Sign in to follow this  
mhdh15

Playing Coop SP Campaign in ONE Team??

Hallo there,

I'm new in Arma2 OA and have a little question.

I want to play the SP campaign in Coop with my brother. We are able to connect and start to play -NO Problems.

But we want to play the campaign in ONE Team, so that we can fight together side by side. Is it possible to realize that? Just at the moment, sometimes i don't find him on the field, or need long time to search him on the map. We want to play Coop together in one Team, drive eg one tank, and i want to see him highlighted on the map. Is this possible? Please help me...

Thanks

Greetings from Germany

Which mission you are playing? Harvest Red campaign allows you to play co-op in the same team.

öh, i just start Single Player, choose campaign and take the first of two Campaigns. It starts with intro about a failure sniper assassination. The first campaign mission starts at an airport which we have to secure and after this to secure two villages.

I have Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead stand alone - baught over steam.

The second available Campaign starts in a desert village where we have to search our team.

Well i will look at home for the Name of the campaing which we want to play in coop in one team;)

Is Harvest red the campaign from Arma 2, the original game - without the addons?

Edited by mhdh15

The campaign you're talking about is the main OA campaign, which puts the players in different roles by design. You can't play together in the same team in that campaign.

The original Arma2 campaign ("Harvest Red") puts you in the same team, but you would need Arma2 for that. Otherwise you can always look for some 3rd party coop campaign.

:( Ok thanks for your Replay,

than i have to look for some downloadable Coop Campaigns - in my mind a coop campaign is only interesting, when you see your friend fighting on the field together otherwise i could play lonley as SP - Big fault in my eyes.

Hi, you could look into this one, it's highly rated and should be for OA standalone:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109783&highlight=bardosy

But right now, you can get Arma2 at a bargain at Sprocketidea.com. Think the offer lasts a few more days. That would give you access to a lot more content:

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=30&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

-OP

Oh thanks for your help,

when I will be back home this evening, i will try it out:) Thank you very much.

I can also highly recommend the campaign in the PMC DLC. It's specifically designed for two people to play in coop, in a team of course, and has some great variety to the missions.

For op arrowhead you can buy 2 dlc baf and pmc in they have new units and vehicles new campaigns and missions. And pmc campaign[11 ? missions] its coop for 2 players in 1 team.

3 topics with the same question really is not necassary at all. Crossposting is not allowed on these forums and 1 topic will do just fine as you see.

I locked the other 2 topics.

In case you aren't aware of the forum rules, read them:

http://forums.bistudio.com/misc.php?do=showrules

DLC = DownLoadable Content eg

PMC = Private Military Company

BAF = British Armed Forces.

I got mine from Sprocket

the Private Military Company (PMC) and British Armed Forces (BAF) mini expansion packs are downloadable addons that bring some new cools things to the game. as others have mentioned, the PMC campaign is 2 player coop and great fun, if you dont take it too seriously (like some people like to do). the BAF campaign is single player only, but a couple of the missions have mutliplyer coop versions. check out the main arma 2 web site for more details

also, the campaign that was linked earlier (mighty justice) isnt coop compatible to my knowledge, unfortunately.

Edited by That guy