Sign in to follow this  
jens198

Ft. Benning - Malone Rifle Ranges

I'm here at Benning now as an ammo manager. This map is great. Your grids are only slightly off from the real thing. That in itself is awesome. Great attention to detail bro.

Do you plan on putting permanent targetry/ivans into the map?

Do you plan on expanding to cover most of Benning?

Would you do Fort Hood?

I love seeing real world locations in Arma 2. Thanks again.

Sorry, but I have to disapoint you here. Currently I don't plan to expand the map or to add any target system. I was thinking about Ft. Hood indeed, but yesterday I discovered that Google maps now has hires satimages of the Grafenwöhr training area (which might bring back lots of old memories to me).

My other two projects are NTC at Ft. Irwin and FT. Knox.

Jens

Have any preview shots for the next maps you're working on? :D :popcornsmilie:

Sure, take a look here.

Jens

Edited by jens198

Oh the sad irony of your pic of the tank at a Fort Knox range.

Knox was where I did 19K training in 95. Now I'm here at Benning with the 194th AR TNG BDE.

Irwin is looking right on the money. You should make a desert tortouse model. Then have it randomly pop up on Irwin ranges. Then the range gets shut down by the EPA. Ha.

P.S. How big is the Irwin map?

...Here comes my first ArmA2 release...

Jens

Congrats on your first release on this side of the BIA/BIS fence.

Ft Knox!!!!!!

Is that Yano Range? If it is all its missing is the big friggin hill to get down to it.... my 1SG loved running up that sucker...... my knees hurt thinking about it!

Hello jens198!

I want to see this addon uploaded to Six Updater network.

Am I allowed to go talk to Sickboy and ask him to add this to the network?

Thanks in advance!

Hello jens198!

I want to see this addon uploaded to Six Updater network.

Am I allowed to go talk to Sickboy and ask him to add this to the network?

Thanks in advance!

Sure, go ahead. I was planing to do it by myself but hadn't found the time.

Jens

I would love to see more of FT Irwin after having done five rotations there myself. Thanks for all the great work on these.

Hello,

I am a n00b with ARMA 2, but use ARMA and the other game that will not be named.

Any way I had an issue with opening the map, as the was an error and my game shut down with this error displayed;

errorwithBenningmap.png

I have the pbo in the mod folder as described in the forums.

My version is 1.50.70996

1.50? That has to be at least a year old. The first thing you should do is update to the latest version which is 1.59.79384 and see if that fixes it.

1.50? That has to be at least a year old. The first thing you should do is update to the latest version which is 1.59.79384 and see if that fixes it.

Yes that fixed it. I updated after the post and tested last night late, hence why I did not reply immediately to say that was not the problem.

Again thanks!

I seem to be missing something.

Wonderful map but ...

... is there a mission that goes with it?

I have 3 other ranges, and each one I spawn and find a variety of teleport points / scripts for targets and such.

Are you guys running in Edit mode or something?

/*flummoxed*/

Thanks to Jens we are now working on the source files of this map. All credit goes to Jens and his hard work.

This is an internal project and will be released once with completed.

In the mean time RG are using a slightly altered version of this map for our private training.

If any mappers would like to help out with this project please let me know via PM.

Reality Gaming will be using this as there new training camp.

Andrews would you be willing to release the mission y'all wrote so others can take advantage of this awesome map and we can help by submitting bug reports if you would like? Having a real rifle range would be awesome! Thanks.

This map certainly brings back memories of when I was in basic with D Co. 1/19 OSUT.

Hi guys,

I'm really happy to see, that my map came to some good use and even brought back some good memories to some of you. You all encouraged me to restart the work on my NTC map.

Jens

Hi guys,

I'm really happy to see, that my map came to some good use and even brought back some good memories to some of you. You all encouraged me to restart the work on my NTC map.

Jens

Glad to hear the great news Jens! It is truly an amazing map. Look forward to what NTC has to offer!

my NTC map.

GREAT give me nightmares now :) Make sure to simulate the week of boredom before and after leaving the box ;)