Sign in to follow this  
loyalguard

AEG - ArmA Electrical Grids (Script Pack and Addon)

Hey, i dont get it how i change the pass.

so can anyone tell me more "easy" way.

Thanks

Mathiask1.

hey guys i put some illumination towers on my map with light and i want it to shut down ones the circut breaker is done. What should i put on the condition?

hey Loyalguard! i know im a little late here but i wanted to give kudos for the script! ive been modding in arma since this passed spring and had a couple questions regarding something with the script.

ill keep messing around and see if i can get it ironed out but just wanted to say great scripting!

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/730/aeglogo.jpg

If you are a custom island maker and want to include your island in the AEG simulation (requires no modification of your island), please feel free to contact me.

Hello LoyalGuard.

I m in the end of my Island project and i need to insert the Scripted AEG version.

right now i have on my island one power plant with stack, 16 distributors (8 near power plant, and 1 at each end of the line = 16 distributors)

and 15 transformer poles for villages and factorys.

can you help me customize the scripts for my need?

Thanks in Advance

finaly i did the scripted AEG version working on my island.....

This is a powerfull feature for every island.........

LoyalGuard very good job... thank you !!

can i get rid of the circle markers? (must testing) can i set those points as virtual objects like poles?

thanks

Great mod, very nicely done. Thanks.

I was wanting to make some edits so that all the power is off by default. But when I tried to open the aeg.pbo it is not recognised by either pboview or cpbo. Why is that please? :confused:

Great mod, very nicely done. Thanks.

I was wanting to make some edits so that all the power is off by default. But when I tried to open the aeg.pbo it is not recognised by either pboview or cpbo. Why is that please? :confused:

you need mikero's ExtractPbo.exe

Thanks dragonsyr.

So, to start out with everything off do i change the highlighted bits to false for ech place?

// Create a global array to store information necessary to create all the different objects and logical components required by the AEG simulation. This array will be used by AEG_server.sqf, AEG_client.sqf, AEG_common.sqf, and AEG_JIP.sqf. The array elements are as follows: ["Type_Name_Location", [Object Position Subarray], Object "Class" or ID, addAction?, "EffectType", [supplied Nodes Subarray]]

AEG_objects =

[

["D_Bere", [12857.9,9872.9,0], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", []],

["T_Zele_1", [2256.56,5257.14,0], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["D_Zele", .5], ["T_Zele_2", .5]]],

["T_Zele_2", [2254.26,5236.21,0], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["D_Bere", 1]]],

["D_Zele", [2286.14,5247.76,0], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["T_Zele_2", .5]]],

["T_Cher_1", [6225.57,2163.83,-2.28], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["T_SZag_2", 1], ["D_Cher", .5]]],

["D_Cher", [6248.39,2467.36,6.67], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", []],

["S_Cher", [6264.0,2206.2778,26.65], "Land_Ind_MalyKomin", false, "SMOKE", []],

["P_Cher", [6249.57,2188.1,0], "Land_Ind_Pec_03a", false, "PLANT", [["S_Cher", 1], ["T_Cher_1", 1]]],

["T_SZag_3", [5669.14,2986.78,0], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["T_Zele_1", 1]]],

["T_SZag_2", [5680.46,2948.25,0], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["T_SZag_3", .5], ["D_SZag", .5]]] ,

["T_SZag_1", [5680.74,2984.81,7.6], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["D_SZag", .5], ["T_SZag_3", .5]]],

["D_SZag", [5687.86,2960.26,-2.28], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["D_Cher", .5]]],

["D_Soln", [12782.1,6209.95,1.7], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", []],

["D_Elek", [10452.6,2649.76,4.7], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["D_Soln", 1]]],

["T_Elek_2", [10472,2620.67,8.10], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["D_Zele", .5]]],

["T_Elek_1", [10466.8,2611.02,0], "Land_trafostanica_velka", true, "XFMR", [["T_SZag_1", 1]]],

["S_Elek", [10411.19,2599.3613,55], "Land_Ind_Stack_Big", false, "SMOKE", []],

["P_Elek", [10438.6,2600.89,0], "Land_Ind_Pec_03a", false, "PLANT", [["S_Elek", 1], ["T_Elek_1", 1], ["T_Elek_2", 1], ["D_Elek", 1]]]

];

This is from he readme:

A. Pre-Planned Power Outages

----------------------------

1. TEMPORARY / CORRECTABLE Outages - If a mission maker would like to start a mission with power off (or do so at any other time) and have players be able to restore it, the easiest way to accomplish this is to manipulate the power flowing "out" of a substation or pole transformer. Do not attempt to change an "on" variable as given above. Any forced change to an "on" will be immediately reverted to its last known state by the simulation. Instead, you can change the "out" variable. The names of the "out" variables can be found in the briefing in each demo mission. By making an "out" variable false, players will be able to manually close circuit breakers to make it true again (if not disabled by AEG_manual = false) or via the grid control system dialog. As an example, to "temporarily" turn off the lights in Solnichniy (and surrounding towns/areas) and allow players to be able to turn them back on, use the following code in your mission:

AEG_out_D_Soln = false;

publicVariable "AEG_out_D_Soln";

Be sure to only run this code on the server, and if at mission start, wait at least 5-10 seconds for the grids to be fully initialized first. Failure to use publicVariable could result in some clients not being updated and experience the pertinent effects (since street lamps states, sounds, and particles are all local).

Actually having rad it again, do i have to add this highlighted bit of code to a file for each town? If so, which file do i add that to?

Sorry for the noobishness.

Cheers

I was testing this out, its pretty cool. However I noticed that the lights on the tops of cranes, and the lights at train tracks remain working. Does anyone have the class names for those and know if they are switchable?

I was testing this out, its pretty cool. However I noticed that the lights on the tops of cranes, and the lights at train tracks remain working. Does anyone have the class names for those and know if they are switchable?

Power interruptions cause street lamps to turn off (other light sources are unaffected).

Power interruptions cause street lamps to turn off (other light sources are unaffected).

Am sorry, I gathered that from the beginning when I read the first post.

My question is about the remaining lights that stick out like a sore thumb when you put the power out and there is still lights flashing on and off in the night, at the cranes, smokestacks and train lines. I was asking about the class names for those and if they are switchable in the hope that they can be added and thus make the electrical power system more convincing. I have had a look and not been able to find them.

Am sorry, I gathered that from the beginning when I read the first post.

My question is about the remaining lights that stick out like a sore thumb when you put the power out and there is still lights flashing on and off in the night, at the cranes, smokestacks and train lines. I was asking about the class names for those and if they are switchable in the hope that they can be added and thus make the electrical power system more convincing. I have had a look and not been able to find them.

i think that is the same as runway lights.. unaffected

(you cant turn off those lights)

i think that is the same as runway lights.. unaffected

(you cant turn off those lights)

Can they be destroyed with setDamage 1 to achieve the same effect? Seems like a shame that all the actual lights in the environment are not switchable. Perhaps these lights where forgotten about and need to be added to whichever array it is that records all switchable objects. Should it be reported as a bug?

it is not a bug , and i dont know if someone from the developer team can do something for this.I think that is not so easy to fix.....

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction or even better, show how to set a trigger as "Successful" once a Power Pole has been shut off by the circuit or blasting it with a pipebomb?

I think for my mission, Player will shut off the circuit or 3 or 4 poles on the Zargabad map. I just don't know how to set it to a trigger as an accomplished task...

Thx guys!

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction or even better, show how to set a trigger as "Successful" once a Power Pole has been shut off by the circuit or blasting it with a pipebomb?

I think for my mission, Player will shut off the circuit or 3 or 4 poles on the Zargabad map. I just don't know how to set it to a trigger as an accomplished task...

Thx guys!

i think that you can use the AEG_fnc_yourisland. there you can add some code for spawn one object after activation for the poles or distributor that you need. (i not tested , but it is possible)

Then you can use a trigger that monitor if the spawned object is alive. then i think that s easy for your task.

Sorry for my bad english.

Notice that im noob too, so right now this is the solution i can tell you..

edit :for blasting only, you can use a trigger that monitor the pole if !isalive, but if you turn off the power , the pole is still alive and then the trigger wont help you ...

i hope that helps you.

Edited by dragonsyr

it is not a bug , and i dont know if someone from the developer team can do something for this.I think that is not so easy to fix.....

Arma has lights that are switchable, the fact that some lights are switchable and some are not sounds like a bug to me. I doubt that there are two separate ways coded for handling lights blinking. I bet a beer it is just a matter of adding the class names to the switchable array or whatever registers objects as being switchable.

edit :for blasting only, you can use a trigger that monitor the pole if !isalive, but if you turn off the power , the pole is still alive and then the trigger wont help you ...

i hope that helps you.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to blast them. Just turn off the circuits at the transformers.

When circuit is off, trigger reads it as "Success"....

Arma has lights that are switchable, the fact that some lights are switchable and some are not sounds like a bug to me. I doubt that there are two separate ways coded for handling lights blinking. I bet a beer it is just a matter of adding the class names to the switchable array or whatever registers objects as being switchable.

the blink lights (cranes,antennas) switch off only with damage.. as far i know...

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to blast them. Just turn off the circuits at the transformers.

So use spawn objects in code to monitor when the circuit breaker activated. (file AEG_fnc_Zargabad...all the actions is there)

the blink lights (cranes,antennas) switch off only with damage.. as far i know...

If this is the case then we can script these lights to go off by setDamage. I have tried to find the class names and failed. I have also tried shooting these lights and they seem to be invincible. I will keep this in mind and hopefully find the solution eventually...

Thank you to everyone for the kudos so far!

@IceBreakr: I would love to include your suite of islands if you approve! I am only taking on custom islands with the concurrence of their creators because I do not want interfere with their creative visions. All integration of other islands is done in close coordination and consultation. Integrating an Island with AEG does NOT require any changes to the island....only modification to the AEG code.

AEG ROCKS and makes missions all that much more customizable.

Thanks LoyalGuard.

Any update in regard to IceBreaker getting some AEG on his fine islands?

Fantastic work LG.

Thanks

Edited by Styxx42

Thx guys!

KK,

I am sorry for the delayed response (that applies to everyone else posting a question in this thread). I am not currently developing for ArmA or OA (maybe again one day) so I infrequently log in to the forum. But in order to maintain support for AEG, I will monitor and try to assist when I can.

Each transformer pole included in the simulation has a global variable that stores the current state of the power "flowing" through it. If a pole is destroyed or switched off (it does not matter which) the variable will go from true to false. If you check the state of the variable in your triggers condition, you can trigger it when it becomes false. For example, in Zargabad there is a transformer pole at the villa. To check if the power if off (either by destruction or switched) put the following in the condition line of your trigger:

!AEG_on_D_Zarg_V

You can include multiple variables to check (one for each pole) in the condition line if you only want the trigger to activate when several are destroyed/swtiched offf.

To determine which variables to monitor, run the AEG Zargabad Demo Mission and open the briefing. Inside it contains a map that shows all of the transformer poles support by the simulation and tells you the names of the global variables to check like this:

To determine if D_Zarg_V has power flowing through it, check the condition of AEG_on_D_Zarg_V

I hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 04:47 ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 ----------

AEG ROCKS and makes missions all that much more customizable.

Thanks LoyalGuard.

Any update in regard to IceBreaker getting some AEG on his fine islands?

Fantastic work LG.

Thanks

Styxx42,

I am not currently doing any development work on AEG or anything else ArmA or OA related right now so unfortunately no. I did do some intial evaluation on IceBreaker's awesome islands but never got to anything substantive before I stopped developing. If I am able to get reinvolved with ArmA I would definitely consider working with Ice to bring AEG to his islands.

still no support for lingor ?

as was spoken of on page 3 first post by the island maker :P

Edited by supergruntsb78
extra info found

still no support for lingor ?

as was spoken of on page 3 first post by the island maker :P

No poor bastard ever got a mod by winging for his cause. He got it by helping others or doing it himself.