Sign in to follow this  
Rail82

disassemble/reassemble static weapons

Hi all, I'm having trouble here disassembling and reassembling static weapons, and using bagged static weapons.

I have patch 1.57, while searching the forums I read that in patch 1.54 they removed the tripod bag by accident, was this fixed in the 1.57 patch?

I cannot use the bagged static weapons, I cannot add a tripod bag to anyone in editor, I can't disassemble static weapons, regardless if they are "empty" or "BLUFOR" in the editor. (I have placed an empty one, and placed a blufor one with a gunner and still cannot break it down into bags and carry it around.)

I just get the option to enter as gunner, I never get the disassemble option.

I have used the m252 members in the editor and tried dropping the base plate and standing over it with the m252 on my back and cannot get an assemble option. I have dropped both bags on or near each other and cannot get it to work either.

I have tried with the m252 gunner, asst gunner, ammo bearer soldiers, as well as a plain rifleman and an engineer, and still never get the option to assemble.

I have tried this every which way and still no luck. As far as I know, you drop a flipping tripod on the ground and stand over it with the bagged weapon on your back and choose assemble... or just disassemble a static weapon into two bags, transport it and then repeat the steps above. None of this works for me, I cannot even disassemble.

I really need this to work one way or the other and I'm at my wits end here. Any help is really appreciated.

Try with both items on the ground. But first where are you getting the weapons from?

Did you add the m252 or tripod to your x_client.sqf/weaponcargo_(yourversion).sqf

Sounds like your missing the tripod classname....... Have you tried freelook?

I've never had that prob and I've added every weapon at one point or another. 1.57 is barebones for arty I myself have it added to the paradrop menu. not a big fan of arty spamers or the point and click arty comp. If you just want mortars to use you have several options I think paradroping them is a good start for you. And you wont need the editor.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

That's an ACE issue that's been resolved, just waiting for a patch.

Are you running ACE?

I do, and we have similar issues. I assumed the OP does as well seeing as he references "m252 gunner, asst gunner, ammo bearer" units which are from ACE.

I am running ACE.

I just want to pick up a static weapon, or start with one in bags, and move it somewhere else and use it... I don't care if it's mortars or machine guns.

So I take it I cannot do this using ACE at this time?