Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

My trip to BIS at Gamescom 2011- Great!

Mines, as we know them today, will probably continue to be removed from the inventories of most modern militaries and replaced by intelligent "man-in-the-loop" systems like Spider and Scorpion.

"Dumb" mines are too politically incorrect these days.

Although after a protracted future World War, maybe the kiddie gloves will come off again. ;)

Although after a protracted future World War, maybe the kiddie gloves will come off again. ;)

I think this is the most likely scenario.

Indeed. At the very least we now have an assortment of mines and explosives to use, in vanilla at least. Of course this will also open up a whole new chapter of teamkilling incidents in MP, lol. Also, oh god oh god, attaching satchels without having a 3rd party addon to do it!!! So many times I manage to sneak up on sleeping piece of armor, plant a satchel under it, and before I can get far enough away, something attracts it's attention and it drives off, ffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Indeed. At the very least we now have an assortment of mines and explosives to use, in vanilla at least. Of course this will also open up a whole new chapter of teamkilling incidents in MP, lol. Also, oh god oh god, attaching satchels without having a 3rd party addon to do it!!! So many times I manage to sneak up on sleeping piece of armor, plant a satchel under it, and before I can get far enough away, something attracts it's attention and it drives off, ffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Don't worry, now they'll back over you while you're placing it :bounce3:

Everything else I wanted to hear about

Sound engine improvements and vanilla sounds

Dismembermant possibility

More light sources and particles

Seperate reload animations for each weapon/type.

DX11 support and even a seperate Artist to do the job.

Check

BIS you guys are god like. Bravo

Edited by Flash Thunder

Thanks for the detailed report PurePassion :hyper:

At first, a few months ago, I wasn't all too excited about ArmA III. After reading this latest report, I can say that I am totally stoked.

Very nice! I had high hopes that what they first showed wouldn't be it, though if you watched closely you could see a few subtle changes through each..steering wheel, some of the animation and caustics weren't visible in their first demo.

It's also nice to know that those who said BI was just making A3 with A2 effects for money are wrong, as always when they say such a thing about an Arma sequel..each one brought some new elements but more than that it is good to know they are focusing on improving elements previously used as well.

Edited by NodUnit

It will be big.. Thanks for your informations.

I'm looking forward to this game. Definitely buy it.

Just question, whether it will improve (repair) glare and problems with lights and shadows:

And also, whether they work at the dark storm with a beautiful rain (better weather generally), such as the game Stalker:

Edited by Warpo

At first, a few months ago, I wasn't all too excited about ArmA III. After reading this latest report, I can say that I am totally stoked.

well... ur stoked - and to make it worse , check the following http://mature-gaming.com/news/arma-iii-studio-visit-and-presentation/

It features background information about the field-trips to lemnos, and live gun-testing. MUST READ!

Edited by jerryhopper

I will update the thread when I have some more free time. Good read PP!

So in the end did petkka let you tell EVERYTHING or is there some stuff he asked you not to tell (no need to be specific ofc;))

well in fact i didnt talk to him yet ^^ He seems somehow lost... Jay told me he might be in vacation, so thats ok.

There are some engine related and more points that are still open. Once I will be able to reach him, i will update the post :)

What moar would anyone want from a game?We get all the win in single package!:dance1:

Now I can't even imagine the awsomness the ACE team will do when time comes...

awsome read PP, thx for sharing!

Edited by Bee8190

Alright, had WAAAaaay more 'Mil-Gasms' than is allowed by law in some countries. Have every hope that this is THE games engine. You know, the one prophets wrote about way back in 1970's? The ancient scrolls (called floppys) said that 'Soon there will be a game to end all games, and it would come forth out of the hills of Brno'... :D

Thanks PP and BIS. Looks and sounds like the big one all over again!

Also thanks for that that article Jerry Hopper! Though I think the author has been tossed in the BIS dungeon for failing to use proper titles *ahem* LORD Ivan... He. will. learn.

Hello lads :)

Thank you for every second of your hard work for making a game that people like me and you can enjoy. But its more than just a game. Its an experience! The Arma experience, which has come to another level!

never a truer word spoken!

So I am assuming we get all the existing goodies ported to Arma3 plus a whole lot of new stuffs. Really interested in how the underground structure will play out, and whether the AI will be able to traverse it.

Thanks for the nice write-up.

Really good write up! posted on ausarma for more exposure :)

That sounds really great. When I think about all the tons of features Arma 3 will have, it's clear that this will be a way bigger leap then from A1 > A2.

Anyone playing Mass Effect? They pushed back M3 over half a year, just to ensure the QA is good enough for the players.

What I want to say: personally I can even wait until 2013 if times running out for BIS to polish the game. Of course that's not something easily done, that would mean yet another year without sales for A3, but I as I customer would rather favor a more polished games than e.g. A2 when it was released ... OTOH, heck I'd pre-order the game today if it were available :D

Is there any new info about red dot sights in general? Will they or will they not try(notice I only say "try") to work on it so that they function "normally"?

Is there any new info about red dot sights in general? Will they or will they not try(notice I only say "try") to work on it so that they function "normally"?

I think they will ,but now they are busy with other things

I liked to see - proper aimpoint/holo/reflex sight simulation , mainly parallax and proper looking reticle , because IRL aimpoint dot is not just clear red , real one is glowing

Also proper Laser device - i see they got DBAL , so it would be nice to have IR laser and visible one too and able to use laser and flashlight together (not possible in OA)

Edited by RobertHammer

They are also working on an Heat haze effect for jet engines etc. ( fire, vapor trails).

PRAIZE THE F*CKIN LORD!!! :rolleyes:

I've been waiting on that for ages

Thank you PurePassion.

One gets the feeling that BI really see Arma as a developer's sandbox and a challenge to fit as much cool stuff in as possible with their budget limitations.