want to try the vanilla.

POSSIBLE BUG:

The new C130 cargo drop system does not actually drop the cargo. Once action menu is pressed cargo simply stays in cargo hold.

the last version is this one:

The most recent version is for ACE and vanilla.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Donwload everytime the newest version. You can found all vanilla version in there too. ;)

@ Juggernaut: I cant say what is happening if you use this mod. I dont know it but i will have a look on it. And if it's possible i will make HE2 compatible with it. ut you have to understand --> low priority. :o

The neew cargo drop system is comming from BTK. I havent tested it ever cause its a "ready-to-use" script packet. So i think it's work imediately without any problems. I will test it on my self...

regards

I downloaded your latest version Psycho, and checked it out, had no problems with it and ran fine was fun.

I was wondering are you working on the side missions, or how does the side missions work

I mean is there something you have to do ingame or accomplish to get the side missions to become available?

Hi,

sidemissions are not implemented at the moment.

This is a feature for the next version.

I am open to any stimulus, which art could be created by side missions there. I thought for next release of at 5 different missions (or more).

Every idea is welcome. The mission must have a simple task.

regards

Sounds good.

Ideas:

Halo

Can you implement a halo system where you can walk up to a flagpole and do an instant halo which you would basically

choose where you wish to halo and then you would spawn to that position in a helicopter and then be ejected over that position.

Ammo/vehicle paradrop

Another idea is to have the ability to call for ammo, in Domination return to Saharani you can call for ammo, what you

do is you choose a location on the map where you want the drop, a chopper will spawn real far out and fly over your

spot and drop th ammo, or vehicle (humvee), and then fly back. But you cannot call another drop til the chopper has returned.

Friendly infantry squad para drop (reinforcements)

an idea is to call for infantry reinforcements to fight on your side but you dont have command of them,

you would need a certain number of points to call, and then even then there would be a timer on the call.

Call artillery

have an option for a player role where they can call different types of artillery but the artillery has a timer on it,

so like you can only call it like once every 5 min or something.

Thanks for the update, especially the ACE version.

@Gunter you can request ammo etc through the Headquarter option in the action menu. Standard EVO action.

Oh you can! cool, I'll have to check it out.

Im very familer with evolution had made many updated, and edit versions of the GITS evo out there,

and am looking to make an updated version of this too.

When I say update or edited, its just I tweak the parameters so they are already pretweaked when you get ingame,

and then I add planes and choppers and other stuff some other features.

If you guys are interested in seeing a version then let me know, but i got to build it first.

hi Günter,

HALO: is implemented for Special Forces soldiers. ( choose this player role in the lobby by game start)

ammo / vehicle drop and artillery: all implemented in the main menu support

friendly random inf: i think this isnt in the idea of evolution gamemode ;)

Any ideas for sidemissions?

regards!

Thanks for the info Psycho.

ideas for side missions:

-ambush convoys

-destroy radio towers

-kill enemy officers

-search and rescue downed pilots

-destroy enemy base

-destroy enemy training faculty

-destroy enemy armor

-eliminate enemy president visiting a certain location

-destroy secret prototype plane

-find and destroy ammo caches

-eliminate enemy anti air radars

-destroy fuel trucks of enemy

-find briefcase and bring it back to base

-steal a special cars/tanks/choppers/planes from the enemies

-eliminate enemy patrol

-blow up oil pump being used by enemy

-capture enemy officer/president/scientist, ect,.,

-rescue pows

-prevent enemy from launching known missile that is to launch in x amount of time at a certain target

-defend the the village from incoming raiders

-defend the convoy and help them reach their destination safely

all I can think of atm, most of these are missions that were in old domination, and evo blue from other missions that I recal playing, they were quite fun.

hope that helps you get started at least.

Played this on my Server last night with other players and it went very well, I really like the enhancements you have made to EVO.

Looking forward to side missions and Günter pretty much summed it up good. Only thing I would add would be some Water Based Side Objectives.

Thanks for the hard work!

Vengeance

The rank system doesn't work in the mission [ACE] Evo Red, the weapon crate contains only AK74M rifles, ammo and stuff, but no other weaponry.

the weapon crate contains only AK74M rifles, ammo and stuff, but no other weaponry.

Isn't that the point of ranking?

You'd only see those weapons available until you do rank, when you do rank up then more weapons for the rank you acquired would be added,

this is no different then any other EVO that anyone else made.

What are you expecting the ammo crates to have for the OPFOR?

is there ACE weapons missing specific to OPFOR?

When you do rank do you see the message come up? Test before and after, before you rank look at the weapon's selection and then after you rank,

are their new weapons? if not then psycho prob has to update the scrip that adds the weapons per rank.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Galet have right. It's a simple and stupid bug from myself cause i simply forget to add the ranked weapons in the code. :o

It will be added (fixed) in upcoming versions. Please use until this moment the lobby parameter "Vehicles Locked Only" and you can play normaly the red ace versions. Only the weapons did not work in ace red.

regards

psycho