Sign in to follow this  
dammond

Civvies Civvies! Its all about the Civvies!

Hello!

So, unless you never use the multiplayer function on Arma 2, or Arma, then you would be aware of a game mode usually referred to as "life". If you are unaware of how/what it is, it is a free roam, cops and civilians mode in Arma, that puts an emphasis on role play, and realism. It is similar to a more in dept, role play version of grand theft auto, with the exception being, not all civilians are criminals, and you can also play as the local police.

Now, as you are aware/not aware. The civilian vehicles are very bad in Arma. Now, its not the models are bad, they are quite detailed. But in Chernarus, Zargabad, and even Takistan, we ALWAYS get old, russian, cars. Now, since this is supposed to be a "vacation island" will that mean.. more middle class/upper class citizens? If so.. that would hopefully mean more newer, cars. As, cars are a very important part of any life game. Also, do you think we will see more western civilian models?

Give me your thoughts!

Dammond

Well it's the year 2020+. Lord Ivan said that we will see a much more modern civilian world starting from clothing all the way to cars.

So yeah :)

Will we get flying cars already?

But no srsly, I´m looking forward to what kind of content we´ll get for the civilian faction this time. The most modern car we got with A2 was the golf. Maybe we´ll even get one or two really fancy cars this time. Bugatti Veyron, anyone?

But while talking about cars, pls bring back the "point to steer" controls of CWA. Made driving cars so much easier.

Now, since this is supposed to be a "vacation island" will that mean.. more middle class/upper class citizens? If so.. that would hopefully mean more newer, cars. As, cars are a very important part of any life game. Also, do you think we will see more western civilian models?

Sooo....

I take it you want to see a Ferrari in ARMA III. If so Then I totally agree with you! A Ferrari is needed in a mist of war. BIS has forgotten the most important element in war. "Sweet Cars"

*cough**cough*A Learjet Also*cough**cough*

we ALWAYS get old, russian, cars.

BIS added a upgrade to every old car in the ARMA series. I mean you gotta love that push to start feature right?

Edited by Haystack15

my thoughts: Pseudo-Arma-life gamemods are not the aim for any of the future BIS game, so i wouldn't be hopping for much. I wouldn't say the the cars in BIs are bad, they fir perfectly with the environments.

That said, i personally would love the old trabant back.

my thoughts: Pseudo-Arma-life gamemods are not the aim for any of the future BIS game, so i wouldn't be hopping for much. I wouldn't say the the cars in BIs are bad, they fir perfectly with the environments.

That said, i personally would love the old trabant back.

Slap an electric motor on it and it will hold you for ages :D. Oh yeah and some MFD's and neon's to make it look all futuristic and what not.

I actually wouldn't expect Lemnos to change much, if at all, in the next decade or too (especially considering the present economic situation), but hey, its Armaverse, they could well have flying Ferraris with lasers.

I love the ARMA cars. They reallly add to the atmosphere of the game, as they are well modeled and are what you think you might see in 3rd world/under developed nations.

I do wish there were more of them though, but I love the look and feel.

Ferraris, Lambos, etc. ruin that feeling and thats why we have modders. However, I'm not opposed to things like SUVS and up armored limos and such as long as it fits the atmosphere and isn't just for show.

fancier cars should be in the game but not to extent that all cars look fancy, just like real life modern cars share the roads with old junk on wheels.

Sooo....

I take it you want to see a Ferrari in ARMA III. If so Then I totally agree with you! A Ferrari is needed in a mist of war. BIS has forgotten the most important element in war. "Sweet Cars"

*cough**cough*A Learjet Also*cough**cough*

BIS added a upgrade to every old car in the ARMA series. I mean you gotta love that push to start feature right?

lol in another game i used to transport troops using ferrari

I agree more with the topic title than the OP.

To me the ARMA cars are fine. But I would really love to see more emphasis on civilian (AI) behaviour. I think the ALICE(2) module is really great, and a huge step in the right direction. It can be a pain to use though. It would be awesome if it was easier/more configurable, so that we could set markers/triggers to define where to spawn civilians, and how many and such. I am aware of the config commands for the module, but I think it fair to say, that it can be hard to achieve the desired results, especially for people new to scripting. Alternatively it could be cool if you could place civilians in the editor, and give them some kind of init command, and that would include them in the ALICE list/fsm(?), so that they would also walk around and talk - and possibly be cached when you leave the area if that is possible with they way the module works.

I also think making the 'DISSMISS' waypoint customizable so that we can define the movement radius, would be an awesome move. That would be a great help to build immersive environments without extensive scripting. The behaviour for dissmissed units is great, but in a few minutes they scatter all around the island.

Alright.. I'm not saying I want to see super cars. I want to see modern, middle class, sedans, trucks, vans ect. The cars we have are designed to fit in well, and they do a good job of it. But since this is not such a poor country, I am HOPING cars will be more upper class/modern/not rusted garbage vholas and urals.

Edited by dammond

Let's just hope the driving is better than in A2. ;) Hahaha.

But since this such a poor country, I am HOPING cars will be better.

FPDR...i am pretty sure you are a yank, just by that fail statement.

know greece is going from some hard times atm, but still...

My apologies there, that didn't exactly make sense did it >__<. And no, I'm not a yank :butbut:

Please don't stereotype people... Although, IMO people in america that are ignorant are common, there is still a lot of people that are not... You're assuming the ENTIRE population is ignorant.

Please don't stereotype people... Although, IMO people in america that are ignorant are common, there is still a lot of people that are not... You're assuming the ENTIRE population is ignorant.

THANK YOU...

Took the words right out of my mouth!

I only hoping for some good looking civilian female characters. :rolleyes:

I must admit, this bloke here is dressed fairly well. 2020s fashion is looking good. Loving those blue jeans with the dizzying array of zippers and pockets. Glad to see that blue jeans are still popular in the 2020s.

Please don't stereotype people.

This. ^

Edited by Laqueesha

What about the civilian gadgets? I mean mobile phone, GPS, portable media player, ebook reader or such. Sometime they need need have their own entertainments with these portable electronics. Will they be also advanced in both appearance and functionality?

Ipod, PDA! "Erm, Sir, why do you have a ballistic calculator on your iphone?"

Ipod, PDA! "Erm, Sir, why do you have a ballistic calculator on your iphone?"

"And why you still using the civilian model, sir? Apple is already announced iPhone 13GM (M for Military) and it's a lot more faster and solid."

"And why you still using the civilian model, sir? Apple is already announced iPhone 13GM (M for Military) and it's a lot more faster and solid."

Yes it now has even better HD video capture and they removed that annoying call and receive calls option... that's sooooo 2015.

I doubt we will see a huge difference in clothing. Trends tend to come around when you don't expect. Look at the hypster trend :(