Sign in to follow this  
TriPro

BIS at the GC: Very kind!

Actually to me it looked like AIs reacted to threats just as slowly as in pre 835xx-whatever beta.

Considering that right now even zero-skill AI reacts to a threat very fast I'm not really worried.

This. Playing with recent Betas the AI are pretty deadly and I'm sure it'll only get better by next years time.

Did anyone noticed the physics effect when the AI got shot @ 1:54? Bit un-natural looking.

Physics or hit animation I wonder? Does look a little wonky but its great that there is now some reaction to getting hit as opposed to the "hmm, maybe a mosquito" non-flinch that is now.

Wonder if weapon misfire due to getting hit will be in?

Like the short reflex of pulling the trigger due to the pain

Agreed, or if anything at all will be done other than a metallic "clank".

We need more info! Thanks to TotalBiscuit showing Arma3 video preview from GC but I'm hunger for more :D I wonder do we see more videos, maybe from gametrailers or maybe Arma3 GC trailer :O And whats up those community previews, i've heard armaholic sent their guys there etc.

Need moar! :D

dunno about misfire (unless it's made as an 'option' to be turned on or off) but certainly some kind of reflexive jolt would be nice.

I think that was supposed to be a jolt tho his whole torso bent rather which looked a little unrealistic. Pulling and throwing a shoulder from the rear as well as a quick hand to wound in the front with crumple would work :)

Edited by froggyluv

Couldn't this be handled as part of handledamage or hit EHs combined with fired EH? Could be rather interesting to toy with even today. Evey time you hit the trigger, you reset a timer. When hit, it checks how long time passed, and if short enough a random chance of accidentally firing your weapon using a script command (if possible).

I think that was supposed to be a jolt tho his whole torso bent rather which looked a little unrealistic. Pulling and throwing a shoulder from the rear as well as a quick hand to wound in the front with crumple would work :)

I might get flamed for this, but I think Red dead redemption have a good animation system for getting shot at, pretty fun to look at too. Maybe BIS can pick up a thing or two from that.

Just to make something clear:

- The Cynical Brit video tells all about Arma 3 in Gamescon, there is nothing else to add?

- The Cynical Brit video tells all about Arma 3 in Gamescon, there is nothing else to add?

It's possible that PurePassion has some more info, but I guess he's still waiting on pettka to give him the go-ahead to release it. :)

I think Red dead redemption have a good animation system for getting shot at, pretty fun to look at too. Maybe BIS can pick up a thing or two from that.

Yeah, it looks awesome - maybe because its not really animated at all. When you shoot someone in RDR this ragdoll plugin takes over, creates a force impulse on the model and the plugin makes the model trying to regain ballance as if being drunk.

Very nice effect indeed and the most realistic 'being shot' movements ever witnessed in a game.

I just found this video. Anyone speak Italian? :) But every Arma 3 video is great. :D

http://multiplayer.it/video/arma-iii-per-pc/arma-iii-la-videoanteprima-dalla-gamesco-2011.lo/

added: Did they killed him under the water? It looks like he is dead.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

added: http://mature-gaming.com/news/arma-iii-studio-visit-and-presentation/

google is powerful tool for arma's news :).

Edited by BoboCZ

lol there is the bug from OA - while you moving with binoculars left and right , the weapon is quick switching

btw they need to add proper aimpoint/holo/reflex sight simulation , mainly parallax and proper looking reticle , because IRL aimpoint dot is not just clear red , real one is glowing

Also proper Laser device - i see they got DBAL , so it would be nice to have IR laser and visible one too and able to use laser and flashlight together (not possible in OA)

Edited by RobertHammer

I cynicalbrit video?

Post what I obviously have missed..

It's possible that PurePassion has some more info, but I guess he's still waiting on pettka to give him the go-ahead to release it. :)

yeah thats it. I have about 35 points, so its a lot ^^ Jay told me that he travelled seperately and that he might still be in vacation. No response yet..

Nice article find BoboCZ:

I was shown squads in small fire fights away from your position adopt their own strategies and positions that were compliant with strategies that would be adopted in real life. Soldiers covering each other and moving in proper formations as well as taking up attacking and defensive positions depending on what was happening in the fire fight or how they were progressing through a village

I hope this is true tho didn't see much of that in the video. AI holding defensive positions would be a large improvment.

A.I. Improvements are also vast and a lot of time has gone into refining the A.I. Experience so that you will not see a lot of the mistakes that happened in Arma II making their way into III. As funny as it may have been watching a rabbit riding on a quad into battle these sorts of things are not going to happen here.

Thats truly odd. Never seen the AI do that before.

yeah thats it. I have about 35 points, so its a lot ^^ Jay told me that he travelled seperately and that he might still be in vacation. No response yet..

Why you can't simple post it? It was part of GC so what? :p

lol there is the bug from OA - while you moving with binoculars left and right , the weapon is quick switching

btw they need to add proper aimpoint/holo/reflex sight simulation , mainly parallax and proper looking reticle , because IRL aimpoint dot is not just clear red , real one is glowing

Also proper Laser device - i see they got DBAL , so it would be nice to have IR laser and visible one too and able to use laser and flashlight together (not possible in OA)

What are you waiting for? You can be first user in Arma3 devheaven bug list ;) http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a3-cit/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1

Ivan has informed me that the squad command wheel is giving way to a more selfish experience, playing as one soldier in a battle that will come to life around you. There will be elements of squad command again but nowhere near as heavy as what was used in Arma II, something that was complained about and something that has been looked into.

This information from mature-gaming.com is interesting. That's exactly something for me. Does it mean that there will be new command interface in arma3, or only tasks in single player campaign will be more single player only? GC build probably don't have new interface yet.

Edited by BoboCZ

Even a small little demonstration of an armoured vehicle towing a car, showing independent weight distribution through every part of the rope and the two vehicles looked impressive.

awesome

Games.cz publish first part interview with Martin Vaňo. http://games.tiscali.cz/rozhovor/arma-3-rozhovor-s-martinem-vanem-1-cast-56723

Really interesting interview, he talk about story, so on... e.g. story will take place 30-40 years in future, so no 2025 year, it looks like 2040-50 year. Some civilians can report against you to enemys.

No new video from the game, but you can see Martin Vaňo personally.

I have to go now, have some duty.