Sign in to follow this  
loyalguard

AEG - ArmA Electrical Grids (Script Pack and Addon)

Announcing 1.00 Release!!!

See first post for download links and changelog. Only minor tweaks made from the beta version as far as the simulation goes. The 1.00 release contains extensive in-game documentation for mission makers who want to use AEG for tasks/objectives.

Example of In-Game Documentation:

demodoc.th.jpg

I also added islandmaker.txt for island makers who want their islands to have more releastic electrical grids and be more easily supported by AEG.

There is also a server/client version check to ensure that when using the addon version that the server and client have the same version. If they do not, the client version aborts with an alert to the player.

Now that 1.00 is out I can focus on getting some custom islands added!!! Stay tuned!

The last time i spotted this Addon, it was only aviable as a Script for Chernarus. :D

Great Job Loyalguard! :thumb:

- Bug Report AEG 1.0 (Addon Version) :

The Powerstation in Zargabad (Military Base) is without Function.

When you shut the Station down or blew it up, the Sound of Electricity remains and the Lights don´t turn out.

Thanks for the bug report! Hmmm. Let me get on that right away!

--UPDATE EDIT--

@Humvee28 - I am not able to reproduce the bug. I just-retested in the demo and in a regular mission in the editor, SP, and MP Dedicated and it worked fine. Can you provide some more details? Thanks for the help!

-Mission Name: ????

-Other Addons: ????

-Mode: Editor / SP / MP Host / MP Dedicated

-Other Circumstances: ????

Edited by Loyalguard
Bug report feedback

Hmm...

- Mission Name : Demo Mission - Zargabad

- Other Addons : ACE, ASR AI, Beta Patch

- Mode : SP Mission

I will retest with no other Addons loaded, and reporting in then. :)

Loyalguard, i have tried it without Addons, and the Problem with the Zargabad Military Base Powerstation persists.

It seems like that it is the only Station who doesn´t work for me. I´ve re-downloaded the Addon also. Dunno whats going on. :(

Humvee28,

That is very strange. Just to be safe I also tested with ACE and ASRAI without issue and re-downloaded and ran it without mods and still have no issue.

I am going to send you a PM with a special debug mission. If you are willing, would you mind doing the following:

1. Save then debug mission to single missions.

2. Run it in SP.

3. Go to the pole at the Zargabad military base and using the action menu trip the circuit breaker.

4. Wait a few seconds and if you see the option to close circuit breaker please select that as well.

5. End the mission.

6. Go to your .rpt file. Inside it you should find a lot of entries that look like this:

DEBUG: SP: B 1-1-A:1 (User): TIME: 0.016: AEG_init.sqf: Thread started.
DEBUG: SP: B 1-1-A:1 (User): TIME: 0.016: AEG_init.sqf: SP Detected - MP JIP check skipped.
AEG: Addon init started...

Please send me a pm with the contents of your .rpt or at least all entries that start with "DEBUG" and look like the above.

----

Alternatively, create simple mission in the editor of any man unit near the pole at the Zargabad base. Do not use the addon or script demo. Save the mission to single missions and run it to see if you have the same issue.

Thanks for your help!

If anyone else experiences any bugs like Humvee28 reported please advise. It may only be related to the current beta and may resolve itself. If you are using the current stable 1.59 and see bugs like this please let me know! Thanks all!

--EDIT---

The problem seems to be connected to the OA 85478 beta patch only. This will hopefully self-resolve when the 1.60 patch is final.

Edited by Loyalguard
Bug related to 1.59.85478 beta patch only

Announcing 1.01 Release!!!

See first post for download links and changelog. I am very happy to announce that the 1.01 release adds support for Qom Province by Tupolov.

Qom Province Mahmoudabad Power Plant:

qomd.th.jpg

Other than adding Qom, other changes are only small tweaks to the simulation and demos that do not affect gameplay.

Also thanks to Humvee28 for tracking down an issue with SP missions (not AEG missions) within the SP Mission folder that may have errors that may cause some grid features not to work. Removal of the other missions restores full functionality. If you experience such issues, check your .rpt to see if this could be an issue.

I am currently evaluating more islands so stay tuned.

Great mod. You should think about cooping with the CWR2 team, that'd be awesome.

@Sif - Thanks! I am happy to work with any anyone who wants to use AEG as part of their missions, islands, addons, mods, or other projects.

@johanna - If you know the island maker, please feel free to tell them to contact me to collaborate.

I like this script pack a lot :)

I used it with "War in Takistan"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=111504

Is it possible to set a period of time to re-enable the power?

About the following:

The mission is to kill a warlord in ANAR. I turned of the power grid in ANAR.

But on foot I need some time to the center of ANAR.

What do the civilians normally when the power fails? They turn it on again.

Can the power grid are avaible after about 10 or 15 minutes back on?

Unless I blow it away. Then it may no longer be turned on.

Thanks and go on with your work :D

Upuaut

Thanks everyone for the links and comments!

Can the power grid are avaible after about 10 or 15 minutes back on?

Unless I blow it away. Then it may no longer be turned on.

Upuaut

Absolutely Upuaut, this is easily done. Here is a short script that will do it. Just put it in your mission file and execute it at mission start from the init.sqf or a unit init line. Make sure you only run this on the server:

//restoreAnar.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

//Wait untl the power is switched off manually.
waitUntil {!AEG_out_D_Anar};

// Wait 15 mins (900 secs).
sleep 900;

// Switch the power back on automatically.
AEG_out_D_Anar = true;

As you requested, this will only work if you switch it off. If you blow it up the power will stay off.

What the script does is wait for the variable that controls power flowing out of the pole to become false (which is what happens when you manually switch it off). For Anar, the variable is AEG_out_D_Anar . All variables in AEG like this one can be found in the briefing in the the demo missions to include a description and how to manipulate them for your mission can be found in missionmaker.txt

Also note, this will only work once. If the script turns power back on, if the player turns it off again it will not restore. To make it repeat do this instead:

//restoreAnar.sqf

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

// Create an endless loop.
while {true} do
{
   //Wait untl the power is switched off manually.
   waitUntil {!AEG_out_D_Anar};

// Wait 15 mins (900 secs).
   sleep 900;

// Switch the power back on automatically.
   AEG_out_D_Anar = true;
};

Edited by Loyalguard

@Sif - Thanks! I am happy to work with any anyone who wants to use AEG as part of their missions, islands, addons, mods, or other projects.

@johanna - If you know the island maker, please feel free to tell them to contact me to collaborate.

Hey, i gave him a message, and here is his profile http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=55470

Would be soo coool with this mod in a large citymap!

Really hoping this will get a reality! :thumbsup:

As say in private post: YEAH! Go ahead mate! :) you've full rights to make the best power grid ever seen on ArmA2 world :)

Thanks

Thanks Shezan! Work is 80% complete. I just have to test create the briefing and mission maker guidance.

Great mod!!!only issue

can electric volume down a bit, compared with the other game sounds , is high or reduce ratio hear

Hey, some (probably nooby) questions regarding AEG script version.

I need to mission to start with the power off in the Elektrozavodsk power station, so I created a trigger activated by anybody with the activation field:

"AEG_out_D_Elek = false"

First time around this worked perfectly and I could restart the power, but for some reason it has stopped working. Hopefully it is something obvious? I think there is probably a more effective way to disable the power.

Secondly, I need an objective to the complete when the power is returned, I tried doing a reverse version of the provided example by creating a trigger with the activation field as:

"waitUntil {(AEG_on_D_Elek)}; hint "Power On""

But this doesn't work, I think maybe it is tied to the first problem?

I have literally zero understanding of scripting, and even after reading the mission makers read-me and looking at the example missions I am still completely clueless, so many, many thanks in advance.