Sign in to follow this  
bfcrusader

Total Biscuit Review

This made me install Hostile Waters

But BIS PR guy is quite terrible. Total Biscuit had to finish his sentences (hope this won't get that guy fired). Still it was enough just watching the gameplay - the game looks promising.

I does look very attractive and more fun presented via live gameplay than just media shots. The engine also manages a good atmosphere and the feeling of an alien planet and the visual effects are quite satisfying. The UI and commanding of the units looks easy to use and intuitive to learn. I also like the vehicle design all the little animation details.

Maybe I should mention that I play the original Carrier Command on my Amiga when it was a new revolutionary blockbuster hit that everyone raved about. Never really got the hang of it back then, so maybe this time around, I should give it the time it deserves.

Congratulations Bohemia on reviving successfully and with dignity a classic, that other companies would easily destroy (as seen by the latest swarm of remakes).

(hope this won't get that guy fired).

I highly doubt that. I assume it's Jan Kunt. The executive producer.

Main goal is to make good games, right? :blush:

Either way, this looks quite good. Most games like these tend be mediocre, but CC:GM seems rather polished, if you ask me. I won't say for certain before I can get my hands on it though :)

This made me install Hostile Waters

But BIS PR guy is quite terrible. Total Biscuit had to finish his sentences (hope this won't get that guy fired). Still it was enough just watching the gameplay - the game looks promising.

it's becoming a problem with reaching a wide audience.

the interview didnt had any 'flow' or real story. with the 'eastern english' it makes the whole interview hard to enjoy.

it would be a good move, if they tried to get someone that speaks english 'more naturally' for on the booth.

The game looked promising but honestly, i didnt made it to the end....

Jay Crowe should be BIS main PR guy at every presentation.

The dude can speak and has a nice sense of humour.

I dislike civil aviation games but when Jay Crowe talks - I'm almost feeling sold.

Definately need someone with a clear understanding of english to do the videos.

There are lots of people who never got into the first game who are interested in this version like myself.

It looks awesome but I spent most of the time watching the video trying to guess

what he was trying to say.

Very likely buying this regardless.

I'd rather have a dev with a bad accent, than some slick PR guy who cant/wont answer the more technical questions.

Edited by sparks50

He is fluent in a second language,

that in itself is an achievement and just to make things worse he is presenting a possible gaming success all on his own with some sort of angryvideonerdkid breathing down his neck and cutting him off at every phrase.

Hats off gentlemen.

Games looking really good.

He isn't very fluent though, He does pronounce words clearly when he finds them but he spends a good deal of time searching for the words to say.

I don't like listening to some slick PR guy hired to do demos but they should find someone on the development team who can play the game, answer questions put to them and describe what their doing all at the same time.

The previous videos were the same. hard to follow what he was trying to express.

Heck, even demos he may have done in Czech with subtitles would be good.

See we don't want a lying guy or over-the-top PR guy like a lot of hollywood-ish games have these days.

The problem is we don't just want to watch, we also want to hear about what we can't see on the screen yet.

With Jay Crowe f.e. we have a non-stop stream of information even during only 7 minutes of video

But Jay Crowe is working on TOH, It would be much better if they have someone who's actually working on Carrier Command to show off their baby.

Hey, wouldn't this be awesome? They could get Ian (gadgetmind) to present the game and give his opinions at the same time :D

The game looks good and seems interesting.

The video presentations so far (e3 and gc) have been poor unfortunately.

I think it is actually not that much the speaker, but the presentation itself is confusing

and people not familiar with the game don't get a good idea.

With a better structure and more focused step by step presentations the result would

be a lot better.

As a side note the same problem is true for the a3 presentations - arma however

already has an existing fan crowd. CC presentations should have a clear focus on new people.

I enjoyed it. :P The game looks good but the amount of vehicles is disappointing.

I enjoyed it. :P The game looks good but the amount of vehicles is disappointing.

That may be, but think about it this way; the amount of ways you can outfit the fighters and tanks for various combat roles makes up for that.