Sign in to follow this  
deltaGhost

Visitor 3 bulldozer not is not showing the textures objects and other stuff.

Alrigth so , ive download the bi Sample map , i ran it into the visitor 3 and yeah , i can see objects on visitor 3 , the 2d image , but not in bulldozer , it's white and empty of objects.

so is that normal?

if it's not how do i load them in ?

whats that rvmat thing ?

i Have arma 2 and arrowhead , so combined ops also.

Edited by deltaGhost

Hi deltaGhost...

Firstly - watch out for picture sizes - the limit is 100kb per picture - you might want to edit & fix that...

OK... That "samplemap" is a little out of date now - it's from Arma 1...

I'd suggest you start with something a little more up to date... maybe try this initial setup guide which will explain some basic setup stuff, then direct you to the best all-round Arma 2 tutorial... that tutorial will lead you through the whole process - files provided - and you should end up in-game with a proper working demo island.....

After that you'll be ready to tackle something more sophisticated - plus, you'll have made sure your tools etc are all set up correctly...

B

I made some stuff last year, but i left modding for a while , now im back and im just a bit lost .

sorry about the image ill try to upload a correct one next time

alrigth thank you for the tip i'll try that thanks for replying me that fast. But aren't you providing any sample map ? ive already did all the proces of the mask and all and i got it , a sample fast would make the things easier since i already know how visitor 3 works , so also i can refresh my memory.

so the question is , do you know of any sample map for visitor of arma 2 and arrowhead ?

Well basically what i want to do is use some models i made for 3d max and get them into my map , my terrain , wich won't be an island , i know it's possible to make a simple map ive seen a few, i know how to use oxygen , but i prefer 3d max because it's much better for making models , i supose i won't have any problems on importing , objects in visitor 3 of 3d max or maya.

thx

Edited by deltaGhost

Hi again....

Yeah - the Sgt Aces Tutorial - (stickied at the top of this section) includes a samplemap... if you know what you're doing and your tools are already setup you could go directly to that.... that little guide I sent you to just sort of replaces the initial setup section of that tutorial - then points you at a "safe" place to start... just at the bit where you download the provided "Tut_SampleMap"...

For more sophisticated sample source files... well, there aren't many so far... I released a couple of "scale demos" which you could take a look at I suppose - I guess they count as working source files examples... you can get them in the "Resources & Tutorials section " of my wee website - maybe take a look at "Yeonpyeong"... I'm gonna release a few little demo ones soon, but they're terrain only - basically designed to illustrate how all the basic parts like configs, mask & sat, etc fit together...

As far as using "other" models directly in Visitor - I really don't know, but I'd imagine they'd need to be in O2/.p3d format and properly configured in the usual BIS style before they'd work properly..

B

alrigth thank you btw i tried oen of your oalndscape nice work

fast question of yes/no , do you really have to isntall the tools in your false drive? the P drive the virtual drive?

When you install the tools it creates the P:\ drive - which is a "virtual drive" - you install the tools themselves on a spare drive or a partition of your main drive... it's all in the guide I recommended... it even links to a video showing the tools being installed...

B

thanks for the information :)

alrigth so this is how i did install them right next to arma 2 file

problem1a.png

and is that normal? well the thing is that , i have my windows in spanish but arma was installed in an english folder " program files " instead of a spanish language folder wich it is " archivos de programa " , so i installed the tools there , and i can run them with no problem , im gettign this but i gues its not important no?

problem2j.png

vacio = empty i gues that windows its programmed to only include the programs in the start " inicio" when they are in the main by language " program files folder " in this case " archivos de programa " next time ill isntall my windows as im english ....

im worried that this will give me problems to the future i hope not

ah alrigth ive already got that tut one i download it ages ago so thats the one i guess?

ah ok now i start to remember it maybe you have to do a few strange things with the cpp file of your p drive .. ill jsut check the youtube tutorial of gnat i gues it was

yeah so that one is ok for isntallign the tools? i used that one and i could go far away with the oxygen 2 i crated my own actors/soldiers/characters and all : P was cool now it's time for maps and then master the actors/soldiers/characters , how are they technically called? " the soldiers... thx

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Alright , just curious , can you make for example this kind of " landscape " with

L3DT

Zone 1 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/zone1.png/

Zone 2 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/zone2.png/

Zone 3 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/zone3.png/

click and zoom

i want i need to make an exact one

"Note" i dont mean the big rocks , i can make the big rocks myself.

Edited by deltaGhost

Btw another thing Bush in your tutorial , you should advice that if you have mods , so another PBOs appart from the vanilla ones like modificationn and stuff , the mikeros tool "Arma2P" , will unPBO them to , because that can generate some chaos :confused: on armawork you know

also they get dropped outside of the CA folder wich makes it worse " opinion " because it gets together with the arma work files...

Edited by deltaGhost

hi again!

arma was installed in an english folder " program files " instead of a spanish language folder wich it is " archivos de programa " , so i installed the tools there , and i can run them with no problem , im gettign this but i gues its not important

Both the guide and the tutorial install video I recommended advises a separate disk or partition - say, for example - a D:\ drive... then the tools are installed to D:\BIS TOOLS\

When I install like that, I still get all the appropriate entries for the tools in my main "Start" (Inicio) menu... I don't suppose that's hyper-important though - you can always make your own desktop shortcuts to the programs...

the main thing to be aware of is that - as you've noticed - the next step after installing the tools is to unpack your entire game... even though that "seems" to get stored on a P:\ drive - it's a "virtual" P:\ drive of course - the actual files get stored in with the tools - so that means that tools folder will get quite big! - 30GB+ isn't uncommon... so make sure there's room.... that's why a separate drive or a big partition is recommended... it keeps things tidier too...

can you make for example this kind of " landscape " with L3DT.... i need to make an exact one

An exact copy might be difficult without a copy of the original heightmap...

you should advice that if you have mods , so another PBOs appart from the vanilla ones like modificationn and stuff , the mikeros tool "Arma2P" , will unPBO them to , because that can generate some chaos..... also they get dropped outside of the CA folder wich makes it worse

As far as I'm aware, Arma2P should only unpack actual Game Files... It doesn't have a list of those files though - I think it goes with what it finds in the "official" addons folders.... Did you have these Mods inside the Official "Addons" folders?

Every ".pbo" has a little textfile inside it called $PBOPREFIX$... it's a textfile and it just contains a "path"... Arma2P reads this file and uses that path to store the unpacked .pbo files...

For example - if you unpack the standard Arma 2 "misc.pbo" and read it's $PBOPREFIX$ file - it reads "CA\Misc".... so when Arma2P unpacks that file - it stores the contents in your "P:\CA\Misc" folder....

If you unpack one of my addons - for example "Faffindale Island", you'd find a $PBOPREFIX$ that read "Bush\Faffindale"...

IF Arma2P were to unpack that modfolder - it would store the data in P:\Bush|Faffindale"

But it would never do that - unless it found that addon in beside Official Game Files.....

I have literally hundreds of mods... especially terrains... Several dozen different modfolders in my Arma2 main directory...

Arma2P didn't unpack any of them...

Best check your "official" game folders - make sure only "official" files are in there...

B

Well so , yeah it unpacked my extra addons also lol but no problem at all

and i got to get the sample map working on less than an hour 20 times less taht took me before

so as far i can tell that your tutorial rules : P

i also could introduce some objects and a lot of stuff and run them into arma 2 i made like a cqb training camp lol

So , do you know of any tutorial wich explain how to send your 3d models made for example with maya or 3d max , into vistor 3

so thats 3dmax-- export -arma format- import--visitor 3

maybe ill ahve to use oxygen , and also im concerned that i won't be able to make them get destroyed ingame , they will be all anti nuke bunkers lol

Did you have these Mods inside the Official "Addons" folders?

and it isnt illegal to unpack the official 3d models of arma 2 XD?

yes

About the zones , they have not to be exact , i mean some variation won't mind it's just the concept of it not 100% , like 75 % same , its the 4 levels of the georgian mountain and then the caves , i know how to make caves on 3d max studio what i don't know is how ill introduce one in visitor 3 lol

" i tell this of the caves because theres some at the the top and they are important " so can your experience tell if are you able to get some caves in a map

i mean , afghanistan = caves full of talibans and takistan = afghanistan and i haven't found any caves in takistan yet, weird. Probably it's impossible to set a cave on a arma 2 map? :S

maybe if i make one inside a rock :? xD

Also how do i make ah satellite image of it?

How i make the ingame map ?

Edited by deltaGhost

OMG , this L3DT it's so complex for what im actually looking for, thats a terrain generator , there isn't just that you can just model on 3d and then export to heigthmap?

That program it's so complex comapred with wilbur the one i used before and it was not too bad

Back to the question there isn't a " terrain creator tool " wich you model in 3d and you make your own kind of mountains by 3d and then export to heighmap? simplier one i mean i can't do anythign with this xD... So many options!

Can you in this program just create a simple " plain land and make your way, or it will crate over and over some islands ?

And another thing about l3dt can you use it to make caves?

cavesmap.th.png

place them there horizontaly

Edited by deltaGhost