Sign in to follow this  
InFireBaptize

arma2OA - Death from above

Hi all,

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong but please have a look at this video and advise why UAV refuses to proceed to waypoint 1? it gets close to it then turns around and go back. Sometimes it won't even go, it flies in circle!

http://youtu.be/l81hscInmds

Edited by InFireBaptize

I think it flies in a square pattern around the marker point - which is a pain when it does a 90 degree turn. I spent half a day trying to learn how to fly one of these a while back and gave up! There's not a lot of stuff out there in Google land from what I remember either.

I did kind of get the hang of it after a while but nowhere near anywhere good enough to actually shoot anything!

I think it flies in a square pattern around the marker point - which is a pain when it does a 90 degree turn. I spent half a day trying to learn how to fly one of these a while back and gave up! There's not a lot of stuff out there in Google land from what I remember either.

I did kind of get the hang of it after a while but nowhere near anywhere good enough to actually shoot anything!

if you bug the UAV it will fly steady above the marker point, like keep clicking for waypoint close to UAV location, in the end it will fly steady but the stupid thing will get closer then fly back to where it was!

Oh, i managed to lase targets for the AH64 and destroyed those targets but it's frustrating to wait for the UAV to fly to waypoint. It's probably one of those bugged AI path finding!