Sign in to follow this  
Psychobastard

co30 Hohei Evolution 2 - the Evolution must go on!

H o h e i___E v o l u t i o n___2

actual version: 2.07

Hello,

I have already indicated several times that I am working on a new evolution. After about 6 months now it's finally the time I can offer a playable beta-version.

The beta version is tested and is playable, but will still have quite a few bugs hidden in it, because it is impossible for me to explore all the functions themselves in the game - there are simply too many.

It should still be added for a whole couple of other features. But I would like first be sure that the existing content is also working satisfactorily.

And for this I need your help dear Evo fans!

Why a complete rewrite of the evolution?

Quite simply - the old code, dragged along for many years, endlessly changing and editing was so bad that he and the entire Evo, or whose performance has been poor. In addition, new features were very difficult to add and the Evo was very inflexible when it comes to bringing innovations therein.

Roadmap:

In the coming weeks and months, the Evolution 2 will be further improved, optimized and grow up. In this first beta release is just a blue version and required for Takistan Combined Operations. The aim versions are more like RED, Chernarus, OA-only and A2 only! Also, a compatibility with the ACE2 mod is already being considered and prepared.

In amount should be so soon possible between 8 and 12 versions of this evolution.

The more (bug) repport I get, the faster will appear more versions. For this a project page on DevHeaven was created:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/hohei-evo

last update: 14.08.2012

included versions:

BLUE

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Takistan

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Chernarus

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 OA - Takistan

RED

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Takistan

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Chernarus

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 OA - Takistan

ACE2

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 ACE Red - Takistan

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 ACE Red - Chernarus

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 ACE Blue - Takistan

- co32 Hohei Evolution 2 ACE Blue - Chernarus

Credits & Historie:

made by:

- Original Evolution for ArmA1 by Kiljoy (in 2007?)

- first fine working ArmA2 port by Razor in 2009

- complete reworked for ArmA2 and OA by Psychobastard in 2011

- Version number: 2.06.301

Thank You to...

- for first mission design: Kiljoy

- for the good teamwork in 2010: Razor

- for external scripts and functions:

--> backpack dialog - BonInf

--> x-functions, vehicle-lift-system and these great netcode - Xeno

--> BI-functions - BIS

--> snow script - Ruebe

--> BTK Cargo Drop - sxp2high

--> Spectating Script - Kegetys

--> Injury System - BonInf

- for the game OFP, ArmA and ArmA2 - Bohemia Interactive Studio

- to devheaven for the webspace

...and all the others i have forgotten here!

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/hohei-evo/files

(Here you will find ALWAYS the latest original-version)

Armaholic Mirror

(Thanks for hosting)

Support and Contact:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/hohei-evo/issues/new

External Links (for ACE2 Versions):

For playing the ACE2 versions you need the ACE2 mod (complete, include acex) and the cba (community based addons).

Download ACE2:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_13#Downloads

Download cba:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/files

regards

Psychobastard

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

Looking forward to trying it out. It's been for ever since I've Evo'd.

So cool, will def host when/if an OA ver is avail. Why dont you keep it an OA ver as long as its beta ?

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Psyco i saw an spanish ver "esp_tcb_hohei_evo_v1_28_oa.takistan" does that excist in non-esp too ?

A new Evolution mission!? This is what I've been waiting for since ArmA 2 came out! All praise -Psycho-!:pray::notworthy::icon_hug:

Now I can show my friends who are new to the series what ArmA online is all about!

I'm starting up the mission for the first time ever as we speak. I have a question regarding the last available parameter. "Override BIS Effects" What does that do?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

hi,

So cool, will def host when/if an OA ver is avail. Why dont you keep it an OA ver as long as its beta ?

simply because it's easier for me to act is a co version. And because I have not tested the oa-only compatibility. should show no major bugs will probably be the oa-only and a2-only release available in 2 weeks. These versions are planned for the release-next step. Then come in a second step the Red-versions.

Psyco i saw an spanish ver "esp_tcb_hohei_evo_v1_28_oa.takistan" does that excist in non-esp too ?

I do not know why there is a Spanish version. This is an edited version of my old Evo edition. (This was, however, already Multilanguage)

I have a question regarding the last available parameter. "Override BIS Effects" What does that do?

As the name says it all: Explosions and fire effects can be overridden by a revised particle effects. The goal is to fix the "fire in the sky" bug. This part comes from Xeno's Domi and has been there for a long time.

First bugreport came from the german com - look into the bugticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23838

can anyone confirm and concrete this?

thanks for feedback!

regards,

Psychobastard

After completing my first nine town victory as an engineer I've come to a conclusion. Player-made FARPs need to be changed desperately! My friend and I were constantly getting frustrated with how the FARP I created wouldn't actually rearm, refuel, or repair any of the vehicles.

There also should be a vehicle service point at the main base similar to the helicopter service point. It would be so nice to be able to drop off a destroyed vehicle at a service point at base and have it be repaired. Especially since the player-made FARPs don't do anything except give infantry an ammo crate.

Either one of those would work, but preferably both. Desperately needed Psycho. In it's current state long-term games became more of a chore than being fun due to it being a logistical nightmare. Everything gets destroyed all around the map and you can't do anything about it since your FARPs don't do anything and there's no place to drop them for a complete repair/refuel/rearm.

I know the combination of all support trucks will accomplish the same thing, but that's so much hassle. It gets really fun when an SU25 attacks my base, destroying all the support trucks at my disposal.

Basically we just need one object that does all three support tasks (rearm/refuel/repair) in a fairly large radius. Ideally this should be an 'H' object (helicopter pad) at player-made FARPs and/or in the main base. Please act on this ticket. This is the worst bug I've seen yet.

Thank you for your time.

(I added this to the projects DevHeaven as well as I feel it's more appropriate there)

thank you Juggernautofwar,

It is not intended that the vehicles can not be repaired by FARP's. ;) so we have the one and only big bug identified.

but... on the other side:

i think its an good idea too, to create a fix rep point in the base. maybee a new lobby param... :)

regards,

Psychobastard

thank-you.jpg

[TcB]-Psycho-

did razor work together with you?!?! if yes (or not) greet him 4 me...long time, no see or speak on ts wih razor!! stop

anyway, nice 2 have a second evo besides saint eggbeasts one(s) heheee...... -stop

downloading now any will gonna test it with some m8 NOW heheee!!! -stop

so, thx 4 your work, time and enthusiasm you spend with ths and i hope it will just rock like the gits evo's!

keep up the good work soldier, nochmals thx dude and a nice rest-sunday to @ll of ya armaholics out there

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

new (hotfix) version is ready for download...

download RevB:

changelog since last relase:

Version number: 2.02.288b (beta)

- fixed: wrong required rank shown by entering a locked vehicle (bug #23832)

- fixed: players in a range from 100 metres around the radio tower, while destroying it, didnt become points

- fixed: Evo repair (FARP's) didnt work (bug #23853)

- fixed: Radiotower was all the time destroyable by everything - satchels wasnt needed

- fixed: the Engineer didnt reward points for repairing destroyed vehicles

- fixed: Officers map marker doesnt delete after capturing (realy? - new feedback needed...)

- fixed: non armored ground vehicles (assigned for instant spawning) did not respawn at base (realy? - new feedback needed...)

this time i didnt work together with razor. I have of him, since we have let the old evo project rest, not heard from him.

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

ahoi, thx 4 da update m8....i know revive is still dissabled...as soon as u implemented it...plz, plz try to add serverparameters to your mission like xeno on his domi, thx.

gits1.jpg

gits2.jpg

gits3.jpg

so everyone can set up his own favorite reviveoption...that would be moore than schaweeeeeeeeettttttttt, sir...over and out

ps: i hope you and saint eggbeast will also get that revive serverparameters running some time

:yay:

Good times so far, I had some problems with the scoring but that may be my insistence on using ACE. After respawn my kills started to count against me.

Great hotfix there Psycho. Glad to see most of my DevHeaven post fixes are implemented. It makes me feel like I contributed some. :) Great work on everything so far, I'm really loving it and so are my friends!

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head right now is to add parachutes to released cargo from the C-130 Hercules. As is when you release vehicles from the C-130 they hit the ground and roll full speed into whatever is in front of them. Ideally there should either be skids on some sort of delivery platform, or far more simply just a parachute attached to the vehicles like the HMMWV you may call from the support menu. What do you think?

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head right now is to add parachutes to released cargo from the C-130 Hercules.

yap, that would be sweet, just like in xenos domis i onced filmed

OsaXCKqV8JI

As is when you release vehicles from the C-130 they hit the ground and roll full speed into whatever is in front of them. Ideally there should either be skids on some sort of delivery platform, or far more simply just a parachute attached to the vehicles like the HMMWV you may call from the support menu. What do you think?

think that should be coming, once i think that already had that in his Evo_Blue_V53_OA.Takistan

today, whiles testing, i could not join a squad?! is that like revive still disabled pyscho?!!?

anyway..great job an keep up the good work soldier

ps: here a vid on your evo testing jsrs with sgt.elias for the pilotsounds and radiochatter

0kblC5V8pfE

We may be wrong about the lacking of a parachute for vehicles. When releasing a vehicle from the C130 a parachute can clearly be seen on the ground below the vehicle, not actually attached to it. It seems the scripting for a vehicle parachute is a bit broken.

I can't seem to be able to pick up Avengers or other forms of armed HMMWVs. I can however pick up tanks using a Chinook. Unarmed HMMWVs can however be picked up by the Chinook.

hi juggernaut, the lack of parachute looks like a small bug. winch and the division who can do what indicates a lack of fine tuning in the definition. i will have a look of both of them. :)

a carpgodrop by c130 (and not only the drop) is planned in further versions. the script for zhis is ready but not implemented yet.

to the revive:

revive is another parts thats upcomming surrely in further versions. but im not sure wish revive it will be.

- norrin revive is not up to date and is eliminated.

- xeno's new domi revive looks good but it feels like a little bit to "beta"

- r3f revive is from a technical view nearly similar to norrins

- bon_ais from BonInf* are my favorite. but I've not yet seen this and knows exactly how stable it is.

i'm very grateful for suggestions! ;)

regards,

Psychobastard

Armored HMMWVs including Avengers cannot be winched up via helicopter since the hotfix. Normal unarmed transport HMMWVs can however be picked up. Strange.

Nicely done! Evo is what got me hooked on ArmA in the first place. I will be downloading it ASAP! and I'll look at the lifting bug JuggernautofWar mentioned and see if I can help.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

O.k. I played for approximately 1 1/2 hours and everything seemed alright. Didn't have any problems with lifting vehicles. I used the ch-47 and lifted linebacker,avenger and the mhq -mev with out issue. This is a good thing since quickly glancing over the files I didn't see anything labeled as heli lift types or anything that would have me look in the file. Not about to go and look at them all one by one. Not Yet at least. I did play with ASR_AI running. Next is Mando Missiles, The stock fire control for guided missiles is lacking to say the least. All in all good so for but I'll get back to you after I have had a chance to play with several people on at the same time. Would like to see how the game runs after awhile and how well it cleans up after it self. Keep up the good work.

and I'll look at the lifting bug JuggernautofWar mentioned and see if I can help.

...thx, not needed - is already fixed. (for next version!)

nice day!

Psycho

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

Hello folks,

it's done: here comes the first real version update! Due to the fact that no major bugs are found now comes the 2. Step faster than scheduled. With the new version 2.03 the package grow to 4 versions of Hohei Evolution.

- co30 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Takistan

- co30 Hohei Evolution 2 CO - Chernarus

- co30 Hohei Evolution 2 OA - Takistan

- co30 Hohei Evolution 2 A2 - Chernarus

Whats the next step?

The next step will be the implementation of Red versions. My schedule is 2 weeks or less if the current versions run without bigger problems. (target version 2.04)

Changelog since 2.02:

- added: A2 und OA only version + CO version for Chernarus

- added: lobbyparameter for fasttime (feature #23855)

- added: Disbanding AI Troops (feature #23867)

- added: Statusbar with some informations about the player in UI-mainmenu

- changed: add all vehicles from all factions to EVO-spawnsystem and liftable types (include ACE2)

- changed: "light" loadout (Carl Gustav replaced with M136 and RPG7 replaced with RPG8, or ranked equipment are useless)

- fixed: wrong required rank shown by entering a locked vehicle (bug #23832)

- fixed: players in a range from 100 metres around the radio tower, while destroying it, didnt become points

- fixed: Evo repair (FARP's) didnt work (bug #23853)

- fixed: Radiotower was all the time destroyable by everything - satchels wasnt needed

- fixed: the Engineer didnt reward points for repairing destroyed vehicles

- fixed: Officers map marker doesnt delete after capturing (realy? - new feedback needed...)

- fixed: no armored ground vehicles (assigned for instant spawning) did not respawn at base (realy? - new feedback needed...)

- fixed: broken airplane and chopper servicepoint (bug #23864)

- fixed: Lift Helicopter UI Bug (bug #23857)

- fixed: "any" was shown in textmessage for ordenanced hq support

- improved: performance by respawn and loadoud-handling

Almost all of these bugs have been fixed and the features you want are implemented.:) Thx for all of your feedback!

I think the A2-only is the most important version cause many A2 free players are on the way.

regards,

Psychobastard

Awesome! Trying it out now. ;)

EDIT: Phahah! Scratched up iPhone for the minimap!

Edited by Rexxenexx