Sign in to follow this  
msy

GUARD waypoint issue, confirmed in ARMA2 1.10\1.57\1.59

This may be an very old issue but it still exists. At least I have tested the demo missions in ARMA2 1.10\1.57\1.59 and the latest beta.

I have reported this issue in CIT but I think there should be more people reading it in this thread and voting for it.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23405

BUG repro.:

1.You put a group and you are in it but not as commander, or you are the same side but not in the group.

2.set a GUARD waypiont in your leader, or the group's leader.

3.set an enemy (group) anywhere or as far as you can.

4.Then start the mission.

5.You will see the commander has known who is the enemy and orders the team to somewhere (mainly the enemy's direction) not far from the origin posision. But the commander won't order the tear to go forward a lot and after 20 seconds he stops or returns to the original position again.

Note:

I have tested in all 8 official maps, any long distance so this shouldn't be an occasional visual problem for AI.

Here is the video to show what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mESDfwjEJnY

Edited by msy

Won't all of you guys regard this issue as a bug?

It doesn't seem like much of an issue.

Yes it is a bug, but there are many more important ones out there IMHO.

i'm having waypoint issue with death from above mission. I order the UAV to fly to waypoint 1 it either flies away from it, get closer then flies away from it or flies in circle, really frustrating! it's a great mission to play but stupid UAV flies far and close to AA and gets shot down!!

UAVs are supposed to fly in a circle (or follow it's 4 square waypoints). You'll want to press Q while active to make it gain height to keep out of AA range though.

Check the editing forums, there's quite a few settings you'll want to engage on a UAV to make it not be stupid.

UAVs are supposed to fly in a circle (or follow it's 4 square waypoints). You'll want to press Q while active to make it gain height to keep out of AA range though.

Check the editing forums, there's quite a few settings you'll want to engage on a UAV to make it not be stupid.

hi, thanks for your reply. what editing forum?